Sorry Husky fans

hawknation2018

Reaction score
College football is currently oversaturated with ugly Nike uniforms.

In addition to the money, it's nice to be one of the flagship investments for a company like Adidas.

chris98251

Reaction score
The wink and nod, here we're donating 10,000 dollars to your scholarship fund at Oregon should you choose to go there if you wear Nike apparel.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
ASU also signed with Adidas, but they are making nearly three times less than Adidas will pay UW.

It pays to be the king.

Husky crown vector illustration cute dog 84481270

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Nike took UCLA away from Adidas, which is why adidas is getting other west coast schools. I'm sure they'd gladly trade UCLA for UW.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":emg7q5q6 said:
The wink and nod, here we're donating 10,000 dollars to your scholarship fund at Oregon should you choose to go there if you wear Nike apparel.

I have not seen Oregon's name come up in any of the scandal reports... I have seen Washington's. And just yesterday it came out that Adidas was paying athletes to go to Adidas schools. So lets not pretend like Oregon and Nike are evil and all other schools and shoe companies are squeeky clean.

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-federal-ch ... 00184.html

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score

hawknation2018

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1lo8blau said:
hawknation2018":1lo8blau said:
JSeahawks":1lo8blau said:
Nike took UCLA away from Adidas, which is why adidas is getting other west coast schools. I'm sure they'd gladly trade UCLA for UW.

I thought UCLA was with Under Armour?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-s ... story.html

Oops, you are correct. they're leaving adidas for under armour not for nike.

For what it's worth, I heard UCLA's Under Armour cleats were so terrible -- literally falling apart at the seams during practices -- that many of their players insisted on wearing their old Adidas cleats.

:lol:

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":37txsy7s said:
chris98251":37txsy7s said:

I have not seen Oregon's name come up in any of the scandal reports... I have seen Washington's. And just yesterday it came out that Adida's was paying athletes to go to Adida schools. So lets not pretend like Oregon and Nike are evil and all other schools and shoe companies are squeeky clean.

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-federal-ch ... 00184.html

Lol, right, Nike is squeaky clean :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

Is that why Chip was forced out?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 168fe3ab7f

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I didnt say Nike was clean. They're all dirty. I couldnt care less. I was just pointing out to Chris that those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, or something like that.

D

DomeHawk

JSeahawks":39wjqk5q said:
I didnt say Nike was clean.

You mean when you said:

"I have not seen Oregon's name come up in any of the scandal reports..."

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3imp532g said:
JSeahawks":3imp532g said:
I didnt say Nike was clean.

You mean when you said:

"I have not seen Oregon's name come up in any of the scandal reports..."

Honestly, i have no clue what youre getting at. Oregon's name hasnt come up in the current sneaker company scandal. Nike does not equal Oregon.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
People are starting to see Oregon & Nike as the same. That's not good for business.

Osprey

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33je0ms9 said:
Nike does not equal Oregon.

But Oregon does equal Nike.

Not a chance in hell that if Nike is dirty it didn't extend to their pet program.

Chapow

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1ijrygp4 said:
Who cares what the uniforms look like. Adidas is forking over boat loads of cash to uw. Good for them. the new AD is showing to be a fantastic hire.....I begrudgingly say....

Yep.

It's pretty hilarious that the Oregon guy is trying to paint this as a negative. This is great for UW.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chapow":9chfomk2 said:
gowazzu02":9chfomk2 said:
Who cares what the uniforms look like. Adidas is forking over boat loads of cash to uw. Good for them. the new AD is showing to be a fantastic hire.....I begrudgingly say....

Yep.

It's pretty hilarious that the Oregon guy is trying to paint this as a negative. This is great for UW.

The Oregon guy is just playing around. Obviously it’s a great deal financially. Adidas gear is crap though, so in that respect I do genuinely feel bad for you.

Chapow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2zx62fo5 said:
Adidas gear is crap though, so in that respect I do genuinely feel bad for you.

Meh, whatever. I'm sure some of the most valuable pro sports teams in the world, like Manchester United and Real Madrid use crap gear. :roll:

We all know that if Oregon used Adidas gear and UW used Nike gear you'd be claiming that Nike gear was crap. Your whole shtick is so predictable it's just boring at this point.