Stephen A Smith calls out Seahawks fanbase

Escamillo

Reaction score
Throwdown":1liohagz said:
Seattle fans are annoying, specially lately. I can't believe how many of my fellow fans I want to fight lately

I agree lots of them are annoying. The ones that want to kiss national media's behinds, the ones that are outraged that Lynch made a "mockery" of the mockery that is media day, etc. smh

Here's the problem. Too many around here pay deference to the national media on the one hand, or vilify them on the other hand. I have nothing against Stephen A Smith. I like him, and I like listening to him, I think he's entertaining. So I wouldn't vilify him or insult him. On the other hand, I'm not going to hesitate to call out the fact that he picked against Seattle every big game last season (I don't know about this season). So I won't vilify him, but I won't pay him undue reverence either. He's an entertainer. As such, some will enjoy him, some will (misguidedly) pay deference to him, some will cheer him, some will be outraged by him - generating all of those reactions is his job.

That said, I don't begrudge anyone criticizing him, because since part of his job is to provoke outrage (among other reactions), attacks from listeners are to be expected. It's disingenuous of him, IMO, to have a job to provoke outrage, and get paid 3 million dollars per year to do so, then to complain that those he outraged attacked him on the internet. lol

But that said, there are too many threads in this forum that are in the "OMG, national pundit X dissed us" category.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Hope my brother had nothing to do with this. He ran into SAS outside the Media Day walking on the streets and approached him with, "Are you gonna pick the right team this year?" Stephen replied "yes". My brother asked for his SB pick and Stephen said we would have to wait till Friday. The conversation ended with a good ol' fashioned "Go Hawks!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's surprising this tool still has a job. He and his co-host are the lowest common denominator in sports journalism.
His opinion means nothing. When you have to actively troll to get viewers you are not very good at your job.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":ul0jgrok said:
Seattle fans are annoying, specially lately. I can't believe how many of my fellow fans I want to fight lately
Give me control of the ban hammer temporarily and I'll do the dirty work for you! 8)

Latest posts