Stadiums in crime areas.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. Downtown Seattle is not a safe place. I've felt more comfortable ever since I moved to North Washington (which has its own problems too). I generally don't like being near or around inner cities for extended periods of time, but I am a little biased.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The International District is just a few blocks away and it's simply not a safe place to go at any time of day now. Pretty sad how the city's leadership has allowed this city to begin the slow yawning descent in to ruin.

It's bad, but hasn't it always been bad?

My dad used to make us sprint through abandoned parking lots in the 80's to get to the Kingdome so we wouldn't get knifed or attacked.

Look at the list, it's literally every major metropolitan city.

Aircrew

Reaction score
It's bad, but hasn't it always been bad?

My dad used to make us sprint through abandoned parking lots in the 80's to get to the Kingdome so we wouldn't get knifed or attacked.

Look at the list, it's literally every major metropolitan city.
I'd say it has gone from bad to worse. I was on the east coast from 1996 to 2012 and when I moved back to Washington I went to as many Hawk games as I could afford. It had gotten so bad compared to the 90's I couldn't believe it. And on top of that, the nosedive has gotten steeper within the last 10 years. I'm really not trying to get political, but if I lived in the Seattle area, I'd remember the decay of a once magnificent city at the hands of elected officials when it comes time to vote.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd say it has gone from bad to worse. I was on the east coast from 1996 to 2012 and when I moved back to Washington I went to as many Hawk games as I could afford. It had gotten so bad compared to the 90's I couldn't believe it. And on top of that, the nosedive has gotten steeper within the last 10 years. I'm really not trying to get political, but if I lived in the Seattle area, I'd remember the decay of a once magnificent city at the hands of elected officials when it comes time to vote.

I agree it's bad, but again IMO it's always been bad. Especially before the SODO area was revamped with the influx of businesses and all the new commerce surrounding the new stadiums of the 90's and 2000's.

SODO was NOT a nice area when it was just the Kingdome down there. It was really rough.

My guess is if you did this report 20 or 30 years ago, it'd be the same cities.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The International District is just a few blocks away and it's simply not a safe place to go at any time of day now. Pretty sad how the city's leadership has allowed this city to begin the slow yawning descent in to ruin.
Like how the hell was/is ANYONE going to stop or even SLOW down homelessness?
What's your answer/fix?

JPatera76

Reaction score
We have discussed this and have moved it to the NFL nation forums, as it is football related and about football stadiums and their proximity to high crime rate areas.
IF this gets political we will lock it and recycle it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Address the drug addiction and mental health. These are the two biggest reasons for homelessness.
Quit catering to drug addicts, enforce crime and quit rewarding people that don't want to join society and work like the rest of us . Seattle is nasty compared to what it once was. People have no qualms about walking downtown naked smoking meth and crapping in the street .

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
UW did an environmental study of Seattle public transit and found that 100 percent of air or Surface samples were contaminated with meth or fent. Bus drivers are filing workers comp.

I wouldnt Take public transport there for that reason. Do most ppl drive? What are the parking fees like? At Levi’s, it’s half a game ticket.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I was walking to a game from my hotel in 2017, somewhere around the top of link station in the International District, when we walked by a guy laying on a raised planter? missing a shoe & I told my wife "I think he's dead". Turned out he was.

Latest posts