So who is replacing Dan Quinn next year?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1lvtttnf said:
Buddy Ryan.

All the Ryan's should be available next year. Just rotate them in like wrestlers tag teaming each other.

White Devil

Reaction score
Mojambo":3m7yogtx said:
Doesn't really matter. It's Pete's defense. The DC is just a caretaker.

But it'll be more of a teacher/developer of talent than a scheme guy, IMHO.

This.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkerD":acrrlxev said:
If we get to SB49 maybe we can keep him. No way he gets to go before the game (sorry, you're under contract) and a lot of teams won't wait that long to fill the job. Hopefully they don't let him take the SF job.

Yeah the SF media is already calling for Quinn to be the next HC. I was surprised when I first started hearing it.

Strange, since wouldn't they want Fangio to get a shot since their D has been so good?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":az16fn9x said:
Our Man in Chicago":az16fn9x said:
Buddy Ryan.

All the Ryan's should be available next year. Just rotate them in like wrestlers tag teaming each other.

Oh, my god - that's BR's theme! #Four6Mafia

Jack swagger reaction

1178292_o.gif

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I dunno; do teams take a shot on Quinn after seeing what happened with Nick Holt and Gus Bradley after leaving Carroll?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Doesn't matter....they will be Pete's puppet. This is his defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":w196nl06 said:
I dunno; do teams take a shot on Quinn after seeing what happened with Nick Holt and Gus Bradley after leaving Carroll?

I think so, maybe not first choice but definitely on team's radars as they're going through the hiring process.

Carroll is so white hot right now, just to get someone to even capture 50% of what Carroll does in practice, personality wise and defensive scheming is attractive..........especially to a big college program, which I could see Quinn getting serious consideration for.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6ozisf88 said:
enamel":6ozisf88 said:
With any luck, Gus Bradley.

Pete would certainly welcome Gus back, but I don't see Gus getting fired.

The Jags have 99 problems, but Gus ain't one.........and I think the owner knows that. The Jags seem like a franchise just hanging around the NFL playground waiting for Goodell to tell them where they're being relocated to.

Gus is actually doing a good job

No starter on offense for Jacksonville has more than 2 years experience in the NFL.

And defensively they've been alright at times this year.

Thats a massive rebuilding project.

Largent80

Reaction score
We could hire Fritz Shurmer and get the same results. It's the players getting it done, not Quinn.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Why can't Seattle groom Quinn to takeover Carroll in a few years time? Pete is 63, he won't be coaching forever.

Just pay him well until then with an understanding the job is his when Pete steps down. I can't imagine a better situation.

Or he can bolt to the Redskins or Raiders and then most likely be out of work in 2 years time....

CPHawk

Reaction score
Why not the DB coach Kris Richard? He will soon be a DC someplace, why not here?

Smellyman

Reaction score
doesn't matter. Pete is the defacto D coordinator. He will hire somebody who runs his kind of D and he will have LOTS of input.

He was the same way at SC too. He is the D, he made Nick Holt look good for Pete's sake

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smellyman":xoa6yzmc said:
doesn't matter. Pete is the defacto D coordinator. He will hire somebody who runs his kind of D and he will have LOTS of input.

He was the same way at SC too. He is the D, he made Nick Holt look good for Pete's sake

Bingo.

Pete might be the most underrated defensive coordinator of all time. He gets mad props for his style of "always compete", how he practices, relates to his players, positivity, etc. But people forget the dude's a defensive genius.

So if Quinn leaves? Then it won't be some huge splashy name like Rex Ryan. Pete's in control of this team's coaching staff from top to bottom, and whoever comes in will be someone he can control and work with seamlessly.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
For those saying Norton, I don't buy it. He's been with Pete since 2004. If he wanted it, or was even capable, I would think the job would have been his after Gus left.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Head coaching is a lot more than just X's and O's on one side of the football. There are tons of great coordinators who have proven to be terrible head coaches, and Bradley was picked as much for his leadership as for his defensive background. It's tough to interview when your team goes deep into the playoffs and even Quinn's college stint was just as a defensive coordinator.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Personally , I would never leave such a great situation no matter the money.

Plus coordinator seems like a better gig then being the head coach