Dan Quinn

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
justafan":38tgq7dd said:
Im not so sure Quinn was that much better than Bradley. Bradley was not even a point different per game. He only had Wagner and Irvin for their rookie year and the team didnt have Bennet or Avril. Quinn had a more talented and experienced team to coach and it was still Petes D. They both got a lucky break coaching under Pete.

The team tackled a hell of lot better than they do now under Nortons watch

Bradley cost us the Superb Owl in Russ' rookie season!
Quinn got er done! No contest...

i think it would be too hard to give up on Norton in-season, but I would love to see Quinn coaching some Dee somehow.

Pete's' secondary, Norton's linebackers, and Quinn's line. That may do!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Why are we talking about dan quinn? Is their any rumors he is coming back? Lol

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3jvbcysj said:
Why are we talking about dan quinn? Is their any rumors he is coming back? Lol
Well he's just so dreamy. He makes my heart go doki, doki.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Watch Quinn go to San Fran although Saleh looks to have finally settle in or LA for Phillips not Bradley.

Best case scenario to me, Norton is selfless and just steps down to LBer coach, keeps his assistant head coach duties if he has that title or gets that title to keep his salary, then we hire Quinn as DC. Norton seems like a dude that might step-down for a guy who is probably a better coordinator. Norton is a great coach and IMO has future HC capabilities with his commanding presence but his coordination is not on the same level of his coaching, I’m certain he knows this, no matter how prideful he might be.

getnasty

Reaction score
Pete might bring him on to help but he's not letting Norton go to give him the DC job. Falcons are currently second to last in ppg defensively, which is pretty alarming to me for a defensive minded guy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":2oixtbvi said:
Pete might bring him on to help but he's not letting Norton go to give him the DC job. Falcons are currently second to last in ppg defensively, which is pretty alarming to me for a defensive minded guy.
Let's look at the Falcons besides some injuries..
You paid all these mega contracts so your team is full of holes..No??
Your QB is getting old ..Where's your running game?DQ doesn't pay
the guys or have control of the players they get..He's in a Gruden type
situation where the owner/gm handcuff you.

LTH

Reaction score
Why does anyone think Quinn would want to come back as an assistant?

LTH

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
LTH":2so99dz1 said:
Why does anyone think Quinn would want to come back as an assistant?

LTH

That's fair. I mean, if Adam Gase can crap the bed in Miami and immediately get a job and more authority in New York, then Quinn could do the same, or better.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/1181695532336439296[/tweet]

I feel like the Pete Carroll defense has reached it's saturation point and I don't know if Quinn has been able to adjust. And that's with Dan calling the defensive plays.

I actually like what Seattle is doing on defensive with pretty shaky secondary talent, particularly at Nickel and Safety. We also don't have a true speed rusher for LEO. Hard to decide what the bigger priority will be in the offseason between safety and pass rush.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
What serious information does this thread have of anything realistic? It seems like OP was just bored and made a invaluable thread. I mean how dare he want to have a discussion with seahawk fans over possible seahawk news. Bah humbug.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, how dare you ask a question. You're supposed to add another Russ isn't good enough thread, that would fit in much better :lol:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Yxes1122":z0moo3iq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mookiealexander/status/1181695532336439296[/tweet]

I feel like the Pete Carroll defense has reached it's saturation point and I don't know if Quinn has been able to adjust. And that's with Dan calling the defensive plays.

I actually like what Seattle is doing on defensive with pretty shaky secondary talent, particularly at Nickel and Safety. We also don't have a true speed rusher for LEO. Hard to decide what the bigger priority will be in the offseason between safety and pass rush.

The LOB defense only worked in an era where receivers could be hit and contacted. Now that those things are all fouls, it doesn't work as well as just having a hellacious pass rush with both interior and edge pressure.

I think that's why Seattle has moved away from high priced talent in the secondary and more towards investing on DL.

SF is ranked #2 in Defensive DVOA and it's largely based on their front 7 play (and Sherman is playing pretty well too).

You "win in the trenches" is even more important these days.

Rams became the NFC West champs not because McVay was Mister Creative. They won because they had a stellar OL with no injuries for two years and a DL featuring Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers. This year their OL is less stellar and a bit banged up and all of a sudden they look fairly average.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1xqqto9k said:
What serious information does this thread have of anything realistic? It seems like OP was just bored and made a invaluable thread. I mean how dare he want to have a discussion with seahawk fans over possible seahawk news. Bah humbug.
If I heard Pete was interested in replacing Norton with Quinn, wouldn't you ask where I heard that from? You haven't been wronged here, people just want to know details because they care about the team.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
AgentDib":2fos0sgj said:
Shanegotyou11":2fos0sgj said:
If I heard Pete was interested in replacing Norton with Quinn, wouldn't you ask where I heard that from? You haven't been wronged here, people just want to know details because they care about the team.

Dan Quinn is irrelevant here. Seahawks aren't speaking about him at all. This thread is pointless and just opinions from fans. I gave you guys links down in my thread after i realized i didnt and ppl were rude.

My thread is way more relevant then this thread and many others. It also had insiders speaking on it. I just dont go in threads and a be a dick. If i dont care to read about the 47th Russ thread or Pete thread, i dont insert myself into it.