Soooo Seahawks and 49ers offensive numbers

amill87

Reaction score
Yeah that niners passing game is much better than the saints. I mean one receiver can get 60% of their yards!

And clearly none of you understand that 30 more yards of offense clearly means the niners are light years ahead of us....

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
bmorepunk":33ldg4k0 said:
Hawkalypse":33ldg4k0 said:
bmorepunk":33ldg4k0 said:
nanomoz":33ldg4k0 said:
I don't know how anyone that's watched the Niners over the last 7 or 8 games can think the game won't even be close. You're trippin'.

Are people going to start underestimating the 49ers the same way they did the Saints (and even the Cardinals)?

Just because they got spanked the last two times they were in Seattle doesn't mean overconfidence should occur.
Past performance is the best predictor of future results.

A football game is an incredibly complicated system involving many individuals as well as chance. A from September and a game from December 2012 are not only too small of a sample to make an accurate prediction of this complex system, much less a decent one.

The Seahawks have a great chance to win at home. The chance that the 49ers win is not so small that being very confident about the Seahawks is a good idea.

Please....

There is plenty to be confident about. The Hawks are the one team that gives the Niners fits. They can't smack the Hawks around and it drives them nuts. There is a good chance that the Niners struggle greatly on offense here.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
amill87":1dva849i said:
Yeah that niners passing game is much better than the saints. I mean one receiver can get 60% of their yards!

And clearly none of you understand that 30 more yards of offense clearly means the niners are light years ahead of us....

Exactly. We just beat a team with the #4 offense in the league. Not to mention the #4 defense. No one should underestimate the Whiners but we, as fans, should not be scared of them either. Last time we played them we lost. That alone is enough motivation to fire the O up. Oh and btw its the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game in our house. We got this.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3e2u488f said:
Sorry but we don't look as good as they look right now.

We can beat them but they got pieces back, we lost pieces. We beat them last year without Boldin and we beat them this year without Crabtree. With both of those guys they beat us. Oh and we had Rice when we beat them, now we do not.

We could pass the ball when we beat them. Now our passing game is terrible.

Our offense right now is a struggling sputtering mess if Lynch cannot produce.

The 49ers are getting hot at the right time and we are trying to run the clock out in the 3rd quarter.

They look better by every measure. So I can understand why ESPN and all the others would pick them. We have a chance because we are playing at home, on the road I don't think we would be able to beat them right now. Even at home though, this team needs to pick it up if it wants a shot to win.

It does not matter. New game. The Hawks will be ready. We won't have to fight the crappy weather either next week.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2386qafs said:

We can beat them but they got pieces back, we lost pieces. We beat them last year without Boldin and we beat them this year without Crabtree. With both of those guys they beat us. Oh and we had Rice when we beat them, now we do not.

The 49ers are getting hot at the right time and we are trying to run the clock out in the 3rd quarter.

They look better by every measure. So I can understand why ESPN and all the others would pick them. We have a chance because we are playing at home, on the road I don't think we would be able to beat them right now. Even at home though, this team needs to pick it up if it wants a shot to win.

So because we scored 23 points in a monsoon against the 4th ranked defense, and San Fran scored 23 against the 3rd ranked defense on a sunny pleasant day, we look WAY worse?

If I had to pick I would say

Niners slight edge in offense

Hawks edge on Defense (not substantial, but an edge nonetheless)

Hawks edge special teams

Hawks at home

Hawks by 3.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2x92excb said:
NinersO > hawks O.
That's the only thing that's scared me .
Bullcrap. Not based on what I saw today.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":27dlvpeh said:
TwilightError":27dlvpeh said:
rpmischris":27dlvpeh said:
Why didnt we trade a late round pick for Boldin again?

Because our coach does not have a brother who could arrange such corruption.

Consolation prize for the SB loss?

John: "Hey Jim, I feel really bad about about what happened. - *snicker* - Let me do something to help you out..."

Jim: "I want cake!"

John: "I know you do, John. Here, take my best receiver and give me jack shit in return."

Jim: "Okay... I want cake!"

Harbaugh after the trade was made:

ku-xlarge.gif

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":292pmazt said:
Both teams scored 23 points in difficult NFC contests this weekend.

49ers had 315 total yards of offense and a 4.8 yards per play, and ran for a total of 126 yards in beautiful and sunny weather. ESPN just called them the 'Gold Standard' on their front page.

Seahawks had 277 total yards of offense and a 4.9 yards per play, and ran for a total of 174 yards in a horrible, cold, wind-gusting downpour.

Tell me again that our offense sucks?? I'm sorry, but the 49ers are going down next weekend, and it won't be close. Difficult yes, close, no.

Well...to be fair...

That cold, wind-gusting downpour was at HOME against the Saints.

The beautiful, sunny weather was on the road against the Panthers D.

I know what the Saints are ranked on D, but the Panthers are MUCH better on defense.

The 49ers also beat the Packers on Hoth a week before.

Not talking sh*t tho. I hate to say it, but I see Seattle winning. TALL order to go up there and beat you guys.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3n6f9qv6 said:
TwistedHusky":3n6f9qv6 said:

So because we scored 23 points in a monsoon against the 4th ranked defense, and San Fran scored 23 against the 3rd ranked defense on a sunny pleasant day, we look WAY worse?

If I had to pick I would say

Niners slight edge in offense

Hawks edge on Defense (not substantial, but an edge nonetheless)

Hawks edge special teams

Hawks at home

Hawks by 3.

Funny how the conditions in GB meant nothing according to most of you but the "monsoon" at HOME no less was a big deal.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":27bp4op3 said:

49ers had 315 total yards of offense and a 4.8 yards per play, and ran for a total of 126 yards in beautiful and sunny weather. ESPN just called them the 'Gold Standard' on their front page.

Seahawks had 277 total yards of offense and a 4.9 yards per play, and ran for a total of 174 yards in a horrible, cold, wind-gusting downpour.

Tell me again that our offense sucks?? I'm sorry, but the 49ers are going down next weekend, and it won't be close. Difficult yes, close, no.

I'm so in love with you right now......

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Our Defense just SHUT DOWN the saints apart from 2 passes against LBs and 1 fluke long pass. Apart from the last 2 minutes our D completely dismantled the saints. The offense also scored 4 out of 5 times in the first half and if not for a holding penalty could of been easily 5/5 as Turbin ran it to the NO 35. Then we decided to get ultra conservative and play not to lose. Wilson had one series in the entire game where he was allowed to throw 2 consecutive passes.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mc7u51r said:
Jazzhawk":1mc7u51r said:

Well...to be fair...

To be fair, it's obvious you don't know the defensive stats very well. And that big win on Hoth was against a Packers defense that the Cal Bears could have put up decent numbers against. So your point is moot.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":iz9wsza7 said:
Marvin49":iz9wsza7 said:
Jazzhawk":iz9wsza7 said:

Well...to be fair...

To be fair, it's obvious you don't know the defensive stats very well. And that big win on Hoth was against a Packers defense that the Cal Bears could have put up decent numbers against. So your point is moot.
agreed. Dom Capers may be one of the stupidest people ever.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":30kk0fhi said:
nanomoz":30kk0fhi said:
I don't know how anyone that's watched the Niners over the last 7 or 8 games can think the game won't even be close. You're trippin'.

Are people going to start underestimating the 49ers the same way they did the Saints (and even the Cardinals)?

Just because they got spanked the last two times they were in Seattle doesn't mean overconfidence should occur.
I'm not underestimating the 49rs at all, but I sure as hell ain't underestimating the Seahawks #1 Defense either.
You think for one second that the Seahawks are just going to tread water, and that the whiners are coming in for a cake walk?

It's likely going to be another slug fest game, but I believe that the Seahawks were built for just this kind of a game.
I have faith, and it ain't blind, so I'm not going to run around in the middle of the road and get my ass run over.

I'm taking sides, none of this "well maybe", or "what if " for this SEAHAWKS FAN.....I'M IN

theseahawkguy

Reaction score
How about some more numbers.

pts game Hawks 26.1 to 25.4
yards a game Hawks 339.0 to 323.8
rush yards Hawks 136.8 to 137.6 they have us by one yard one yard
defense points per game Hawks 14.4 to 17
defense yards per game Hawks 273.6 to 316.9
defense pass per game Hawks 172.0 to 221.0
defense rush yards. per game Hawks 101.6 to 95.9

overall we are the better team and should win at home.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1prlzpvu said:
Marvin49":1prlzpvu said:
Jazzhawk":1prlzpvu said:

Well...to be fair...

LOL...right...thats why I mentioned that I know the stats in the 4th line of my post.

Cracks me up...when Seahawks fans were trying to make the victory look good, they were all over the Panthers when they beat them in week one. (best front 7 in the NFL). Now that the Niners beat them it's a different story. I know the Saints are RANKED 4th, but that is NOT the 4th best defense in the NFL. I can tell that by WATCHING THE GAMES. They are a MUCH better defense than they were last year, but the Panthers are a FAR superior defense.

You guys got the Saints AT HOME. Niners got the Panthers ON THE ROAD...yet somehow you are all all hurt that the 49ers are getting praise. As for GB...the Packers were 6-2 with Rodgers and 3-0 at home. They played in -14 Wind Chill. All I'm saying is that I don't want to hear ANYTHING about weather conditions. You guys were even at home for gods sake.

Get over it. Jeez you guys call US whiners. All I see here is whining.

You get to HOST the NFC Championship game in a building where you guys are nearly invincable. WHY are you complaining? Who cares what the media says. The Seahawks are possibly the best team in football and get to play in their building. The media is going to build up this game as much as they can so expect them to hype up the 49ers. In the end, it won't matter worth a damn when the players get out there and play on sunday.