So Bad From Start To Finish It Was Laughable

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3p4dxtou said:
Not laughing one bit. They looked like they flat out didn't care. That isn't something we see from a Carroll team. Absolutely putrid.

Even Pete was confused in his presser, haven't heard him sound that disheartened in a long time.

We've had bad games, but we've never looked like a team that's given up..............at home..........with EVERYTHING on the line.

Jville

Reaction score
Well, there is typically a silver lining to any negative. We didn't attend or watch the game telecast. I'm grateful that grifter Michael Bennett has discouraged us from attending Century Link in person. If we had of attended yesterday's game, we would have returned home this morning via Amtrak 501. [tweet]https://twitter.com/wsdot_tacoma/status/942782934502670337[/tweet] CBS coverage live Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amtrak-train-derailment-tacoma-washington-traffic-today-live-updates/[/urltargetblank]

Bad Karma at work.

We made the right decision.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Aros":3j52xa41 said:
The U.S.S. Seahawk, which was built in 2012, is sinking. Save your top players and youngin's that have bought in and playing hard, and let all the rest go down with the ship.

You're floating by in your lifeboat and you see Bevell and/or Cable swimming for dear life. What do you do?

RussB

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1r347rn8 said:
It was like a Madden game against my kids.
I play madden , when i blow someone out its usually even more competitive that that was.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
kf3339":3658u5cw said:
Surprised by the score. Not the Loss.

PC just doesn't get it anymore, and Paul Allen needs to do what is right for the team at this point. That is clearly to make a complete change of the coaching staff after this season starting with PC. Let him announce his retirement to save face, but if he is not willing to do so let him go.

It is time to bring in a fresh, creative and aggressive HC who understands offenses well. Someone who can build a strong offensive system around RW to really flourish. Also someone who understands how to make in-game adjustments when and where needed. Last, someone who understands that we have some strong pieces on the defense that can bring back a top 5 defense, but knows how to get an aggressive DC who is as strong on that side of the ball as he would be for the offense.

The sad part is that this has been the case for two years, and nothing was done to fix it.

This...
The answer is so simple I’m dumbfounded there hasn’t been an owner, GM, or fan base that haven’t tried or thought of it before. Just hire the best coach and coordinators.

Dust off the chopping block because the answer is much simpler than the problem.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I woke up and didn't even want to watch the game, at least the first half. The fundamental flaws that many here have been excusing/explaining away this season finally caught up to them when it mattered most, which is what I had a bad premonition about. Not saying I'm a psychic, but it just has felt this way all season. It hasn't been a ramshackle season a la young and scrappy Bear News Bears, but more like ramshackle stale and crumbling team that needs a fresh blood infusion.

You CANNOT justify having an offense in the NFL that can't execute simple Football plays and score a touchdown in the first quarter, or first half sometimes. It's fundamentals. The team seems to going through the natural up and down cycle that pro teams have. But they think they can limp along with Magic Russ and ye olde LOB without any of the fire in the bellies of the coaches and peripheral players.

Who knows what really goes on in the locker room and offices, but it seems obvious on the field that there are a lot of excuses going around, instead of results. Not good.

We have an emotional attachment to our beloved Hawks. Here again are the five stages of grief:

Denial - 'They just had a bad Sunday. Russ and the gang always start the season slow.'
Anger - 'You fairweather fans are just negative nellies! You suck! Go watch the Sounders, loser.'
Bargaining - 'Maybe if we get some injured plays back and the OL starts to gel...'
Depression - 'Dang, is it really over? For now or forever?'
Acceptance - 'Well, Russell has a ton of good years left, but maybe time to surround him with new talent and craft a team that if viable moving forward and not just resting on laurels...'

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":23irsoui said:
The most perplexing thing for me in that game was how FLAT they came out. Completely uninspired from the start. This game was MASSIVE for our playoff hopes and chance to potentially retain our status as perennial division champions. We could have made a bold statement, instead they all came out and played like they wanted to be at home on the couch or on the golf course.

Just disgusted on SO many levels with this team today. Coaches, players, everyone.

NO EXCUSES. I want my money back.

I think there's an underlying feeling with this team that they feel the injuries are becoming insurmountable.

When so many guys are hurt, you know backups aren't going to compete.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
You can bury your head in the sand, and say that well that's just our style, but look at the company the Hawks are keeping at the bottom of the barrel for first half points, according to teamstats for 2017. Nope, everything is just fine! We're averaging essentially one touchdown in the first half. But our defense is banged up! :|

Cut bait.

Chicago

Tampa Bay

Denver

Seattle

San Francisco

Cleveland

Miami

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will say that this team is not as good as the win against the Eagles and not as bad as the loss against the Rams.

That's my silver lining for the day. :lol:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Jville":1ok2wg22 said:
I'm grateful that grifter Michael Bennett has discouraged us from attending Century Link in person. If we had of attended yesterday's game, we would have returned home this morning via Amtrak 501.

Bad Karma at work.

I'm trying to understand the point from this veteran poster. So bad Karma, you're saying Michael Bennett caused the derailment? That the 80 passengers on that train were Michael Bennett fans, and by inference had this train crash coming?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus. #1, you don't go the games because of Bennett? #2, you are somehow tying him to the train derailing?
Classy

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
Palmegranite":25de852t said:
Jville":25de852t said:
I'm grateful that grifter Michael Bennett has discouraged us from attending Century Link in person. If we had of attended yesterday's game, we would have returned home this morning via Amtrak 501.

Bad Karma at work.

I'm trying to understand the point from this veteran poster. So bad Karma, you're saying Michael Bennett caused the derailment? That the 80 passengers on that train were Michael Bennett fans, and by inference had this train crash coming?

I have to pile on as well, a disheartening lose can bring out frustrations in the best of us, but this seems over the top and you’re a better poster than this.

And to add insult to injury he’s a grifter?

Did you mean he’s conning fans with how he plays? Has his pay per play reached the level that he’s now extorting the Seahawks? Perhaps he has swindled the NFL into thinking he’s a two time probowler?

I could think of several disparaging adjectives to describe Michael Bennett, if I wanted, grifter just isn’t one that comes to mind :roll:

Latest posts