Somethings wrong. Not excited for Seahawks football season

rcaido

Reaction score
Laloosh":29t7khep said:
SeaTown81":29t7khep said:
Some of you guys need a 1992 refresher course.

This should get 'em pumped!

[youtube]3UCyaTRElDQ[/youtube]

I was depressed, now im pumped! Thanks for the vid! Go Hawks

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm still as excited as ever, but:

I can understand if the emotional investment feels a little different. In all drama, you are ultimately rooting for characters. Regional allegiances are gateway into specific people and an easy shorthand, but it's the specific personalities that really take it to the next level. For most of its existence, the team has always been perceived as group of scrappy upstarts or under-appreciated weekend warriors in "South Alaska." The brash and/or workmanlike personalities of a lot of popular Seahawks (past and present) complimented this perception. This is really the first time in franchise history where a lot of our guys have been put in the spotlight and forced to adopt a more endorsement-friendly personality for the public. Nowadays, the only time they aren't riddling off politically-correct/prepackaged media statements, it's when they're upset with their contract. The Seahawks, as a perceivable amalgamation of characters, is different thing now than it was at any time prior to 2013. They are no longer the underdog; they are the "Man." You're rooting for Apollo Creed now, not Rocky.

Also, when was the last time an upstart team became a Super Bowl favorite and then actually won it almost immediately when they were expected to? That's a rare thing. As Rain City Redemption showed, we had the beginning, middle, and end of a movie play out before our eyes in a few short years under PC/JS. I guess anything that comes after the climax (2013 Super Bowl) can start feeling like the last 30 minutes of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King ("how many times can this movie end?").

That being said, if you're into pure football, there's a lot to be excited about. The Seahawks are currently the Vegas favorite for the Super Bowl, which means you can expect to see a quality product, and they also just loaded up with some really cool new talent. Imagine if you were rooting for the 49ers this offseason. That product is probably going to be terrible, and there's little to be excited about. My excitement for Seahawks football goes beyond wins/losses or the continued success of our newly established millionaires. It's about the new kids we bring in and the continued evolution of the team's football strategy. I won't be heartbroken if we don't win the Super Bowl (in fact, I don't expect it), but week-to-week, I still find there's a lot to be absorbed in and excited by -- new emerging players and good football, namely.

chris98251

Reaction score
Excited versus interested and anticipation of the real season I think are different.

kearly

Reaction score
I think a lot of it stems from the preseason too. In two games Seattle has led just one touchdown drive on offense, and that was RJ Archer throwing a bajillion straight screens to his RBs to get a cheapy against Denver's 4th stringers. Seattle's passing and rushing numbers have been mostly awful, even among the starting group. It's not that Seattle lost the games, it's HOW they lost them that is inflaming concerns we've harbored all Summer.

Being in a position where every regular season loss hurts so badly, it's hard to feel the same excitement as previous years with so many concerns hanging over our heads. The preseason was a chance to assure us, but so far it has done the opposite. That doesn't mean the Seahawks are screwed, but it's hard to be as jacked as before with those concerns hanging around in the back of our minds.

If the starting offense looks unstoppable in the last two preseason games, I guarantee this place would be as jacked as ever for week one.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think you're right in a lot of cases, but I think in JSea's case, he's never going to be as excited again as he was in past years. That boyhood crush is over. He's got a grown man relationship with pro football now. The only way he'll act like a little kid and live and die with the team is if there is a player or coach from U of O.

nrayorr

Reaction score
OK, I'm just gonna say it here:

Did I like The Play? Heck no

Have I watched a replay of SB 49? Heck no

Will I watch a replay? I'm not sure

What concerns me for this season: The O-line, but to tell you the truth I have been concerned with the line ever since Steve and Walter left.

Am I concerned that the line will not get better? Heck no

Am I worried that we will not have a good season this year? Heck no

Am I worried that we will not make it to the playoffs? Heck no

Am I worried that we will not make it to SB 50? Heck no

Do I think that we will have a good year, make the playoffs, go to SB 50 and most of all win it? HECK YES!!

