So, is Dan Quinn still unemployed?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I mean, he did preside over the LOB. Bring him back. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I don't live on this board like I used to. I mean, he's gotta be better than Norton, right? And I understand that we don't have the horses in the stable that we used to have when Quinn was here, but he did a pretty damn good job and I hated it when he left. Install Quinn as DC, and offer Norton his old role with the team, from back in the LOB days. That worked out pretty well. Of course, it would all hinge on Quinn wanting the job of course, and Norton accepting a demotion. Just sayin'... I think that'd be so cool! And more importantly, perhaps giving us the boost we need to make the playoffs, and beyond.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Quinn busy right now licking his wounds and living the good life.
Doubt Norton would take a demotion after back to back coordinator gigs. Also doubt anything gonna happen on that front until after the season, at earliest.
I agree though, I would be more confident in our D with Quinn running the show.

W

Welshers

I believe dan still gets paid by the falcons until he gets hired by a new team for at least the year. So it may not make sense for him financially to have to work for a DC salary when he could relax and get paid HC money doing nothing instead

AgentDib

Reaction score
RCATES":17wql8kq said:
https://twitter.com/KryzivenTake2/status/1329443168790712320/photo/1
I'm not defending Norton, but that tweet is such a MMQB take. Does he think the Rams were clueless previous to the penalty that we might blitz Adams? Or that they automatically knew following the penalty we were going to do it again?

It's like ridiculing somebody for using paper twice in a row in rock, paper, scissors.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
AgentDib":h6ysahfb said:
It's like ridiculing somebody for using paper twice in a row in rock, paper, scissors.

This is such an incredibly apt analogy of how complicated our defense is and how clueless KNJ is.

RCATES

Reaction score
AgentDib":1lnnxurs said:
RCATES":1lnnxurs said:
https://twitter.com/KryzivenTake2/status/1329443168790712320/photo/1
I'm not defending Norton, but that tweet is such a MMQB take. Does he think the Rams were clueless previous to the penalty that we might blitz Adams? Or that they automatically knew following the penalty we were going to do it again?

I disagree. If your hand gets shown you adjust and 100% don't call the same play. Norton/Pete is the worst D cord combo in the league hands down. Pete chose a "Yes Man" he could control.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Unemployed? Yes.

Still hammering his big fat Falcon paychecks through 2022? Also yes.

Why would Quinn come back here when he can wait until the off season, or even a whole year to see if any head coaching jobs open up.

There's no reason for him to take even an advisory role here stepping on his friend's toes.......for what? Maybe we court him back in the off season, but there's literally no reason for him to come here mid- season.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pu2xvhs said:
There's no reason for him to take even an advisory role here stepping on his friend's toes.......for what? Maybe we court him back in the off season, but there's literally no reason for him to come here mid- season.

Well, NO reason is a bit of a stretch if he values another shiny ring on his finger. Or at least a decent shot at one if he felt he could make a difference. I know Paul ain't around anymore, but I'm sure he'd be a VERY well paid DC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BlueThunder":7tblrcmq said:
Sgt. Largent":7tblrcmq said:

Well, NO reason is a bit of a stretch if he values another shiny ring on his finger. Or at least a decent shot at one if he felt he could make a difference. I know Paul ain't around anymore, but I'm sure he'd be a VERY well paid DC.

Idk why you guys think Pete would fire Norton mid season.

When has he ever fired a coordinator mid season, even going back to college?

Quinn's also good friends with Norton, so to think he'd be ok with replacing him, even in an advisory role doesn't seem even remotely likely.

You guys are grasping at straws here. Sure if Pete let's Norton go in the off season then maybe they'd look at bringing Quinn back. But now? No.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pns7z3q8 said:
BlueThunder":pns7z3q8 said:
Sgt. Largent":pns7z3q8 said:

Idk why you guys think Pete would fire Norton mid season.

When has he ever fired a coordinator mid season, even going back to college?

Quinn's also good friends with Norton, so to think he'd be ok with replacing him, even in an advisory role doesn't seem even remotely likely.

You guys are grasping at straws here. Sure if Pete let's Norton go in the off season then maybe they'd look at bringing Quinn back. But now? No.

I agree with you. I just would like to see it happen. It would be so belichick if it actually happened, which you're right, would be a long shot at best.