So, are we gonna talk about this?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1oaph31h said:
Posing 'nude' (he's probably got one of those junk sacks on) for a couple of photographers isn't anything like being asked BS questions by the word-twisting media. These are artists who are pretty well known for doing classy spreads. NFL players hang out in the locker room naked all the time, it's not a big thing to them as most have been doing it since high school. Equating Lynch's media apprehensiveness to physical hypocrisy is just stupid; it's not like you can even see anything. He looks like one would expect him to look like sans football uniform. Quit acting 10 years old about nudity.

If you don't want to covet media attention why do stuff that's going to do exactly that? Whether it's hypocrisy or not I don't really care but you can see why people are scratching their heads at this.

253hawk

Reaction score
Because year in and year out it's never really been a huge deal. Pose nude for a couple of action shots, done. The media blips over it in a day or two (especially since it's largely a print feature in a subscribed magazine) and then it's back to who's getting arrested for being a dumb ass or snorting coke in Vegas bathrooms.

chris98251

Reaction score
Posing in a spread isn't having a microphone shoved in your face asking a bunch of questions that will be taken and edited to sound out of context or misrepresented.

Also he is setting the ground rules in the Photo shoot, during the season he is told he has to appear and be available etc, again different circumstances.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ruining his cred? :roll:

drama much?

And as far as the media stuff goes, screw them, he doesn't owe them a thing.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
I can' t believe that there's this many posts on this topic. I thought I'd see one post that just said "nope".

Subzero717

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":r0jibxuf said:
I can' t believe that there's this many posts on this topic. I thought I'd see one post that just said "nope".

You do know its the offseason here at .net?

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Hypocrite? Oh lordy, lordy. Marshawn likes to do things on his terms. Not wanting to deal with media at interviews and press gatherings is quite different from doing a photo shoot where I'm sure he has quite of bit of say on how it turns out.

HHawk121

Reaction score
It seems as though a lot of people don't really understand Marshawn... He loved the limelight. He used to be a juicy interview. He would have fun with em, laugh with em, and say whatever was on his mind. Until they started twisting his words, using them against him. He's been soured by their misuse of his words and now despises them for it. I'm fairly certain RRR didn't help. He upset a few fans saying something (I don't recall off hand what it was) and in the blink of an eye, he stopped showing ANYTHING in the media.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Donk70":2ecogm4f said:
For a guy that's only "bout that action, boss", he's certainly damaging his cred.

Have a fun time defending yourself on this post! The only credentials that seem suspect is yours!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Donk70":3r2mdtsv said:
BlueTalon":3r2mdtsv said:
Donk70":3r2mdtsv said:
The guy also doesn't like being the center of attention, yet he poses naked in a national publication. Hypocrite much?
Who really gives a crap?

Besides, he doesn't owe you an explanation for anything.
Lol Where in any of my posts did I ask for an explanation?

Call it as I see it. Imagine if he played for the Whiners. This place would be blowing it's top.

Kaepernick was already in an issue. No one on the site "blew" anything. That's for them folks in SF.

Now, if Lynch played for the Niners.....yea some folks would freak out. But it has nothing to do with ESPN the mag nude shots.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
He's not going to talk about football, he's going to show you by playing it.
He's not going to talk about his body, he's going to show it to you.

Well, not IT, it.

Ain't that kind of mag, boss.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":k91dkdl5 said:
253hawk":k91dkdl5 said:
Posing 'nude' (he's probably got one of those junk sacks on) for a couple of photographers isn't anything like being asked BS questions by the word-twisting media. These are artists who are pretty well known for doing classy spreads. NFL players hang out in the locker room naked all the time, it's not a big thing to them as most have been doing it since high school. Equating Lynch's media apprehensiveness to physical hypocrisy is just stupid; it's not like you can even see anything. He looks like one would expect him to look like sans football uniform. Quit acting 10 years old about nudity.

If you don't want to covet media attention why do stuff that's going to do exactly that? Whether it's hypocrisy or not I don't really care but you can see why people are scratching their heads at this.
People are scratching their heads at this because they're stupidly equating two very unequal things. This is about as equal to in-season on-the-cuff media interviews as the Raiders are to the Seahawks in terms of team quality. They're just not the same thing at all, in any universe except people doing the same thing they say all-evil media does: twist words to make some inane "point".

MadSweeney

Reaction score
Those are the supple buttocks of a champion! The 2nd best RB in the league the last 5 years (maybe not in stats, but in truth, AP is just better than anyone in a decade) and the face and heartbeat and leader of the reformation of the Seahawks. It's utterly absorbing to see the power without all the padding. Much more vulnerable and courageous than any interview could ever be. You can admire men's bodies without wanting to put any of their body parts inside you, or vice versa.

I thought his calves would be bigger.

The hockey player in the issue is gorgeous. 185 pounds?! She looks more muscular than any of her male counterparts I've ever seen shirtless.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He runs fools over, and is one of the hardest guys to bring down on the football field, nothing else matters.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

That's a pretty damn cool composition by the photographer.

kearly

Reaction score
Thanks Anguish. The tweet feature is awesome.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What this thread needs is a uniform thread.