So..Many on the old ESPN forums called that...

rjas77

Reaction score
Harbaugh would lose the team either this year or the next.

Given that the 49'ers were 13-3 in his first year..

11-4-1 last year..

and with 6 games left are 6-4 this year...

Has Harbaugh lost his team as so many said would happen?

I'm not ready to say he's lost the team, but I will say his team has lost it's identity

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Unless he is smart enough to go the same route Tom Coughlin went and become much more of a "players coach", then yeah he's in trouble.

Brahn

Reaction score
Yelling like an idiot is fine when you are winning and it validates such things. Once you start losing and your coach is still yelling it becomes noise.

OP
OP
R

rjas77

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2liqxpdf said:
Unless he is smart enough to go the same route Tom Coughlin went and become much more of a "players coach", then yeah he's in trouble.

I'm thinking the same thing.

He had his shot at glory and choked on the 5 yard line.

He very well made the wrong call at QB. Face it Niner fans..Krapperpick has regressed, and judging trend the Niner's as a team has regressed as well

Meanwhile...it appears that the Rams and Cardinals are on the rise and our Hawks have vaulted to the top.

Even though the Niner's have a plethora of picks next year, given their track record the last three years, I wouldn't put much faith in much improvement as a team.

I think that with the current systems in place, the Niner's will be playing second fiddle the next five years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Receiver and OC and QB coach are the biggest holes I see. Time to get a coach to pull Kaeps head out of his ass and start calling the plays that are the strength of the team not catering to the athletic ability of the QB that beleives his headline readings.

Having said that, I see them trading picks to get a top end receiver and QB, they had a lot of stashed players for previous draft that will step in as in Lattimore and the D lineman the picked. They need ready to play players to make a push again and recover from the Super Bowl Hangover.

drdiags

Reaction score
From a neutral opinion, as neutral as a rival fan can be, I doubt a coach loses his team after going 13-3 (NFC Championship game loss), 11-4-1 (Superbowl loss) and 6-4 (still in the playoff hunt).

Hell, there are thoughts that Shiano still has the players going all out for him. They need some WRs so that losing Crabtree doesn't completely neuter their offense. Players aren't that fickle.

OP
OP
R

rjas77

Reaction score
chris98251":27rqfcat said:
Receiver and OC and QB coach are the biggest holes I see. Time to get a coach to pull Kaeps head out of his ass and start calling the plays that are the strength of the team not catering to the athletic ability of the QB that beleives his headline readings.

Having said that, I see them trading picks to get a top end receiver and QB, they had a lot of stashed players for previous draft that will step in as in Lattimore and the D lineman the picked. They need ready to play players to make a push again and recover from the Super Bowl Hangover.

Disagree...

13-3

11-4-1

and now 6-4 with 6 games left.

Can you argue the point that the 49'res are....

Progressing...

stable...

or regressing?

Those three conditions cover all possibilities

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think Hairball's pedestrian offense is losing the team. There is a reason nobody except Hairball runs Bo Shembechler's offense in the NFL. Maybe Hairball will figure that out soon, but I doubt it.

rlkats

Reaction score
I don't think the Niners are regressing but I also think there is major area of concern with the qb and receiver play. I see teams with back up qb and no name receiver get it done. I think the players on offense are losing faith in Kap.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
rlkats":1mhoahh1 said:
I don't think the Niners are regressing but I also think there is major area of concern with the qb and receiver play. I see teams with back up qb and no name receiver get it done. I think the players on offense are losing faith in Kap.

If you were going to make a wager, what do you think SF does with Kaep's contract situation?

Jac

Reaction score
Their identity is also at stake going forward into next year. Gore is going to be 31, and they might not want to pay Iupati market value. So depending on how Lattimore works out for them, they could have issues in their power running game soon.

drdiags

Reaction score
His backup RBs tend to speak out on Twitter about playing time, though I am sure Christine Michael probably relates

Anthony Dixon is one of the most entertaining San Francisco 49ers to follow on Twitter. His posts are usually upbeat, abstract and hilarious. But after the 49ers 23-20 loss to the Saints in New Orleans, in which he had zero touches on offense, he took a very different tone.

The 49ers backup running back was clearly frustrated.

http://fieldofteams.csnbayarea.com/2013/11/18/49ers-dixon-vents-on-twitter-after-loss-to-saints/

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There's very little evidence he's 'losing the team'.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest they're not doing a very good job coaching an extremely talented roster.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3hoenedc said:
There's very little evidence he's 'losing the team'.

There's plenty of evidence to suggest they're not doing a very good job coaching an extremely talented roster.
And if that continues, he will be losing the team.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Niners are enjoying their only winning seasons going back to 2003, they are still 6-4 and while appearing marginal as a playoff participant, they are a winning team which is a lot better than many other teams. I don't think Harbaugh is losing the team, but I do think Roman is predictable and uncreative. He needs to add some action to their offense, improve his playcalling skills and flipping get the damn play in. They STILL struggle with that.

On second thought, after initially thinking that the Niners should give Roman more time, forget that, fired that hack. He had all offseason to work on some of that stuff and made very minimal improvement if any.

rideaducati

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3tcw79vb said:
rlkats":3tcw79vb said:

If you were going to make a wager, what do you think SF does with Kaep's contract situation?

He's signed THROUGH next season. He CAN be extended after this season. I think the niners let him play THROUGH his contract and if he takes off next year, they can use the franchise tag on him and then work on a long term deal. If he tanks again, they let him walk.

rlkats

Reaction score
rideaducati":12n0xukn said:
EverydayImRusselin":12n0xukn said:
rlkats":12n0xukn said:

He's signed THROUGH next season. He CAN be extended after this season. I think the niners let him play THROUGH his contract and if he takes off next year, they can use the franchise tag on him and then work on a long term deal. If he tanks again, they let him walk.

Wager that's a tough one. If I had to I would say his play would not get I'm a huge paycheck. I'm sorry I can not give any numbers I'd say middle range are.

rlkats

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3tc356m9 said:
The Niners are enjoying their only winning seasons going back to 2003, they are still 6-4 and while appearing marginal as a playoff participant, they are a winning team which is a lot better than many other teams. I don't think Harbaugh is losing the team, but I do think Roman is predictable and uncreative. He needs to add some action to their offense, improve his playcalling skills and flipping get the damn play in. They STILL struggle with that.

On second thought, after initially thinking that the Niners should give Roman more time, forget that, fired that hack. He had all offseason to work on some of that stuff and made very minimal improvement if any.

I hate to say it but you make a a great point. I agree

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
They're going to win the next two games and be confident and looking to even the score at 8-4 with the Hawks coming to town. They're still a good team that just about stole a game against a team no one gave them a chance against. If they don't lose at the last second IN new orleans, we are having a different conversation today.

Latest posts