so this guy wanted to post stats against wilson

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
He's deliberately listing quantitative stats instead of qualitative ones. When our team is the #1 rushing offense in the NFL, the passing attack will take a back seat by necessity. It's a winning formula that has worked for decades in the NFL: a team should run to set up the pass.

Would you rather have a QB who throws for 8/8, 199 yds, and 3 TDs on 3rd downs over the course of a game (but is only 15 of 22), or a guy who throws for 31 of 45 and 334 yards, dominates the offensive thrust, but also tosses 2 INTs and doesn't win a playoff game? (RW vs. BR)

Mick063

Reaction score
Wilson is only in his third year and just beginning to quickly process what he sees.

The NFL chews up young quarterbacks and spits them out. Foles and Kaepernick are single season superstars that currently have their franchises wondering if they are still the answer.

Pete Carroll's answer on if Russell should have been in the pro bowl: "If they wanted to win".

How Father Time remembers quarterbacks.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Just tell him that he's right, Russell Wilson is an overrated QB who gets carried by the defense and the running game, and that Pete Carroll and John Schneider will be idiots if they make him the highest paid quarterback.

Seriously, I tell people like that to think whatever they want. They're going to do it anyway (I'm never going to convince them), so they may as well have my permission.

But I take joy in the knowledge that they have a steep learning curve ahead, and sometimes I wonder how they will come to terms with their team getting beat by a short underrated game-manager QB.

Uffda

Reaction score
Decent to good oline ? err.. think about this o line the past two year ... decent to good.

Any credibility was lost there.

AVL

Reaction score
Most of the height biased scab pickers have chosen other ways of expressing themselves.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Russell has some stats that aren't Superb! Ow! Love his balls anyways!

Go Hawks!

SC

Largent80

Reaction score
Ummm...All he has done is set the record for wins in his first 2 years and is still breaking his own record in his 3rd year.

Also, he was 8 for 8 on 3rd down conversions in the Carolina game with 3 of those TOUCHDOWNS.

12thbrah

Reaction score
I'm sure even Russell Wilson would tell you he doesn't care about stats. As mentioned before the only stat that matters is that Russell Wilson has the most wins in his first 3 seasons of any QB in NFL history.

Seahawks are a run first team and this offense will never generate huge passing numbers but when they need him to RW3 will step up his game. Just look at last Saturdays game against the Panthers for evidence. The running game was getting shutdown and so Russell Wilson was needed to move the chains and he did big time. No way someone like Dalton delivers in the kind of scenario.

jonkchar

Reaction score
I'm sure Luck is a very good qb, but anytime I watch him, his decision-making drives me insane. I ask often "why would you do that??"