Speculation: Alex Collins / Seahawks ............. Please No

King Dog

Reaction score
.net was mad when Collins was cut and now they're mad they might bring him back :shock:

DJrmb

Reaction score
King Dog":1259g071 said:
.net was mad when Collins was cut and now they're mad they might bring him back :shock:
Idk about that. From what I remember it was a small minority that was still inamerred with Collins. Most of us were cracking on "ACfan" and were calling for Collins to go. There were a few that complained when he put up a decent season for Baltimore, but I feel like the general consensus was we'd seen enough of him to know he wasn't the answer.

With that said, as a backup that's taken a few lumps and hopefully learned from them, he's not a bad fit.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Got nothing against Collins, but I'd love to see Lynch back. He's still got some game, and is great for the locker room. Can't afford to pay much for a part-timer though. We would have to lure him with incentive chickens. We need to snag a good young guy in the draft.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mrblitz":3tc2j5w9 said:
you have to get your best scouts on this, and bring in some rookie talent. i liked collins, but that was 3 years ago. you need to bring in new running backs, all the time. imo
completely agree with this

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1x2fkhk3 said:
mrblitz":1x2fkhk3 said:
you have to get your best scouts on this, and bring in some rookie talent. i liked collins, but that was 3 years ago. you need to bring in new running backs, all the time. imo
completely agree with this
X3

John63

Reaction score
My thought on Collins are

1. can he block now?
2 can he catch now?

If no to both then, no as we would be to predictable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, it's just yet another rumor or speculation thrown out there that gets people worked up, yet again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but I honestly believe we're going to draft a RB pretty high.

For as much as Pete and John love what both Carson and Penny bring to the style of offense they want to run, both suffered serious injuries AND Carson is in a contract year in which I imagine we don't want to have to give him a big extension.

This all spells the need for a healthy bell cow back that can compete for the starting RB position and be ready to go by week one. I imagine Pete's in no mood to have a patchwork run attack until either/both Penny and Carson are 100%, and that might not be by the beginning of camp.

Collins? Eh, doesn't really do a whole lot. But the fact that we're kicking the tires on a RB like Collins, as well as interviewed Taylor from Wisconsin at the combine should be proof enough of what I'm talking about............they're looking at RB's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You never know, anything is possible. Shoot, I think they take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rd. Well, 3rd round after JS trades down to add a 3rd.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interesting place this place:

People here liked the player when he was drafted but thought he'd have limitations with his size.

Then he was cut while keeping Prosise, and there was much outrage expressed.

He went to Baltimore and blew up playing very well, more outrage at the fact that our team cut a quite productive RB.

He got cut by Baltimore for alleged possession of weed of an amount to distribute, then a good decision by the team. The charges against him were dismissed.

Is this a potentially capable veteran RB on the FA market who wouldn'tt create a comp pick liability? It appears opinions vary.

I say sign him if the price is right and let him compete for a job. At least we know he's a RB capable of playing NFL football.

What's the downside? We'd have been happy to have had him here at the end of last season in stead of Turbin.

Jville

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2fpyu9r7 said:
Interesting place this place:

People here liked the player when he was drafted but thought he'd have limitations with his size.

Then he was cut while keeping Prosise, and there was much outrage expressed.

He went to Baltimore and blew up playing very well, more outrage at the fact that our team cut a quite productive RB.

He got cut by Baltimore for alleged possession of weed of an amount to distribute, then a good decision by the team. The charges against him were dismissed.

Is this a potentially capable veteran RB on the FA market who wouldn'tt create a comp pick liability? It appears opinions vary.

I say sign him if the price is right and let him compete for a job. At least we know he's a RB capable of playing NFL football.

What's the downside? We'd have been happy to have had him here at the end of last season in stead of Turbin.

I think that is as fine a description as I have ever read as to how fickle we can be.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2p96gez1 said:
I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but I honestly believe we're going to draft a RB pretty high.

For as much as Pete and John love what both Carson and Penny bring to the style of offense they want to run, both suffered serious injuries AND Carson is in a contract year in which I imagine we don't want to have to give him a big extension.

This all spells the need for a healthy bell cow back that can compete for the starting RB position and be ready to go by week one. I imagine Pete's in no mood to have a patchwork run attack until either/both Penny and Carson are 100%, and that might not be by the beginning of camp.

Collins? Eh, doesn't really do a whole lot. But the fact that we're kicking the tires on a RB like Collins, as well as interviewed Taylor from Wisconsin at the combine should be proof enough of what I'm talking about............they're looking at RB's.

Agreed. And if not high I still think they take someone they feel pretty good about instead of going the Alex Collins type route.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13sw573e said:

This all spells the need for a healthy bell cow back that can compete for the starting RB position and be ready to go by week one. I imagine Pete's in no mood to have a patchwork run attack until either/both Penny and Carson are 100%, and that might not be by the beginning of camp.........
I agree with this. Who do you like? Taylor might be had late in round 2 for example.

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3spxwhzt said:
I'd rather they sign Collins in FA than use an early pick on a RB.
THIS.

The chances of getting lucky on a retread running back are decent.
Save the 2nd round draft pick for another position of need, where talent is available. OL, CB, DT, LB, WR, etc.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the guy with the alex Collins fan username a few years ago? I think his name was acfan or something like that but he used to ride Collins pretty hard. Wonder how he feels about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Id rather have an undrafted back from some small school nobody's heard of than see Alex Collins carry the ball for a one yard loss

xray

Reaction score
Please don't use a high pick on a RB . They have many other more important needs .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":rzxsbi78 said:
Whatever happened to the guy with the alex Collins fan username a few years ago? I think his name was acfan or something like that but he used to ride Collins pretty hard. Wonder how he feels about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'd probably say "y'all miss me? My boy back. He not done yet."

Latest posts