SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP53

Reaction score
lukerguy":2cukhdy1 said:
Hasselbeck":2cukhdy1 said:
lukerguy":2cukhdy1 said:
How do you all feel about Greg Hardy now?

1) Beats his GF to a pulp.
2) Lawyer's up and pays her off
3) Has no interest from league so make up rumors that he's visiting, and that the Seahawks best defensive lineman wants to play in ATL in an attempt to drum up more interest from the Cowboys.

285.gif

I don't know why that is all that far fetched for you to believe...Let's look at the facts..

1) We know Michael Bennett LOVES Seattle. He's said it multiple times on radio. He did actually take a discount to stay in Seattle, also confirmed.
2) The source on the rumour is a COWBOYS beat writer (Clarence Hill). Why would a Cowboys beat writer be the first one to break a rumor unless the rumor was somehow related to the Cowboys?
3) The Seahawks have denied Bennett requesting a trade. I've never known them to blatantly lie to 12th man.
4) Rosenhaus is the Agent for Bennett and Hardy. Rosenhaus is currently in Dallas, and the Cowboys Beat writer was the one who broke the news..
5) This wouldn't be the first time erroneous reports were made up to better someone's market.

There is no reason not to believe the Seahawks here...Until Bennett, Seahawks, or a reputable source confirmed his "request", I think it's clear Rosenhaus is in the middle of this.

Of course the Seahawks are going to deny it. What else would they do?

And FWIW, I heard the interview with the Dallas beat guy on KJR. He didn't back down from his report one bit.

Basically said he was looking for information on Dallas' interest in Hardy, and was told Seattle would try to match any offer Dallas made because they may be looking to replace Michael Bennett. When he asked the follow up on Bennett, that's when he learned of Bennett's desire to be traded to Atlanta.

Said he vetted through more sources and that's when he took it public.

Given the fact he wasn't out to get a scoop on the Hawks or Bennett in the first place, and given the fact this guy's been the beat writer for the Cowboys since '97, I'm not inclined to believe this is just some guy looking to make a name for himself.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3akd9u4s said:
Your post somehow accused Hardy of both.. domestic violence (a case that is looking more and more flimsy by the day) and planting a false trade rumor :lol: .

Hardy was convicted and settled, that's not flimsy, that's pretty concrete evidence that he did something wrong.

Hyak

Reaction score
In fairness to all concerned, it doesn't serve the interest of the Seahawks nor Bennett to publicize a trade/new contract demand.

I believe the Seahawks would be interested in Hardy irrespective of Bennett's situation or any other proven pass rusher as it is a need.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really hope this is true, I want all of these trade rumors to be hogwash.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/577923652542341120[/tweet]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":34v30w65 said:
I really hope this is true and that all of this is hogwash

You serious?

Rocket

Reaction score
Those quoting twitter fools or posts or articles quoting the Seahawks are missing the point here. NFL TEAMS LIE about player transactions and complaints. Honest, they do. They're like the cops when they have you in for questioning. It's ok for them to lie, it's in the rule book.

Linguistically, this twitter fool has merit as it, again linguistically, quotes Bennett. This is the only valid proof twitter fool so far.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DDMon710/status/577905131544440833[/tweet]

(Thanks to Denis Leary for the use of his coined word... it's got panache)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hrom83c said:
Blitzer88":1hrom83c said:

You serious?

Now that I reread what I wrote I see that it sounded as if I wanted the trade rumors to be true, that is not the case. What I meant to say is that I hope the trade rumors are false and hope that particular tweet is true.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think this Clarence Hill character put together the following facts:

* Dan Quinn is in Atlanta

* Greg Hardy is visiting Seattle

* Michael Bennett wanting more money wouldn't be surprising

* The Seahawks would save cap room by trading

...guessed that the move would happen, and decided to try and get ahead of it for the sake of his own Twitter count.

And now he's looking stupid.

Or it might have been some NFL team feeding him bogus, but he'll still look stupid. The better beat reporters know when a team is just trying to use them.

MVP53

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":algwxyn2 said:

...guessed that the move would happen, and decided to try and get ahead of it for the sake of his own Twitter count.

Or it might have been some NFL team feeding him bogus, but he'll still look stupid. The better beat reporters know when a team is just trying to use them.

Guy's been the Dallas beat reporter for 18 years and has 27K followers. I don't think he's interested in a bunch of twitter points.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":f8fmuldt said:
Uncle Si":f8fmuldt said:
Blitzer88":f8fmuldt said:

You serious?

Now that I reread what I wrote I see that it sounded as if I wanted the trade rumors to be true, that is not the case. What I meant to say is that I hope the trade rumors are false and hope that particular tweet is true.

I understood what you meant.

I'm just surprised that you feel this guy's tweet has any more validity than the others.

The whole thing is silly.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3h6u2etl said:
Blitzer88":3h6u2etl said:
Uncle Si":3h6u2etl said:
Blitzer88":3h6u2etl said:

You serious?

I'm just surprised that you feel this guy's tweet has any more validity than the others.

I'm just looking for anything that calms my worries lol.

kearly

Reaction score
Disgruntled players ask for trades all the time. Some are traded. Others are not. Seattle holds the cards, especially if they add another pass rusher.

If it's just about money, Seattle could give him more guaranteed money and a small pay raise. You can't do that for every player, but Bennett is not a player Seattle can afford to give up.

Seems like a silly and totally random rumor. Doesn't jive with Michael Bennett at all, a guy that turned down more money and a chance to play with his brother a year ago just to be here. Maybe Bennett told a joke with his dry sense of humor and it got reported as being serious.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":o7vzwr9y said:

Also former Cowboy Anthony Spencer visiting the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hill doesn't have any skin in the game, he's neither a Seattle nor a Falcon beat writer. He's also a veteran writer that's been around for a LONG time.

So what would him motive be for making this story up?

I love Bennett, but the dude's got a mouth on him and loves him some attention. So who knows.

All I know is the Hawks hold all the leverage, so I don't care if the story is true or not Bennett isn't going anywhere without the Falcons giving up a LOT...........and I don't think they'd be willing to do that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":g7yuydtv said:
MontanaHawk05":g7yuydtv said:

Or...he told some information by someone close to the situation when he was looking to Dallas' interest in Hardy. This guy isn't Joe Blogger and doesn't need to float made up stories. Now, whether or not that info was misinterpreted or misinformation remains to be seen.

So all the beat writers for Seattle, writers for NFL.com who have been on the job for a long time with good Seahawks history, say that it's not true, and yet one guy with ties to Dallas is supposed to be the most credible?

I'll take multiple different sources close to Seattle denying it over one guy from Dallas saying it's true, every day and twice on sunday

ivotuk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2u17u6am said:
Uncle Si":2u17u6am said:
Uncle Si":2u17u6am said:
Blitzer88":2u17u6am said:

You serious?

I'm just looking for anything that calms my worries lol.

No such drug on the face of the planet Blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.