So who is the starting Nose Tackle?

Jville

Reaction score
Good analysis, and sure am onboard for a more productive Poona. He could be getting double team as he was the only one other team had to account for? If that is the case, Al Wood's breaking out could be result of Poona getting double teamed.

Love the physicality of Al Woods. He really projects the physical attitude the coaching staff loves. A true nose tackle regardless of whether he shades to one side or the other or sets up head on. Looking forward to seeing some more miss handled snaps on the other side of the line again this year. That's always exciting.

toffee

Reaction score
Love the physicality of Al Woods. He really projects the physical attitude the coaching staff loves. A true nose tackle regardless of whether he shades to one side or the other or sets up head on. Looking forward to seeing some more miss handled snaps on the other side of the line again this year. That's always exciting.
Love Al, he has the size, listed at 6'4" and 330. Quite sure that he is bigger now after in the league for 11 years, I suspect he could be 350? I think Al is the starting NT unless we draft a NT.

Own The West

Reaction score
Poona has been our starting NT since his 2nd year. He has been particularly stout in the run game and has improved his pass rush every year he's been here. I'm not sure why there is any question whether he'll be our starter again this year.

Mone is Ford's backup.

Woods is 35 and will back up Jefferson (who is 29). He's not going to start.