Some of you who blamed Sherman for the dustup.....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3c6ww3d5 said:
I am sure sherman was running his mouth the entire game and it just finally boiled over.

Sherman really gets in those guys heads.

And you have the tenacity to complain about his mouth! ;)

Starrman44

Reaction score
drastik":37drdpro said:
Like I said, Trent is 100% at fault... but Sherman definitely did instigate this. Albeit after Trent sought him out following the game.

Seems like a contradictory statement to me. I really don't care what Sherman said or did during the game.

Sherman saying, Go on and do it (or whatever directly before the slap) isn't instigating. As a man you don't have to back down and cry and beg. My older brother used to threaten me and I would tell him much the same as Richard did. Just because you are bigger don't mean I'm scared.

That was bush league. Props to Trent for coming out and acknowledging what he did.

Foghawk

Reaction score
People can say whatever they would like about Sherm but I have never seen him lose his cool.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3l31wyxz said:
Tech Worlds":3l31wyxz said:
I am sure sherman was running his mouth the entire game and it just finally boiled over.

Sherman really gets in those guys heads.

And you have the tenacity to complain about his mouth! ;)

Yeh. I don't feel he needs to smack talk via Twitter every day. But that's just me.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, let me get this straight: Williams approached Sherman, probably talked some smack. At this point, he's instigating. Sherman doesn't back down, in front of his peers. So, that's instigating ?

This game is played by mostly alpha males. If you back down in front of our team mates, you're a pussy. Add to that this Seattle team is physcial and hasn't backed down all year. If you can't understand how this works, then maybe you should be watching Tennis or Golf. Maybe the Lifetime channel is for you.

If someone comes to me, and invades my space and threatens me, I understand that backing down and acting submissive will only further aggression towards me, to someone who is looking to validate his manhood by dominating another man.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3cay5ppk said:
Yeh. I don't feel he needs to smack talk via Twitter every day. But that's just me.

Maybe he's a method actor/player. Has to keep his mouth running through the week to ensure it's in top shape on the field. At this point, I'd say there's tangible evidence that his mouth actually helps the team on the field, a bit.

Jase

Reaction score
Aros":3ecn9mha said:
Sherman is Gary Payton from 1995 in a Seahawks uniform. I swear it. <<<<LOVE>>>>

This made me laugh. I said the same thing to my mother and my brothers during the game. Big Love to Sherm!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
oSherman doesn't lose his cool. He doesn't hurt the team. He talks crap like 90% of this league. Difference is is he's a nerd that embraces social networking and uses it to his advantage. Ive never known a player to get inside someone's head that far ahead of a game. Sherman does that though...but he's never reckless. He's cold and calculated...intelligent as much as most don't want to admit it. No matter how you slice it, Williams is at fault and nobody else

drastik

Reaction score
Hawks46":18nwb6og said:
So, let me get this straight: Williams approached Sherman, probably talked some smack. At this point, he's instigating. Sherman doesn't back down, in front of his peers. So, that's instigating ?

This game is played by mostly alpha males. If you back down in front of our team mates, you're a pussy. Add to that this Seattle team is physcial and hasn't backed down all year. If you can't understand how this works, then maybe you should be watching Tennis or Golf. Maybe the Lifetime channel is for you.

If someone comes to me, and invades my space and threatens me, I understand that backing down and acting submissive will only further aggression towards me, to someone who is looking to validate his manhood by dominating another man.
I feel like if I talk about this anymore it's going to come off like I'm excusing Trent's actions, which I don't want to do.

I tried to find the clip they showed on TV, but I can't find it anywhere online. Fox news showed it here in Maryland. I'm sure it will pop up online sometime soon.

Trent had no business confronting Sherman after the game, Trent acted off emotions and it was just plain stupid. So on that front Trent definitely is the instigator.

However, in the video you can hear Sherman saying "what you gonna do about it" and after trent responded sherman said "well go ahead and do it then"...

It's kind of like, the instigator became the instigated... not sure if that makes sense... but oh well... LOL.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drastik":2u800y35 said:
Hawks46":2u800y35 said:

I feel like if I talk about this anymore it's going to come off like I'm excusing Trent's actions, which I don't want to do.

I tried to find the clip they showed on TV, but I can't find it anywhere online. Fox news showed it here in Maryland. I'm sure it will pop up online sometime soon.

Trent had no business confronting Sherman after the game, Trent acted off emotions and it was just plain stupid. So on that front Trent definitely is the instigator.

However, in the video you can hear Sherman saying "what you gonna do about it" and after trent responded sherman said "well go ahead and do it then"...

It's kind of like, the instigator became the instigated... not sure if that makes sense... but oh well... LOL.
Quit making excuses man...that's like someone coming up to you and saying "I'll knock you out" and you say "go ahead then". He engaged Sherman from the get-go...don't be a sore loser like your man. You're better than that.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
drastik":3lyoefd7 said:
400WattHPSHawk":3lyoefd7 said:
but Sherman definitely did instigate this. Albeit after Trent sought him out following the game.
<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">Oxy-Moron much?
<BR nodeIndex="3">Lol, good one.

Trent definitely is the instigator.

:34853_doh: Quit it! You're just crackin' me up now :lol:

You would soo suck in the witness chair.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":gf0vvrdm said:
Does anyone remember at the beginning of the game, there was scuffle, and it looked like Williams going after Sherman?

Seems Sherman was in a lot of those Redskins heads when the game started.
Turnabout is fair play. That was exactly the Redskins' gameplan when they came to Seattle last year. They were successful at it, too.

Jase

Reaction score
Anyone who does not admire and respect RG3 is just clueless.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've never met a Seahawk that doesn't respect RG3. I'll never wish injury on another player not name Ben Rapistburger. He's the real deal, and a true competitor. I just feel bad he doesn't have a coaching staff that doesn't have his best interests at heart. He would be a top 10 QB anywhere else, for 10+ years, but like RB's, I feel like Shanahan will ride him for several years until he's done.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Jase":bn48j6c9 said:
Anyone who does not admire and respect RG3 is just clueless.

I respect him, but i do not admire him. I also emphatically reject your definition of "clueless."

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I admire and respect RG3, but I also am starting to think maybe he's a little.....lacking in common sense. I don't mean to insult him, but it seems like he clearly lied to Shanahan to stay in the game, (Shanahan was also stupid as hell to keep him in when every person on Earth could see he should have been pulled, though) and he has been making risky runs all year. A headlong dive got him the injury that was re-aggravated tonight on a play where he was already past the 1st down marker, if I recall correctly. The dude needs to understand that he's the franchise QB. You have to be smarter than to do EVERYTHING YOU CAN on the field. There has to be a balance. If you come up short of a 1st down because you didn't go balls-to-the-wall on a run, it's alright. You serve your team far better staying healthy.

Atradees

Reaction score
Then Sherman took his own shot at the crowd at FedEx Field. "They have more people (than Seattle’s stadium)," he said, "but they don't make enough noise." Uh oh. -CBS Sports.

Richard "Chatty Kathy" Sherman