So... Mama Lynch laid into Terry Blount

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Smellyman":wmde7x7n said:
Tical21":wmde7x7n said:
Anthony!":wmde7x7n said:
So a couple of things. yes to an extent they play to stop Lynch, and yes some players say it, others say they need to stop RW, not just his passing but his running. You heard the Rams, and Cardinals last year all the talked about was keeping Rw in the pocket, using run blitz's to stop Rw from being able to move, and play tight coverage. The knew that Lynch's style of running cannot beat them, and they are right. He can wear a team down, and he can keep the chains moving but he will not beat you with his style of run. I equate it to any great NBA player they are going to get theirs but if they get theirs and you stay on all the others that great player will not beat you. The same holds true for Lynch. Run Blitzing despite the name is only partial about stopping the run, the other part is about getting to the QB and since as we all know there were times our WR could not get open, it worked for the cardinals. Now add in Harvin and his running, with RW and either of our other 2 backs and the fact they have been adding in check downs for RW I think we can do just fine with or without Lynch. Also you should really go back and look at film there was not 8 in the box as much as you think. IN fact Lynch was 19th on facing 8 in a box in 2013 and it was about the same as last year. The league avg was 23.25%, Lynch was at 21.27% Do not get me wrong I would rather have Lynch than not, but it is not the end of the world. RW would be the end of the world not Lynch.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... n-the-box/
Color me totally shocked that you didn't use your own data to get this info.

own data? Do you keep track of everything yourself?
Anthony has made a point of saying he tracks every play for his own stats. I saw something like that in a previous Tical vs Anthony exchange.
"It was between the brothers, Kay."

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Throwdown":4w6me1ww said:
http://deadspin.com/marshawn-lynchs-mom-goes-in-on-reporter-with-all-caps-c-1613040839?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Ayyyyyyyyy I agree with her.

This woman gave birth to Beast Mode. Do not mess with this woman.
:lol:

She didn't "give" birth, Marshawn broke his first tackle escaping the womb. "Can't hold me!"

taco40

Reaction score
Chris Johnson; John Riggins; Emmitt Smith; Darrelle Revis; Eric Dickerson; Jeff George; Mike Singletary; Sean Gilbert; Jerry Rice; William “Pudge: Heffelfinger all held out for better contracts. How many of them just didn't want to be in camp? I don't think Marshawn much likes training camp since he doesn't play much in the preseason and won't again this year. He'll be ready, I think, for game one. And if not, who is giving him this advice that he should hold out. I'm not convinced that he is only about money since he spends a lion's share in "his community".
I will be disappointed, though, if it IS all about $$. If that's the case, then he shouldn't have signed for the long term. The Seahawks organization should not change a policy of renegotiating for a short term gain that will produce more long term headaches. I hope I don't have to miss watching the Beast.
(When did William “Pudge: Heffelfinger hold out? See the hall of fame web site.)

AVL

Reaction score
I always prefer my mother doing the talking for me.

I don't like Blount, but this is silly.

warden

Reaction score
jlwaters1":26emmrzs said:
Marshawn had just 3 100 yard game, 4- 90 yard games, he had 0- 80 yard games. (I point this out because against the 49ers in week 2 he had 98 yards and we pulled him out, he should have broken 100 that day had the game not been finished and he was pulled late in the 4th. He also had 98 against Houston.)

So 7 of 16 games in 2013 one would consider successful outings. That a steep drop-off from last year and even is weaker than 2011.

How many top ten defenses did we play in 2013 compared to 2012 ? It is a big factor