So, tell me about OUR team!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
FinNasty":3551g5uz said:
seahawkfreak":3551g5uz said:
FinNasty":3551g5uz said:
OkieHawk":3551g5uz said:
I'm going to ask since nobody else seems to want too, but if you were a "life long Dolphins fan", then why change? I'm guessing it's because we drafted Shaquem, but players come and go in today's NFL.

I'm not trying to be a dick (although ask anyone and they'll say that I am, and rightfully so), but I'm genuinely curious how someone can simply change their fandom so easily. Cheers!

Well, I haven't exactly disowned the Fins, lol. But, the teams are in separate conferences. Unfortunately, I don't know if I ever could completely cut the Fins out of my fandom (Its painful being a Fins fan, lol). That said, I am full blown Seahawks and will watch all of OUR games. If they're both playing at the same time, I'll make sure I can somewhere I can watch both.

Yes, it is b/c of Shaquem and the twins. Shaquem is my favorite player of all time, and I am really excited to see him play. The fact that you have both of the twins has me on board even more. I told myself and my friends that if you guys somehow wound up with the twins... I'd instantly be a Seahawks fan... and it happened, lol.

I am glad you are here. Only thing is do you leave us when one or both the Griffin brothers leave? Guessing you don't know yet but just know it is in our minds, well maybe just a couple. IMHO, we fans on this site respect the marriage to the Hawks and look down on fans that haul ass when you see a prettier girl next door.

Someone here was once a Vikings fan and then became a Seahawk fan because of a QB and an OC that came here from Minnesota. He still stayed here when the QB left but once the OC was fired he has not been here since.

Also, be wary of defending an individual player at all costs on here. If your guy plays bad, he just does, that is all there is to it. Most here like a good honest, fact based argument. No one is perfect (I sure as hell am not) and stuff can get pretty heated on here. The rules here keep it from getting personal. We have good Mods.

I'd say at least 90% of the posters here love Russell Wilson but when he plays bad he is called out. Sucks though when those other 10% take advantage of a bad game to progress their belief that he is not a good QB. Same with the diehards that defend RW at any cost like they are a political advocate for the player. You can have any opinion here but you get called out if it is absurd.

I came to this site for 10 yrs before I joined and started posting here. Love the tolerance here and also how one is corrected if your comments are off the wall. Kind of like an old school good parent.

Great you are here and stay one of us forever. Just my 2 cents and man do I like the Griffin brothers.

Lol well I hope you don’t lose too much sleep over the uncertainty of my fandom lol. Who knows man. I’ve always kinda liked the Seahawks (cool jerseys, fun team to watch, and zero impact on the Dolphins). But, I didn’t watch many of your games. Definitely hopping on board b/c of the Griffin’s, so I should be around a few years at least, lol.

Gotta start somewhere! After watching all the games for the next few years I’ll most likely develop a real attachment. Until then, I just need to get a handle on the current roster and who our players are lol.

You don't have to explain or defend your fandom, welcome and happy to have all UCF fans. How could they not follow the twins to Seattle. I love it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":njggvrzn said:
FinNasty":njggvrzn said:
seahawkfreak":njggvrzn said:
FinNasty":njggvrzn said:
Well, I haven't exactly disowned the Fins, lol. But, the teams are in separate conferences. Unfortunately, I don't know if I ever could completely cut the Fins out of my fandom (Its painful being a Fins fan, lol). That said, I am full blown Seahawks and will watch all of OUR games. If they're both playing at the same time, I'll make sure I can somewhere I can watch both.

Yes, it is b/c of Shaquem and the twins. Shaquem is my favorite player of all time, and I am really excited to see him play. The fact that you have both of the twins has me on board even more. I told myself and my friends that if you guys somehow wound up with the twins... I'd instantly be a Seahawks fan... and it happened, lol.

I am glad you are here. Only thing is do you leave us when one or both the Griffin brothers leave? Guessing you don't know yet but just know it is in our minds, well maybe just a couple. IMHO, we fans on this site respect the marriage to the Hawks and look down on fans that haul ass when you see a prettier girl next door.

Someone here was once a Vikings fan and then became a Seahawk fan because of a QB and an OC that came here from Minnesota. He still stayed here when the QB left but once the OC was fired he has not been here since.

Also, be wary of defending an individual player at all costs on here. If your guy plays bad, he just does, that is all there is to it. Most here like a good honest, fact based argument. No one is perfect (I sure as hell am not) and stuff can get pretty heated on here. The rules here keep it from getting personal. We have good Mods.

I'd say at least 90% of the posters here love Russell Wilson but when he plays bad he is called out. Sucks though when those other 10% take advantage of a bad game to progress their belief that he is not a good QB. Same with the diehards that defend RW at any cost like they are a political advocate for the player. You can have any opinion here but you get called out if it is absurd.

I came to this site for 10 yrs before I joined and started posting here. Love the tolerance here and also how one is corrected if your comments are off the wall. Kind of like an old school good parent.

Great you are here and stay one of us forever. Just my 2 cents and man do I like the Griffin brothers.

Lol well I hope you don’t lose too much sleep over the uncertainty of my fandom lol. Who knows man. I’ve always kinda liked the Seahawks (cool jerseys, fun team to watch, and zero impact on the Dolphins). But, I didn’t watch many of your games. Definitely hopping on board b/c of the Griffin’s, so I should be around a few years at least, lol.

Gotta start somewhere! After watching all the games for the next few years I’ll most likely develop a real attachment. Until then, I just need to get a handle on the current roster and who our players are lol.

You don't have to explain or defend your fandom, welcome and happy to have all UCF fans. How could they not follow the twins to Seattle. I love it.

Second sentence I agree with and the welcome UCF fans. This is a special club and if you are not all in (not including disagreements with the way the franchise is moving and FO decisions. These are arguments that one thinks the team should go,,,,,not a loyalty issue.) than yes explain your commitment.

Going from one team to another is very questionable to me and in some sense is makes me wonder why you still "kinda support your own team" but willing to wander off to something else that is cool. Personally, I would never do that to Seattle. I grew up with Penn State football and love Barkley. I will hope for his success but if it interfers with Seattle in any sense,,,,,sorry bro hit the bricks.

OP
OP
FinNasty

FinNasty

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":g2r3j0nb said:
Jimjones0384":g2r3j0nb said:
FinNasty":g2r3j0nb said:
seahawkfreak":g2r3j0nb said:

Second sentence I agree with and the welcome UCF fans. This is a special club and if you are not all in (not including disagreements with the way the franchise is moving and FO decisions. These are arguments that one thinks the team should go,,,,,not a loyalty issue.) than yes explain your commitment.

Going from one team to another is very questionable to me and in some sense is makes me wonder why you still "kinda support your own team" but willing to wander off to something else that is cool. Personally, I would never do that to Seattle. I grew up with Penn State football and love Barkley. I will hope for his success but if it interfers with Seattle in any sense,,,,,sorry bro hit the bricks.

Lol keeper of the fandom...

1) I was being a little facetious regarding the Fins. No matter how much I would want to break myself from the Fins (it sucks)... I don’t think I could. I’ve soaked in every highlight reel and draft review of everyone the Fins draft picks over the last week or so. It’s like a bad drug addiction. You know it’s bad but you can’t stop...

2) As big of a Fin fan I’ve been over the last 15 years or so... I’m an even bigger UCF fan.

3) I’m now a fan of both teams, the Fins and the Seahawks.

4) Don’t lose sleep over what teams I’m a fan of or really anyone else. Just enjoy your teams bro. You’ll have a better and more stress free life lol.