#micdrop

Rob12

Reaction score
From the last play of 2014 to now has been a labor of love.

It's been rough. Kam has really put a damper on the season. I'm trying hard not to rail against him too hard, but his absence has really hit me hard and in all the wrong places.

I'll be excited when the real games start.

justafan

Reaction score
I guess having trouble relating to the "dark clouds".Its not like we have been riddled with season ending injuries or had the team gutted by FA.

The only really bad thing is that Kam has held out.He hasnt missed a regular game yet.
The last time I remember seeing an important player hold out was Galloway.We started better without him than with him.Galloway was a trade the way I remember it.

I think overall its been a pretty good offseason other than Kam and the team will play well with or without him.

The big difference for me is most of other seasons started with hope just to make the playoffs.Looking at the schedule trying to find enough wins that might get us in,even a WC was a successful season.
Now its all about expectations,I have the feeling anything other than a SB win will be a wasted season for most fans,much like last season was.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ebkzph8 said:
I'm still as excited as ever, but:

I can understand if the emotional investment feels a little different. In all drama, you are ultimately rooting for characters. Regional allegiances are gateway into specific people and an easy shorthand, but it's the specific personalities that really take it to the next level. For most of its existence, the team has always been perceived as group of scrappy upstarts or under-appreciated weekend warriors in "South Alaska." The brash and/or workmanlike personalities of a lot of popular Seahawks (past and present) complimented this perception. This is really the first time in franchise history where a lot of our guys have been put in the spotlight and forced to adopt a more endorsement-friendly personality for the public. Nowadays, the only time they aren't riddling off politically-correct/prepackaged media statements, it's when they're upset with their contract. The Seahawks, as a perceivable amalgamation of characters, is different thing now than it was at any time prior to 2013. They are no longer the underdog; they are the "Man." You're rooting for Apollo Creed now, not Rocky.

Also, when was the last time an upstart team became a Super Bowl favorite and then actually won it almost immediately when they were expected to? That's a rare thing. As Rain City Redemption showed, we had the beginning, middle, and end of a movie play out before our eyes in a few short years under PC/JS. I guess anything that comes after the climax (2013 Super Bowl) can start feeling like the last 30 minutes of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King ("how many times can this movie end?").

That being said, if you're into pure football, there's a lot to be excited about. The Seahawks are currently the Vegas favorite for the Super Bowl, which means you can expect to see a quality product, and they also just loaded up with some really cool new talent. Imagine if you were rooting for the 49ers this offseason. That product is probably going to be terrible, and there's little to be excited about. My excitement for Seahawks football goes beyond wins/losses or the continued success of our newly established millionaires. It's about the new kids we bring in and the continued evolution of the team's football strategy. I won't be heartbroken if we don't win the Super Bowl (in fact, I don't expect it), but week-to-week, I still find there's a lot to be absorbed in and excited by -- new emerging players and good football, namely.

Excellent Statement me too if the Hawks get there again we will win it this , but if we don't it will still be a great ride.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Ok I understand it is pre season and all coaches want to is evaluate players win or lose and not get anyone injured especially any starting players , but for the last 2 games of the pre season the Hawks should make a statement here that we are ready , we are going after the SB again this year and we will be one of the most feared team in the entire NFL .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I want to change my previous post where I said I would use the word "disappointing" to sum the preseason/offseason. I used the wrong word. The correct word I should have used was "Frustrating". Watching/listening/waiting for all the contracts to be negotiated (and re-negotiated, or just sat on) has been frustrating. How do you get excited about football, when for the moment it seems like not even the Seahawks themselves want to play and would rather focus on the $$$. I'll feel much better when the Kam holdout is finished (whether he's playing, or sat out for the year). When I finally feel like the Seahawks are ready for football as a TEAM, then I'm excited and ready to watch more football.

SUhawk

Reaction score
Look at how many potential HOF players there are on the Hawks! Should be exciting to watch! PC and JS will always try their best to put forth a dominant team no matter what..