Sokoli

xgeoff

Reaction score
I love his athleticism, but I disagree with you about his strength. He got pushed around in a few games. Needs to get stronger, but he does have potential if he can up his physicality.

netskier

Reaction score
I think that Sokoli can leap frog Gilliam and play left tackle next year. I expect Gilliam to continue to play well, and to improve rapidly, but Sokoli to do even better.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
xgeoff":wn12xzia said:
I love his athleticism, but I disagree with you about his strength. He got pushed around in a few games. Needs to get stronger, but he does have potential if he can up his physicality.

Sometimes, it is not "strength" that improves over time.....it is technique.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3100rm45 said:
xgeoff":3100rm45 said:

Sometimes, it is not "strength" that improves over time.....it is technique.

Yup, dude had 31 bench press reps at the combine . . . he is a physical freak who needs to develop technique and discipline while on the practice squad.

Right now, he plays the position like Frankenstein's monster, swinging his arms wildly and knocking down everything in sight.

Chawker

Reaction score
That second play, it was the back (Smith) who missed his assignment, you block the blitz from the inside out. ALWAYS!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Interesting, the most notable thing to me out of all that was seeing CMike make yet another really nice block in pass-pro and then circle out and be open. Archer, running for his life, doesn't see him.

This little play is an argument for keeping CMike and the progress he's making.

Sokoli looks very interesting too, but I defer to the OL experts on all the reads and technique stuff that is unique to that position group.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sounds like the Hawks are going to just make him inactive all year, but that still has to be really exciting for him to make the team.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/640252441540165633[/tweet]

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":30qqs8tg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TesslerSports/status/640250556796133376[/tweet]

I had this as a 50-50 call.

I think they didn't want to risk losing such a talented physical prospect, though I don't think he's ready to play much this year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Darn, I already chose Frank Clark as my adopt-a-rookie.
Gotta love Sokoli's ability and effort to make the team.
I expect we will see him dress and play some at G within the first month of the season. I get the vibe they're grooming him, longer term, looking at Tackle, as well as at Center. I just think they really like this kid and want to get him coached up and ready to play, sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Very happy to see this man make the team. I was very impressed with his play. It won't be long until this man is starting and dominating.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2s2idb6z said:
This guy is going to be a stud. He is so fast, very strong and his form is sooooooo much better then when they trotted him out against Denver. I can see why Cable mentioned him as a stand out. He is going to push Britt for that starting left guard spot all year. He really showed some power tonight and his footwork on pass blocking is night and day from where he started. He played well and at a really high level last night except for one holding penalty. Britt has better be on his P's and Q's because this man is going to seriously push him.

Although he improved vastly in the last PRE-SEASON game, he's pretty far from 'pushing Britt.' He still has a lot to figure out as a D-line convert, and only experience will solve that. Love his upside though. He's easily the most physically gifted guy on the OL, and has the requisite grey matter. Never know, he still projects well as a Center, so maybe playing him at Guard for awhile just helps him acclimate to playing on the other side of the ball. Seems like he's so gifted physically and mentally that Guard might eventually be a waste of his ability.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2015":bmct90qw said:
Yoonhawk":bmct90qw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TesslerSports/status/640250556796133376[/tweet]

I had this as a 50-50 call.

I think they didn't want to risk losing such a talented physical prospect, though I don't think he's ready to play much this year.

Yeah, he's still got some basic things to nail down. I see he's got habit of dropping his head while engaged with a defender. He needs to overcome that habit, and I'm sure he's still adjusting to many things on the 'other side' of the ball. A lot more thinking involved -so may details- but I suspect he's well-equipped to make the adjustments.

netskier

Reaction score
I still predict he ends up at left tackle. Left guard is to train him about the left side concepts.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think he's more physically suited to being a C or G as he lacks the length preferable to be a T. Happy he got kept as he was showing significant improvement game on game in the preseason.

If he continues to improve he could be really good interior OLineman.

You could be right but my thinking is the team would like to see him get it as a C and coaching him up to do that will take a bit as playing C is tough and more cerebral than being a DT.

titan3131

Reaction score
It takes years and an ideal body type to make a probowl LT.

Sokoli will not be a lt. Gilliam is the Lt of the future if we don't keep okung.

If sokoli was groomed for tackle he would learn that position from the beginning, linemen to outside to inside not the other way around.

crosfam

Reaction score
titan3131":y3nvs1pa said:
It takes years and an ideal body type to make a probowl LT.

Sokoli will not be a lt. Gilliam is the Lt of the future if we don't keep okung.

If Sokoli was groomed for tackle he would learn that position from the beginning, linemen to outside to inside not the other way around.

I agree. Maybe he could develop into a future RT if/when Gilliam moves over. I think Gilliam looks the part of a true LT, long arms, good hands, strong, nimble of foot. Of course, if Okung leaves, I a sure we draft a true LT/RT prospect on day one or two of the draft.

netskier

Reaction score
A superior athlete can beat a lesser athlete who has a superior athlete. For example, Bruce Lee stated to Talk Kimura who told me that he thought he could beat Cassius Clay six or seven times out of ten, but definitely not yen out of ten.

I conjecture that Sokoli could be taught to be a superior LT. However, I would be shocked if they did it.

netskier

Reaction score
@has a superior body type.

@stated to Taki......

@definitely not ten....