Some nice stats to look at

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
No, stats don't tell everything, but they do point out a few nice things to discuss.

Offense

#8 in the league at 26.1 pts per game.
#11 in the league at 40.1 % 3rd down conversions made
#6 in the league at 61.1% 4th down conversions made
#2 in the league in total rushing yards - 11 yards behind the leader, Washington Redskins

Defense

#1 in the league in scoring defense at 15.5/gm (we dropped SF to #3, btw at 17.3)
#4 in the league in yards per game at 304.5/gm
#2 in the league at 4th down conversions at only 25.0%
#4 in the league in TOP, at 28:29
#5 in the league in Passing defense at 199.9/yards gm
#2 in the league in fewest Passing TD's given up at 14 on the season (Less than 1 per game)
#11 in the league in Rushing Defense at 104.7/yards gm.
#5 in the league in Rushing TD's given up at 8 on the season.

Wow.... great stuff. And even with our lowest ranking on defense being our Rushing yards per game, teams barely crack 100 yards per game on us.

CFraychineaud

Reaction score
Anyone remember that poll series that was supposedly overrun with seahawks fans for the best defense for 2012 season? Where we ended up as the #1 defense but the site had all their editors saying it was rigged and should have gone to 49ers, Stealers, or Texans? Would be interesting to see them have to recant on some of that.

Deixis

Reaction score
As long as we keep winning, stats like those are sweet to look at!

Also, how did we hit a 61.1 % 4th down conversion rate? Have we really gone for it on 4th often enough for that? - mathematically speaking, I mean.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look this up in order to validate my hunch, but I have a suspicion a couple of Pete's USC teams shared similar numbers. Great thread topic, thanks for providing the labor!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
#2 in the league in fewest Passing TD's given up at 14 on the season (Less than 1 per game) - playing guys like Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, and we're still giving up less than a touchdown a game? That's pretty damn impressive!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":20kzm0ib said:
#2 in the league in fewest Passing TD's given up at 14 on the season (Less than 1 per game) - playing guys like Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford, Adrian Peterson, Aaron Rodgers, and we're still giving up less than a touchdown a game? That's pretty damn impressive!

Absolutely. This TEAM is playing so well as a unit, that the stats, so mind-boggling, are getting lost in the festivities. I was telling my pops this morning that what I like best about what we are seeing, is that no one player is just jumping out (ala Brady) to carry this team on his own. Yes, RW is the point guard and losing him would be very hard to contend with, but I just have a feeling the loss of any single component wouldn't send us into a downward spiral. Must suck to be the rest of the league. They see this too. That along with our youth has got to be a nitemare for the the opposition. Watch for opposing players and coaches to start retiring soon . LOL....I know there's a few Niners so sore and/or exahausted today, they must be questioning how much longer they want to do this. ;)

SE174

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":qe9lgwiz said:

Adrian Peterson doesn't throw TDs, and rarely catches them. The rest of your point stands.

grizrgood

Reaction score
Interesting stats Jazz, thanks!

Our team looks really strong in pretty much every aspect right now. I think what they are saying is correct! Nobody wants to play us right now!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SE174":369cls5c said:
Seahawk Sailor":369cls5c said:

Adrian Peterson doesn't throw TDs, and rarely catches them. The rest of your point stands.

Yea, I was thinking overall touchdowns. Heh. He does get them in position to score, though. And I could have thrown in Tony Romo and Cam Newton to the mix.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
...and if we had a pass rush in the base set, we would easily be #1 against the pass.