SPECULATION/RUMOR: Michael Bennett seeking trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP53

Reaction score
lukerguy":2vd6s00i said:
One of the thing this beat writer said on an interview yesterday was that the Seahawks would match any offer the Cowboys gave for Hardy.....He also said he was coming to Seattle for a visit.

Reports today say that the Cowboys and Bucs are the only teams interested and that the's not visiting Seattle..

So far he's been wrong on those two points, think he's wrong on the initial one about the trade? I do.

He said Seattle would TRY to match an offer. Very well could be that Dallas exceeded what Seattle is capable of offering, thus no match, thus no trip to Seattle.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hmmm...if this is all bs why is this not locked...wasted my time in reading another 2 pages of this thinking something had changed...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This whole thing reeks of posturing by the Harry's agent trying to get more money.

It seems now Seahawks were never truly in the mix of signing Hardy, that it was between the Bucs and 'Boys all along.

Seahawks denied the rumor of Bennett asking for a trade. Which almost means nothing.

But couple that with the fact "they were prepared to match any Cowboys offer" despite the fact they haven't even brought Hardy in for a visit. Now reports that Hardy is choosing between the two teams above and the Seahawks weren't seriously in it just makes this whole overblown and all sources point at Drew R being the culprit.

This whole thing is dumb. Just dumb. Bennett is staying.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that Bennett or his agent haven't said anything about it yet

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MVP53":19l6uwbt said:
lukerguy":19l6uwbt said:
One of the thing this beat writer said on an interview yesterday was that the Seahawks would match any offer the Cowboys gave for Hardy.....He also said he was coming to Seattle for a visit.

Reports today say that the Cowboys and Bucs are the only teams interested and that the's not visiting Seattle..

So far he's been wrong on those two points, think he's wrong on the initial one about the trade? I do.

He said Seattle would TRY to match an offer. Very well could be that Dallas exceeded what Seattle is capable of offering, thus no match, thus no trip to Seattle.

Also very well could be that he's a mouthpiece used by a player agent to try and drive his price up.

Notice that after the Seahawks denied the rumors that Bennett had asked for a trade and other media types with their own "sources" dismissed the rumor Hill was peddling, the market for Hardy magically lost a suitor (went from DAL, SEA, TB to DAL and TB). And all discussion of Bennett dropped off the front page of PFT and any other publication while the Hardy stuff stays in the headlines.

McGruff

Reaction score
Cyrus12":bpxktjgs said:
hmmm...if this is all bs why is this not locked...wasted my time in reading another 2 pages of this thinking something had changed...

It hasn't died because Bennett hasn't denied it yet. Its still a topic not only here, but on talk radio as well.

I think it needs to die. People keep saying "where there is smoke there is fire," but sometimes where there is smoke there is a fog machine meant to cloud and deceive.

This is all Drew Rosenhaus.

McGruff

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":bdsyl4ry said:
I'm a little surprised that Bennett or his agent haven't said anything about it yet

Bennett's agent won't say anything, because he's the one behind the rumor.

Bennett won't say anything until after Hardy signs, because they have the same agent.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":6rowgtyg said:

Probably because Bennett's agent is likely the one who planted the rumor to drive his other client's price up.

The agent with whom Bennett signed his deal with the Seahawks last year is Drew Rosenhaus. The agent who’s been in negotiations the last couple days with the Cowboys over a potential new contract for Hardy is … Drew Rosenhaus.

Would it surprise you if Rosenhaus had asked Bennett to lay low while he used his name to drive Hardy's value up? It's not like Rosenhaus has a reputation for sterling ethical standards.

kidhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3sf3kqmy said:
Cyrus12":3sf3kqmy said:

It hasn't died because Bennett hasn't denied it yet. Its still a topic not only here, but on talk radio as well.

I think it needs to die. People keep saying "where there is smoke there is fire," but sometimes where there is smoke there is a fog machine meant to cloud and deceive.

This is all Drew Rosenhaus.

Agree 100%. Bennett may even be well aware that his agent used his name to increase Hardy's value. He played the free agency game last year, and I'm sure there was some manipulation out there then as well. Bennett is probably on the beach having a good laugh over all this right now.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ezhljk7q said:
Bennett and Hardy share the same agent, Rosenhaus.

Bennett could be throwing Rosenhaus a bone or just doesn't care enough and probably think its comical. Guy likes to joke and this is funny. In the worst way but funny.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
McGruff":ctzvrwj8 said:
Uncle Si":ctzvrwj8 said:
Why is this still a thread?

Just waiting for you to tell us it isn't.

Or keep feeding speculation over a baseless rumor like 9th grade girls use Facebook.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qwde849l said:
McGruff":qwde849l said:
Uncle Si":qwde849l said:

Or keep feeding speculation over a baseless rumor like 9th grade girls use Facebook.

You know, every time you post in this thread, it gets bumped to the top of the page.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2rm5fbhe said:
McGruff":2rm5fbhe said:
Uncle Si":2rm5fbhe said:

Yes because a cowboys beat writer, who's been on the job for almost 20 years, is spreading baseless rumors because he's bored and must be just like a 9th grade girl.

You don't have to believe Hill, but don't act like he's trying to stir the pot for the heck of it because its his credibility on line. I highly doubt he would send that tweet unless he felt confident in his sources.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2ewc90gy said:
Uncle Si":2ewc90gy said:
McGruff":2ewc90gy said:
Uncle Si":2ewc90gy said:

You know, every time you post in this thread, it gets bumped to the top of the page.

Yeah, it was almost down to third on the list there for a minute. Right behind the Greg Hardy thread on domestic violence and the same basic speculation about his agent that keeps this thread going.

But, point taken

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
It's 100% BS.

If you listen to the interview he did with Bob and Groz, he's hard to believe.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also, we don't know if Hill and Bennett aren't getting something out of this.

Like 15,000 to Hill for his part, that's a nice chunk of change for a beat writer who has been 18 years on the job.

And like $35,000 for Bennett for doing nothing.

What's 50,000 to Hardy if you can get another 2-4m in the long-term.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":12f0lxx0 said:

Like 15,000 to Hill for his part, that's a nice chunk of change for a beat writer who has been 18 years on the job.

Just stop

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
FargoHawk":2gbdmpsw said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2gbdmpsw said:

Just stop

Make me it's seems everyone else is putting out lame as rumors out there. Might as well make one up that at least has feasible logic.

BuZzB28

Reaction score
TAB420":1eftm1ce said:
BuZzB28":1eftm1ce said:
jake206":1eftm1ce said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/577887854774214656[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/577890179115040768[/tweet]

Why is he would trade to Falcons? We can afford to pay him but he wanna more moneys? How much what he want? 10 millions then forget about him. :/

Here you go...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... or-a-trade

I think, Bennett like him from Falcons new coach Dan Quinn. He support him for help and good relationship with him in years. He would like accept for 7 million a years and good enough moneys? Maybe. He dislike small moneys for 7 millions. He does know because he is best the top pass rush. He is probably not cheap the price $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts