Some Optimism

W

Welshers

My first post here, but I've been a lurker since 2012.

Win or lose GO HAWKS. A lot of understandable negativity here, but a lifelong like me remembers years of being bad. I'm just happy to be in the playoffs and have a team so successful over the past 10 years. EVERYONE is counting us out against SF just like our trip there earlier in the year. Let's hope Minny beats GB tonight and we can shock SF for a first round bye on Sunday to get our guys some more rest.

GO HAWKS BABY

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Losing our starting 3 running backs is stunning, but we're still playing for the 2 seed on Sunday. The playoffs start Sunday.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great first post. Agreed brother, A TON to be happy about if you are a Seahawks fan! I remember the 90's all too well. These are the Golden Years.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
1 - Our playoff games should now be away games. That is actually a plus. We are only .500 at home this year. And we seem to be clearly less effective in the rain. We have a much better chance in the playoffs on the road than we do at home. Not great news in terms of me being able to seem them in the playoffs again live, but maybe great in terms of us being able to see them win playoff games.

2 - Our gameplan might end up more on Wilson's shoulders. Since Wilson is our best player, this isn't bad news. I was worried Pete Ball would follow us to the playoffs, but without a run game - hopefully, Pete will see he is going to have to leave Pete Ball behind.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For sure we're all focusing on the negative things going on now, and rightly so..........this team was 11-3 and had a chance to secure the #1 seed.

That's a BIG deal.

But the reality is most of our expectations when the season started was around what we did last year. 10-6, fighting for a WC spot, etc.

So yeah, glad this team overachieved for the talent level and shortcomings of our playcalling and schemes. But damn man, when you got a shot at going all the way this late in the season, it's hard to stomach this sort of a collapse.

And I sure as heck can't be optimistic about our chances Sunday or in the playoffs. But yes, being a life long Hawks fan watching moving vans taking my team to California, and suffering through 2-14 seasons, it's not lost on me that we're still in the middle of the greatest successful run in franchise history.

seahawks-in-qc

Reaction score
honestly, been here for awhile but rarely post. The negativity that comes out after a bad game is stunning. Was not here before the Hasselbeck era (born in 92) but gosh I still remember the slump that we did had with Mora, Tarvaris Jackson and clipboard jesus. I can't understand the negativity after yesterday's loss like we have to do a firesale. Worst could happen we get kick out in the first round after our 2nd "rebuild year".

Some teams can not even make the playoffs year after year and we are complaining after having a 11-4 start and still going to the playoffs.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I believe a lot of 'fans' here would love for Mora to come back......just think of all the whining they could do. :mrgreen:

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year and yet we've already won 11 games! I'm just happy we're going to the playoffs and still have a chance at another ring.

Go 'Hawks!!!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Welshers":1p59pexl said:
My first post here, but I've been a lurker since 2012.

Win or lose GO HAWKS. A lot of understandable negativity here, but a lifelong like me remembers years of being bad. I'm just happy to be in the playoffs and have a team so successful over the past 10 years. EVERYONE is counting us out against SF just like our trip there earlier in the year. Let's hope Minny beats GB tonight and we can shock SF for a first round bye on Sunday to get our guys some more rest.

GO HAWKS BABY

Rat

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2odd6f9x said:
I believe a lot of 'fans' here would love for Mora to come back......just think of all the whining they could do. :mrgreen:

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year and yet we've already won 11 games! I'm just happy we're going to the playoffs and still have a chance at another ring.

Go 'Hawks!!!
Yeah, we gave huge new contracts to our vet QB and MLB in the offseason, coming off a playoff season, but it was supposed to be a "rebuilding year".

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1gqzpx25 said:
1 - Our playoff games should now be away games. That is actually a plus. We are only .500 at home this year. And we seem to be clearly less effective in the rain. We have a much better chance in the playoffs on the road than we do at home. Not great news in terms of me being able to seem them in the playoffs again live, but maybe great in terms of us being able to see them win playoff games.

2 - Our gameplan might end up more on Wilson's shoulders. Since Wilson is our best player, this isn't bad news. I was worried Pete Ball would follow us to the playoffs, but without a run game - hopefully, Pete will see he is going to have to leave Pete Ball behind.

Disagree. Our away game success this year is more due to the competition and their injuries. Playoff road games will be harder. I'd much rather play at home in the rain than in Green Bay on the snow and ice.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Rat":3sauiff2 said:
LymonHawk":3sauiff2 said:

Go 'Hawks!!!
Yeah, we gave huge new contracts to our vet QB and MLB in the offseason, coming off a playoff season, but it was supposed to be a "rebuilding year".

Hey Rat! It's been awhile. Are you still in the hospitality biz?

Just because we re-signed two vets does not make up for the many new/newer guys starting on D and O. YMMV

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2kc54dpg said:

That's not being realistic, in the trenches, we need the combination of BOTH the Run Game & WILSON to be successful.

justafan

Reaction score
Rat":f5joflkl said:
LymonHawk":f5joflkl said:

Go 'Hawks!!!

Most teams become bottom feeders for years,some for decades. They load up on top draft picks and play good a couple of years then back to the bottom. I will take playoffs during the rebuild but I think many would prefer the Dolphins style of tanking, dumping high end players and go from there.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'll be the first to bring up how the defense has been dragging this team down most of the season. They give up insane amounts of points, and there's been some talent gaps. Diggs helped a lot. But injuries on top of not being stellar in the first place should temper anybody's super high expectations.

But man have we been spoiled for many years now and even this season. There's certainly things to want to see improved, but if you're just throwing away the rest of the season because you're focused on how something isn't good enough at this point I think you should re-evaluate.

A lot of bad things could happen to the team before and during next year. People just falling off, career ending injuries, who knows. And I'm always aware that I might just eat it one day and not be here for the next; I'm not old but I've seen enough to know better.

I've posted this for the last few years on this board: if you're not getting any enjoyment whatsoever from watching this football team unless they're blowing other teams out and winning a Super Bowl, you probably need to think about whether you should be watching it.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3ugl8jj8 said:
I'll be the first to bring up how the defense has been dragging this team down most of the season. They give up insane amounts of points, and there's been some talent gaps. Diggs helped a lot. But injuries on top of not being stellar in the first place should temper anybody's super high expectations.

But man have we been spoiled for many years now and even this season. There's certainly things to want to see improved, but if you're just throwing away the rest of the season because you're focused on how something isn't good enough at this point I think you should re-evaluate.

A lot of bad things could happen to the team before and during next year. People just falling off, career ending injuries, who knows. And I'm always aware that I might just eat it one day and not be here for the next; I'm not old but I've seen enough to know better.

I've posted this for the last few years on this board: if you're not getting any enjoyment whatsoever from watching this football team unless they're blowing other teams out and winning a Super Bowl, you probably need to think about whether you should be watching it.
I don't think people really understand how this whole sports competition thing works. I don't think they realize how much you need good fortune to be on your side to the win a SB even if you have the best team on paper. Those fans never seem to acknowledge that you have to PLAY games against other teams that all have pretty much the same talent as you have. You can't control half of the things that happen during a game or a season and even if you handle the things in your control perfectly, you still might lose.

Latest posts