Specific improvements that you would like to see vs Bears

Seahawk

Reaction score
Pass accuracy!
Wilson needs to stop throwing behind his receivers. Ever heard of "leading"?!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
1. Run more, prefer to see Carson doing the running
2. Provide Ifedi with help on every down vs. Mack
3. Use more quick developing pass plays
4. Blitz to create pressure when the DLine can't create it
5. Maintain gap discipline in Run D
6. Use a few RPO plays to keep the opposing D honest
7. Be more physical
8. Play with attitude and aggression

TreeRon

Reaction score
I want to see a major pass rush and pressure on their quarterback.

TreeRon

Reaction score
sutz":31w1p39b said:
LeftHandSmoke":31w1p39b said:
https://sports.theonion.com/russell-wilson-asks-seahawks-to-modify-play-where-he-s-1828976379
OK, that was funny!

:laugh:

Someone forward to Shotty, this is a good idea !

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pmdbj0l said:
Actually committing to the run. Short passing game. Let Russ roll out to his RIGHT and either run for some yards or get some short passes off. Quicker passing game as well. And an real pass rush would be massive. MUCH better on 3rd downs on offense and defense. Can't be giving up 5 or 6 yards on first down runs either. The roll out call on 3rd and inches was an absolutely putrid call. No more of that crap. Pound the rock.
This. Plus better tackling especially from the LB’ers.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":304ca8m5 said:
94Smith":304ca8m5 said:
I think they should have Wilson run the ball more. He seems most dangerous when there is a threat of him ripping off 15 yards.

This!
Hired!!! A niner knows Wilson better than many Hawk fans...

Anyone that has watched Wilson enough to know this....should know this! Wilson getting out and running gets him in the rhythm of the game quicker and backs the DE's from crashing in on him... (see first half slow starts and note when he starts to run he hits his game pace).
I agree here. If he is a threat to take off then the defense has to change the way they approach the game, and it slows down the pass rush.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Seahawk":1vqt8i1a said:
Pass accuracy!
Wilson needs to stop throwing behind his receivers. Ever heard of "leading"?!

Something happened to his passing accuracy starting about two years ago, and it is yet to be fixed. He also seems to be squinting more than I remember. Wonder if we'll hear about him getting Lasik surgery after this season. Sure helped Kearse and Richardson.

kf3339

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1p9grysd said:
1. Stop going away from your hot hand. Dissely only played for half of the offensive snaps, and most of them were in the first half. Second half he played some, but was on the bench a good portion of the time. Carson was averaging 7 yards per carry and still split time with Penny who looked decidedly mediocre that game. Fumble or not, Carson was probably the best player on offense that day. The usage of personnel was pretty dumbfounding.

2. More TE chips. I want our TE's to chip block before they go out to pass to slow the Mack truck down. He is going to run all over Ifedi if we don't. I want to see moving pockets, and plays designed to get Russ on the move, preferably away from Mack.

3. More Carson

4. I want us to set up jump ball passes for Brandon Marshall. He is the type of guy that can create separation with his body.

5. A more balanced approach in the passing game, as well as more run. Stop trying to make everything intermediate or long plays. We won't have that kind of luxury against this Bears team. I want more run, if for nothing else the mis direction potential. I loved Schottenheimers mis direction plays last game.

6. Get Russell in a rhythm. Give him easy passes to build confidence.

Agree with all of these when we have the ball.

But have to say that number 6 makes me very annoyed. If RW stills needs his confidence built up after 7 years in the league that is a serious issue with me.

On defense I would like to see a better assortment of defensive schemes to get pressure on the QB, If that means more blitzing so be it. But our current D-Line isn't built to get pressure with just those 4. I also think it's time to see Clark prove he is worthy of top level DE pay. He disappeared last week on all but the one play for a sack. Even that was not a great play on his part. Good, but not great.

I hope KJ can play as I think he was really missed last week.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
More Carson
Move Efedi to guard. He cannot pass block as a tackle.
Russell has to get rid of the ball faster. The O line more than a few times gave him lots of time.
Figure out a way to slow Khalill Mack down if that is possible.
Keep going to the tight end. It works.
Receivers have to get open better.
We need to put more pressure on the QB. It puts too much pressure on the DBs. Almost any NFL QB given the time will pick us apart.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
kf3339":241pzknq said:
Spin Doctor":241pzknq said:
1. Stop going away from your hot hand. Dissely only played for half of the offensive snaps, and most of them were in the first half. Second half he played some, but was on the bench a good portion of the time. Carson was averaging 7 yards per carry and still split time with Penny who looked decidedly mediocre that game. Fumble or not, Carson was probably the best player on offense that day. The usage of personnel was pretty dumbfounding.

2. More TE chips. I want our TE's to chip block before they go out to pass to slow the Mack truck down. He is going to run all over Ifedi if we don't. I want to see moving pockets, and plays designed to get Russ on the move, preferably away from Mack.

3. More Carson

4. I want us to set up jump ball passes for Brandon Marshall. He is the type of guy that can create separation with his body.

5. A more balanced approach in the passing game, as well as more run. Stop trying to make everything intermediate or long plays. We won't have that kind of luxury against this Bears team. I want more run, if for nothing else the mis direction potential. I loved Schottenheimers mis direction plays last game.

6. Get Russell in a rhythm. Give him easy passes to build confidence.

Agree with all of these when we have the ball.

But have to say that number 6 makes me very annoyed. If RW stills needs his confidence built up after 7 years in the league that is a serious issue with me.

On defense I would like to see a better assortment of defensive schemes to get pressure on the QB, If that means more blitzing so be it. But our current D-Line is built to get pressure with just those 4. I also think it's time to see Clark prove he is worth of top level DE pay. He disappeared last week on all but the one play for a sack. Even that play was not a great play on his part. Good, but not great.

I hope KJ can play as I think he was really missed last week.
Every QB needs a few easy wins at the start of games in order to build a rhythm and tempo. It isn't just a Russell Wilson thing. It's warming up and getting a feel for how the defense is going to react, and respond. That is part of the reason why I think that Russell Wilson is so damn inconsistent. Our schemes never give him a chance to poke, and prod defense, or build a rhythm and rapport.

bighawk

Reaction score
The offense scored enough points for our defense of 2013 and 2014 season but as of now they arent on that level yet but clearly the oline needs Fluker. The defense needs K.J. and hopefully Flowers grows up fast. I still think the team can be so much better and it will.