Some of you who blamed Sherman for the dustup.....

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
may want to apologize.

LANDOVER, Md. — Washington offensive tackle Trent Williams was still wearing his helmet when he confronted Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman on the field after the game.

"He came up and tapped me, 'What's up now?' " Sherman said.

Sherman said he informed him the game was over, and Williams responded by threatening to swing at him, hitting Sherman with an open hand.

"A little push to the face," Sherman said. "Nothing crazy."

Sherman — whose helmet was off at the time — waved at Williams as the two were separated.

"It's just a dirty move by Trent Williams, that's all it was," Sherman said. "I could understand why he's frustrated. It's the end of their season. They played a solid game, but (that was) just a cheap shot."

Williams said afterward he was out of line.

"Just high emotions, man," Williams said in comments distributed after the game. "I let them get the best of me. It's nobody's fault but mine. I've got to calm down a little bit."

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2020075702_seahawknotes07.html

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Can we drop this drama, already? It was a tough game, and both teams put their hearts into it -- let's drop it.

Focus on the Falcons now!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I just don't believe this story, I mean Sherman is the dirtiest cheater ever. Ask any Redskin fan, they'll back me up.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":1vxudk83 said:
Can we drop this drama, already? It was a tough game, and both teams put their hearts into it -- let's drop it.

Focus on the Falcons now!
Huh? The record is getting set straight. Put on your big boy pants Francis

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think its funny when I read that other teams' fans think the Seahawks are dirty.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Always be quick to forgive. He fessed, which is great for us. You know if he never said anything we would be hearing about this for years.

drastik

Reaction score
Thats partly what happened..

The local news here in Maryland showed the 3rd person view of the altercation with audio.. of course the cuss words were bleeped out.

Trent came up to Sherman and said something that you couldn't hear

Sherman said: "Well, what you gonna do about it now?"

Trent: "I'll slap the sh** out of you"

Sherman: "Well gon and do it then dogg.."

*slap*

Still Trent's fault.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drastik":3b8t6u6d said:
Thats partly what happened..

The local news here in Maryland showed the 3rd person view of the altercation with audio.. of course the cuss words were bleeped out.

Trent came up to Sherman and said something that you couldn't hear

Sherman said: "Well, what you gonna do about it now?"

Trent: "I'll slap the sh** out of you"

Sherman: "Well gon and do it then dogg.."

*slap*

Still Trent's fault.
Partly? How is that any different than what Sherman said?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":14r99ysy said:
Always amazes me how many hawk fans jump to the conclusion that it MUST be Sherman who starts everything... he does have a magnetic personality though... :p

I never jumped to the conclusion it was Sherman starting the drama. I had a feeling it was Williams, and was waiting to hear.

drastik

Reaction score
The article read like this:

Sherman: "Hey, the game is over... sorry"

*slap*

Sherman did instigate a little further immediately before the slap.

That's NOT excusing Trent at all.

Trent had NO BUSINESS approaching Sherman and Trent had no business putting his hands on him.

Like I said, Trent is 100% at fault... but Sherman definitely did instigate this. Albeit after Trent sought him out following the game.

Bottom line, no matter what Sherman did or said, Trent is 100% at fault. He's got to control his emotions better. Yet, I don't blame him for what he did. I know I probably would have done the same thing, and I don't know too many people who wouldnt. Like I said in the other Trent Williams thread, you've got to realize the stage you're on and keep your emotions in check. Trent failed to do that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There is so much Sherman hate on the extremeforeskins.com forum, it's ridiculous.

Ridiculously awesome, that is.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drastik":1rxdxlyp said:
The article read like this:

Sherman: "Hey, the game is over... sorry"

*slap*

Sherman did instigate a little further immediately before the slap.

That's NOT excusing Trent at all.

Trent had NO BUSINESS approaching Sherman and Trent had no business putting his hands on him.

Like I said, Trent is 100% at fault... but Sherman definitely did instigate this. Albeit after Trent sought him out following the game.

Bottom line, no matter what Sherman did or said, Trent is 100% at fault. He's got to control his emotions better. Yet, I don't blame him for what he did. I know I probably would have done the same thing, and I don't know too many people who wouldnt. Like I said in the other Trent Williams thread, you've got to realize the stage you're on and keep your emotions in check. Trent failed to do that.
Just admit, as a professional, nothing anybody else says warrents a slap. As much as you want to defend your players actions, he's wrong, and thats it

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I am sure sherman was running his mouth the entire game and it just finally boiled over.

Sherman really gets in those guys heads.

drastik

Reaction score
I agree, and I've maintained that Trent is wrong and at fault the entire time.

My only point is that I can't personally blame Trent. Because I know I would have done the same thing.

I don't know you personally, but I'd put my money on you reacting in a similar matter as well, it's human nature.

We're lucky Trent didn't react like how LeGarrette Blount did when that poor guy from Boise State talked smack to him after their game a few years ago.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sherman is Gary Payton from 1995 in a Seahawks uniform. I swear it. <<<<LOVE>>>>

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Does anyone remember at the beginning of the game, there was scuffle, and it looked like Williams going after Sherman?

Seems Sherman was in a lot of those Redskins heads when the game started.