So, I got this text message....

djb28

Reaction score
Haha. People are funny. I made it through the 70s, 80s 90s. I can make it through 2017.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
You could offer me a free ticket on the 50-yard line to any game and I'd turn it down. Watching at home is infinitely more enjoyable to me than spending $100+ on gas, parking, and concessions to spend 4 hours surrounded by drunks and ignorant bigots.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
djb28":38wppt3m said:
Haha. People are funny. I made it through the 70s, 80s 90s. I can make it through 2017.

^this!
I passed a guy in the winter of 93 after the 2-14 season while wearing my Seahawks jacket and hat. His comment to me..." you must be a real fan!" Always and forever!

I'll take any ticket given to me. 50 yard line or nose bleed.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Them Seahawks coaches should have damn well anticipated that 6-7 of their best players were going to get injured this year and they should have sold the farm to draft at least 4 or 5 guys in the 1-st/2-nd round last year to avoid all of these blowout losses. Maybe they can pull off a trade and get God (Brady) here next year so he could become the first ever QB to be killed by his OL. The murder trial will have 6 defendants, OLT, OLG, OC, ORG, ORT & Coach Tom Cable as the prime defendant. The executions (hangings) will begin on Monday, after the next big blowout loss seals their fate.

The new Seahawk OL coach, Elmer Fudd, has immediate success & the Seahawks go on to win 5 SB's. Their 1-st round pick in the coming draft will land them their RB of the future, a fine looking young donkey with 4 strong legs, great burst and a whole bunch of grit. The Seahawks hope he can be the first ever 3000 yard season rusher, and are excited to learn that the donkey is also a great field goal kicker, killing two needs with one pick. Blaire Walsh gets a new job, following the donkey around with a shovel, he may get fired though, because he consistently misses shit with his shovel every time he swings at it. Seahawks forever.
:sarcasm_off:

:smilingalien:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
BigMeach":29dl2ili said:
Good maybe real fans will get a chance to get back into the stadium.

:ditto: Bring down those ticket prices, it'll remove the corporate crowd for sure.

Funny how many people have abandoned ship over here on the east side of the state. Bunch of Fairweather fans Spokane has

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sunday was definitely a come to truth moment. One thing I noticed in the 90's was that once August rolled around I always had hope of "this is the year we start to make it work".

IndyHawk

Reaction score
djb28":17fmkiru said:
That is my take as well...
The newer ones have never felt the agony of many defeats.
So maybe they have trouble coping?

AF_BASS_MAN

Reaction score
Hopefully this will get rid of all the damn bandwagon fans that have helped make us one of the NFL biggest laughing stocks.

Obviously every team has them, but to be a team that isn’t necessarily one of the historically “proud franchises” due to our relatively young team age, where as a result we didn’t really have the nationally renowned huge fan base, to the team with so called “12’s” all over the damn country who claim to have always been a fan their entire life....I also say good riddance and to stay the hell away.

I don’t want to see any of them come back whenever we get back to a position of dominance again.

Have to take the good with the bad.

And I swear to god....if I start to see a ton of Rams fans all over the place who used to wear Seahawks gear....

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I really enjoy your from-the-heart posts, Pacific. Thanks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Silly friend, free 50 yard line tickets to what should be a very good game, turned down? Questioning his fandom? Sounds like hyperbole to me.

It's easy to understand the disappointment of a loss like the Rams laid on our team last Sunday, it was hard to watch. Disgusting in so many ways. So different from expectation.

With any sports franchise the tide of success comes on and goes out. We fans have been filled with entitlement because this lengthy run of high expectations of continuing success. So, when the wheels fall off like the beat down last Sunday at our house, othat event takes considerable processing. All that said, we have been blessed with a phenomenal run and though the present team is a tad broken with injury there are some obvious areas needing change which could result in a prompt revival of fortune there is a good solid roster here with just few areas of critical weakness.

I recall being excited when it was announced that Seattle woul be getting a football franchise in the NFL, I was instantly a Fan and have become a lifetime fanatic. Of course that dates me and reality is that if counted in dog years I'm dead. Sometimes the team has been hard to watch, at times, almost beyond terrible. We've been blessed with Zorn to Larget, Thunderfoot Weaver, Dave Krieg, Chuck Knox, the Tez, Walter Jones, and many many more. Now we have Russell and he's special. Unlike a few other teams around the league ours has been to the Mountain twice in a row and ignominiously had success snatched away at the end the second time. This team has thrilled me, enraged me, broken my heart, made me happy. I have had an enjoyable lifetime of watching the good, the bad, and the ugly. They have delivered it all at different times. At this stage I'm incapable of having my fandom questioned. I am a twelve!

Bring on the Cowboys! Seek Zeke, and destroy! He say's he going to run for 200, we'll see. Hope he gets his azz kicked. Our team doesn't need do do more than to stuff Zeke and play disciplined D. Seattle ends Dallas' playoff run for this season today.

Big changes are coming for our team at the end of this season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2pwm3jfk said:
Silly friend, free 50 yard line tickets to what should be a very good game, turned down? Questioning his fandom? Sounds like hyperbole to me.

It's easy to understand the disappointment of a loss like the Rams laid on our team last Sunday, it was hard to watch. Disgusting in so many ways. So different from expectation.

With any sports franchise the tide of success comes on and goes out. We fans have been filled with entitlement because this lengthy run of high expectations of continuing success. So, when the wheels fall off like the beat down last Sunday at our house, othat event takes considerable processing. All that said, we have been blessed with a phenomenal run and though the present team is a tad broken with injury there are some obvious areas needing change which could result in a prompt revival of fortune there is a good solid roster here with just few areas of critical weakness.

I recall being excited when it was announced that Seattle woul be getting a football franchise in the NFL, I was instantly a Fan and have become a lifetime fanatic. Of course that dates me and reality is that if counted in dog years I'm dead. Sometimes the team has been hard to watch, at times, almost beyond terrible. We've been blessed with Zorn to Larget, Thunderfoot Weaver, Dave Krieg, Chuck Knox, the Tez, Walter Jones, and many many more. Now we have Russell and he's special. Unlike a few other teams around the league ours has been to the Mountain twice in a row and ignominiously had success snatched away at the end the second time. This team has thrilled me, enraged me, broken my heart, made me happy. I have had an enjoyable lifetime of watching the good, the bad, and the ugly. They have delivered it all at different times. At this stage I'm incapable of having my fandom questioned. I am a twelve!

Bring on the Cowboys! Seek Zeke, and destroy! He say's he going to run for 200, we'll see. Hope he gets his azz kicked. Our team doesn't need do do more than to stuff Zeke and play disciplined D. Seattle ends Dallas' playoff run for this season today.

Big changes are coming for our team at the end of this season.
:2thumbs: Love you man!

BigMeach

Reaction score
pmedic920":27p3pai9 said:
endzorn":27p3pai9 said:
BigMeach":27p3pai9 said:
Good maybe real fans will get a chance to get back into the stadium.
I’m always confused about whether or not I’m a real fan. Can you make out a list of Real Fan rules so I know if I qualify?

I know rite.

Every time I start to think I might be one, someone says something that makes me question the validity of my fandom.

That’s kind of the point of my post.

I’m wondering if my fandom should be damaged, or not.

Maybe I’m not “one”, and that’s the reason I can’t tell if mine has been damaged.

#confusedintexas

If your reaction to one bad loss is the same as your friends, you aren't.

Noone likes losing but if that's all it takes to make you not go to games that you pay thousands of dollars to have tickets for every year, maybe you should do something else.

Latest posts