Sportscenter doing a RW3 segment

Sac

Reaction score
At some point is there going to be a recap of what was actually said during this little Sports Center segment on Russell "DangeRuss" Wilson ?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kearly":342iblg0 said:
Tech Worlds":342iblg0 said:
Cause that's not his nickname and you know it.

Sorry Tech, but you just got served.

10000000000% with you on "RW3" though. Not only is it dumb/unoriginal, but if you say it out loud it actually takes more syllables to say than "Russell Wilson" does. How dumb is that?

Unless you're from the south, then it would be the same. "R Dubya Tree"!

The Radish

Reaction score
It takes more sylables to say "Russell Wilson" than it does to say "how dumb is that?".

Seems the same to me.

:roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2rbprnju said:
At some point is there going to be a recap of what was actually said during this little Sports Center segment on Russell "DangeRuss" Wilson ?

No that would require a new thread I'm thinking, this one has been lost in the twilight zone now.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Personally I hate the RW3 thing. It implies that the fan base needs to equate success with Rg3. We have a great thing here. It is totally separate from the skins and, totally unique.

I prefer Dangeruss.

dunceface

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings I will only type RW3 when given the permission by the top men
Go RW3! And Go Hawks!

kearly

Reaction score
The Radish":2ff7j2pf said:
It takes more sylables to say "Russell Wilson" than it does to say "how dumb is that?".

Seems the same to me.

:roll:

Someone needs a nap.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RW3 doesn't even roll off the tongue like a nickname like that should.

CP3 (Chris Paul)
RG3 (Robert Griffin)

Roll off the tongue, RW3 isn't as smooth as those.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
RW3 is nothing more than reaching to sound cool cause u think RGIII I is cool. I think Russell Wilson is great. Russ for short and I hate to say I'm not that hot on DangeRuss in print. It should be DangerRuss

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
At least this isnt an argument about QBOTF. How about a link that the OP was for.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2knxcply said:
Zebulon Dak":2knxcply said:
His initials are RW and he's #3. I don't understand why this is such a problem for some of you.

No need for initials. it's just amateurish (aka RG3).
Drew Brees isn't DB9
Aaron Rodgers isn't AR12, A-rod, Mr Discount Double Check or Mr Rodgers.
Joe Montana was nicknamed 'Joe Cool' but most people respectfully called him by his real name.

It should be Russell or Dang3Russ. At the end of the day defenses will be cursing "That Dang3Russ. He's something special."

This may be the stupidest post I've ever read for many different reasons- with all due respect.

1) Many HOF type QBs have nicknames (Brady: Brady Bunch, Terrific Tom) (Rodgers is actually known as A-rod amongst packer fans) (Favre was known as the Southern Slinger) (Matt Ryan: Matty Ice - not HOF but still good).
2) You go on saying that it's stupid for QBs to have nicknames and then say his nickname should be Dang3rRuss. No offense but Dang3rRuss isn't exactly the most classy nickname one could think of. I could have managed this post if you didn't completely contradict yourself by saying that his nickname should be ____ (just happens to be one you personally like).

lukerguy

Reaction score
Also, I don't think anyone actually ever says RW3 out loud- it's more an abbreviation for typing.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
lukerguy":3djbp8sb said:
Also, I don't think anyone actually ever says RW3 out loud- it's more an abbreviation for typing.

Bingo. Plus search #RW3 on Twitter or Instagram and you'll soon find it to be officially official.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Really? RW3? Makes Wilson sound like a disfigured step child. Ohhhh....lets copy a nickname. Pathetic! Wilson deserves more than that.