Sorry for another Kaeperncick article MMQB nails it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JTB":yddj216x said:
Popeyejones":yddj216x said:
In Benoit's defense he's always been insanely low on Kaepernick, but that he's worse than half the backups in the league is ridiculous.

To convince me of Benoit's point, you'd have to convince me that Colin Kaepernick is considerably worse than the backup QBs who have actually been signed this off-season, which is just laughable.

People really want to argue he's worse than ALL OF Aaron Murray, David Fales, Kellen Moore, EJ Manuel, Matt McGloin, TJ Yates, Austin Davis, Chase Daniel, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, Case Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Josh McCown, and Nick Foles?

Sorry, but at the end of the day you can take any measurement of quarterbacks you want and save for Nick Foles' one great year five years ago this is a list of 18 guys who have never even gotten close to sniffing Kaepernick's jock strap.

I'm fine with pointing out Kaepernick's flaws, but if you want to talk about his flaws as a player, you have to talk about the players who are being signed ahead of him. That he's somewhere worse than ALL OF these guys (let alone any of them) is simply laughable.

Only 5 of those guys were on Benoit's list and he clearly states that his evaluation is based on the ability to play from the pocket in a conventional offense. In addition, I'd point out that a lot of the guys that have signed are competing for a job and at the veteran minimum salary. We still don't know what Kaepernick is looking for contract wise.

There's two issues:

1) He just states an opinion and he doesn't support it. He easily could have pulled Kap's stats from in the pocket to support his argument, but didn't. I'm guessing he looked at them and left them out because they exposed how unsupported his argument is.

2) To know if it's an ability problem that's keeping Kaepernick from being signed, we don't need to look at backups that didn't move this season, we need to look at backup QBs that were signed over him this off-season. If it's ability you have to argue that he's so much significantly worse than the 17 guys I listed he's only worth one team who signed a backup QB this off-season even poking around. That's an argument that's just impossible to take seriously.

As for money, there were multiple reports that money was not the issue between Kaepernick and the Seahawks. Remember this is also an offseason in which the bears gave 15 APY to Mike Glennon, whose best year is worse than Kaepernick's worst year.

Jville

Reaction score
JTB":2xmbfjlp said:
I guess he's getting killed on social media because he says Kaepernick isn't very good.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/07/coli ... arterbacks

It's an excellent contrarian article. And a timely one given the herd mentality that dominates mainstream articles and opinions.

With regards to the Seahawks, I don't buy into the recently alleged "fit" nonsense. The two are so very different with regards to their physical, mental and spiritual make ups.

Even the once popular read option comparison and running tendency was way off from the onset. One of them would flip the switch and take off like a nitro dragster. The other carved up space like a fighter pilot buying time and room to maneuver and strike.

Thanks for posting.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sure there's some blackballing going on with Kaepernick, but the fact is, his talent and skillset isn't good enough to overcome it. Like many others have said already, players that have done a lot worse are being signed and playing football. Although his antics got him a bad rep, that's not the only reason why he's not playing.

penihawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1h4vx5xy said:
It's obviously to me that Pete didn't like where his head was at. If Kap had shown any self awareness Pete would have signed him.

But this is not about Kap's faux politics, and it never has been. People call Wilson fake, but there is no bigger fake in the NFL than Kap. People are acting like he's Marshawn Lynch, some guy from the streets of Oakland, who grew up with the cards stacked against him, or say, Richard Sherman who's from Compton and lost friends to gang violence.
He pretends to be 'street', but it's not who he is, it's an adopted fashion style he chooses.. The real CK was raised by a white family in a wealthy California suburb noted for having lots and lots of churches. The real heart of Colin Kaepernick is not oppressed "woke" African American, rather it's "privileged yuppie square".

And that's the issue -- he's an adapter, not a leader. He doesn't do well unless he has someone riding him every minute of every day. Someone like Harbaugh who's damn near a lunatic when involved with his players. He doesn't handle things when they don't go his way, in fact, he makes Cam Newton look gracious in that regard. We've seen the press conferences over the years. He's not a leader, he's someone who adapts to others around him. In fact, his whole drive towards social justice is not from the heart, it's a borrowed opinion from his girlfriend and buddies. They are the ones driving his social beliefs and they just happen to conveniently fit his self mantra at the moment of "poor me", everybody is picking on me. Which is what happens to many many athletes when they hit the limit of what their talent can do. He reminds me of Jeff George or Jay Cutler in that regard.

In short, he needs to grow up and that's not going to happen if everyone keeps coddling him and telling him there's some grand conspiracy against him.

:ditto: BINGO!

Jville

Reaction score
penihawk":1snxy6g3 said:
The_Z_Man":1snxy6g3 said:
It's obviously to me that Pete didn't like where his head was at. If Kap had shown any self awareness Pete would have signed him.

But this is not about Kap's faux politics, and it never has been. People call Wilson fake, but there is no bigger fake in the NFL than Kap. People are acting like he's Marshawn Lynch, some guy from the streets of Oakland, who grew up with the cards stacked against him, or say, Richard Sherman who's from Compton and lost friends to gang violence.
He pretends to be 'street', but it's not who he is, it's an adopted fashion style he chooses.. The real CK was raised by a white family in a wealthy California suburb noted for having lots and lots of churches. The real heart of Colin Kaepernick is not oppressed "woke" African American, rather it's "privileged yuppie square".

And that's the issue -- he's an adapter, not a leader. He doesn't do well unless he has someone riding him every minute of every day. Someone like Harbaugh who's damn near a lunatic when involved with his players. He doesn't handle things when they don't go his way, in fact, he makes Cam Newton look gracious in that regard. We've seen the press conferences over the years. He's not a leader, he's someone who adapts to others around him. In fact, his whole drive towards social justice is not from the heart, it's a borrowed opinion from his girlfriend and buddies. They are the ones driving his social beliefs and they just happen to conveniently fit his self mantra at the moment of "poor me", everybody is picking on me. Which is what happens to many many athletes when they hit the limit of what their talent can do. He reminds me of Jeff George or Jay Cutler in that regard.

In short, he needs to grow up and that's not going to happen if everyone keeps coddling him and telling him there's some grand conspiracy against him.

What a clear and powerful post. :2thumbs:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
penihawk":2lv1txo8 said:
The_Z_Man":2lv1txo8 said:

This is why I can't wait for the NFL to die:

Two probably white old dudes posting about how Colin Kaepernick isn't a "real" black guy because he was adopted by white folks.

The NFL's fan base is mostly old, privileged, militaristic guys passing judgment on the blackness that they think they can assign to someone because that's how it's always been for them.

The NFL fanbase is pretty disgusting, but then again, when guys like Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning can get away with sexual assault and be hailed as leaders of men rather than as scumbags, it's clear what sort of sickness pervades the average NFL fan.

The only thing that will cleanse that sickness is apparently a wave of CTE lawsuits that hold organizations liable for the brain damage that they encourage in minors who play football and that hold the NFL liable for its half-hearted attempt at making a dangerous game any safer.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":231zcdrm said:

This may say more about you then about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.