Steelers Great Troy Polamalu Retires

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sc85sis":31ihpuiu said:
NWPatsFan":31ihpuiu said:
Earl Thomas is twice the player TP was. TP got burned on coverage too much, it is ridiculous that he was in the Pro Bowl as much as he was. I swear he thought he was a linebacker half the time, cheating up on the line of scrimmage....I don't know maybe it was the hair that made everyone overlook his shortcomings.
Earl is a free safety. Troy played strong safety. Both are great players and great people. Both will likely end up in the Hall.

I see no reason to denigrate one in order to praise the other.

This one.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I know he was a SS, but someone earlier in the thread compared the two and it makes me laugh to compare the quality of their play. Earl is just an amazing team player and can dominate a game, while TP was a product of the dominating D-line blitzes that Dick LeBeau co-ordinated. TP in my opinion is Overated.

sc85sis

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":1vwu8gec said:
Yeah, I know he was a SS, but someone earlier in the thread compared the two and it makes me laugh to compare the quality of their play. Earl is just an amazing team player and can dominate a game, while TP was a product of the dominating D-line blitzes that Dick LeBeau co-ordinated. TP in my opinion is Overated.
Pete would definitely disagree with you.

Jville

Reaction score
When NFL Network rolled thru Troy Polamalu highlights, it was Polamalu's tackling that stood out. His shoulder lead rugby tackle technique, presumably taught at USC, served him well. His tackle highlights reminded by of the tackle techniques demonstrated in the video produced by Pete Carroll and the Seahawks.