STEPHON TUITT

SDHawk

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":q8a86r5v said:
getnasty":q8a86r5v said:
I only want to draft a DL if we loss Bennett. I haven't seen much of Tuitt to comment one way or another, who is he similar to that's already in the league?

Alot of things could happen but I see Brent Urban falling in alot of projections and mock drafts. Probably becuase he was injured at the Senior Bowl and did'nt have a ton of production at Virginia. I love it because if Seattle can get either Urban or Tuitt. the rich get richer and Seattle could let a Veteran or veterans(Bryant,Clemons) move on to keep Bennett without much drop off.

Also think of the pass rush Seattle would get with M. Bennet and Stephon Tuitt or Brent Urban at DT in passing situations.

Why are people trying to rank Brent Urban ahead of Trent Murphy?

ivotuk

Reaction score
OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
ivotuk":3pbmxlq4 said:
I love Stephon Tuitt and hope we pick him at 32. The guy is a monster in the Darnell Dockett/Calais Campbell mode.

He had surgery last summer I believe it was and his play picked back up late in the season as he got in better shape.

Here is his draft diary. This guy is my number 1 preference, i would even trade up 2 or 3 spots if necessary.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/draft-diary-stephon-tuitt-tracks-path-to-the-nfl-part-i-021714

If Tuitt runs a sub-4.8 in the 40, I have a feeling he won't fall to us. I'm hoping a more pedestrian combine performance will make him available at 32.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3abwmufh said:
ivotuk":3abwmufh said:
I love Stephon Tuitt and hope we pick him at 32. The guy is a monster in the Darnell Dockett/Calais Campbell mode.

He had surgery last summer I believe it was and his play picked back up late in the season as he got in better shape.

Here is his draft diary. This guy is my number 1 preference, i would even trade up 2 or 3 spots if necessary.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/draft-diary-stephon-tuitt-tracks-path-to-the-nfl-part-i-021714

If Tuitt runs a sub-4.8 in the 40, I have a feeling he won't fall to us. I'm hoping a more pedestrian combine performance will make him available at 32.
If he runs a sub 4.8 40, I will shocked, surprised, dumbfounded, and flummoxed. Not going to happen. If he is under 5, he will be awesome for a 300 plus guy.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2c1nvw1h said:
hawknation2014":2c1nvw1h said:
ivotuk":2c1nvw1h said:

If he runs a sub 4.8 40, I will shocked, surprised, dumbfounded, and flummoxed. Not going to happen. If he is under 5, he will be awesome for a 300 plus guy.

"Tuitt has a good mix of size and speed -- he has been clocked as fast as 4.78 seconds in the 40-yard dash . . ."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... irst-round

Maybe worthless if it wasn't electronically timed.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2g8mkclg said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2g8mkclg said:
Too big and cumbersome. Had one very good game vs USC in 2013, the rest of the way he was bang average. Needs to drop 20lbs. Wouldn't touch him in R1.
He is dropping the 20 right now. In watching Tuitt, one guy jumped out at me, David Yankey from Stanford. That dude was awesome.

I had a little convo with Kip earlier about Yankey. I'm not a fan at all. I think he'll struggle outside of that system. Jonathan Martin screamed Stanford system guy and Yankey is the same type of guy for me. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if we drafted either Yankey or Tuitt at #32.

Tuitt needs to be around 305lbs at the combine. But he had such a majorly disappointing 2013 season. In most games he was just a complete non factor -- Taylor Lewan had him on toast against Michigan. He played like a stay puff marshmallow version of Red Bryant a lot of the time. Turned it on against USC, but then in the subsequent games went back to being a heffer.

The defensive guys I really like in this class (who realistically could make it to 32) are Ra'Shede Hageman, Brent Urban and Aaron Donald. The only guard I like is Zack Martin and he deserves a shot at playing left tackle.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
SDHawk":3jt2jxdn said:
I would rather us draft DaQuan Jones in the 2nd.

http://www.draftinsider.net Senior Bowl practice notes on DaQuan Jones:
Mon:
"looks the part but just doesn't make many plays. Fires off the snap, plays with good pad level and displayed powerfull lower body but cannot get off blocks"

Tues:
"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Has every feature you want in a potential starter for the next level yet rarely made plays when it counts."

Wed:
"Again handled at the point on a consistant basis and makes little, if any, impact."

Kelcy Quarles, Timmy Jernigan, Brent Urban, Deandre Coleman and Stephon Tuitt are players that would fit best in Seattle's system in my opinion.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":y2x9r03i said:
SDHawk":y2x9r03i said:
I would rather us draft DaQuan Jones in the 2nd.

http://www.draftinsider.net Senior Bowl practice notes on DaQuan Jones:
Mon:
"looks the part but just doesn't make many plays. Fires off the snap, plays with good pad level and displayed powerfull lower body but cannot get off blocks"

Tues:
"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Has every feature you want in a potential starter for the next level yet rarely made plays when it counts."

Wed:
"Again handled at the point on a consistant basis and makes little, if any, impact."

Kelcy Quarles, Timmy Jernigan, Brent Urban, Deandre Coleman and Stephon Tuitt are players that would fit best in Seattle's system in my opinion.

Maybe he practiced poorly at the Senior Bowl but when I watch his cut-ups, he looks exactly like the kind of run stuffing lineman that we would want to replace Red Bryant. Quarles and Urban aren't fair comparisons because they have a different skillset. We wouldn't be drafting DaQuan to be a pass rusher. He would be a space-eater in the mold of Red Bryant and Brandon Mebane. I really like DaQuan Jones and Justin Ellis as candidates to replace Red and Bane.

[youtube]Zal906TKcQY[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
First off, I'm a big fan of Stanford's David Yankey. I think he's a better prospect than David DeCastro was, and he's a great fit for Tom Cable. At least for now, he's under-rated by scouts/media, though usually that corrects itself as the draft nears. I'd be stoked if Seattle took Yankey at #32. Oh yeah, and the year before Yankey happened to be Stanford's left tackle and played very well, so he also checks off the "swing tackle" check box that JS values so highly. Seattle needs a mauler LG who can hold his own in pass pro and pull block with precision, expertise and quickness, which happens to be exactly the kind of player Yankey is. He's nasty too, Cable will love him. I would be stunned if he wasn't very high on Seattle's board.

Tuitt on the other hand, he reminds me of Scotte's pet DT from last year, Stefan Charles. Very good build and promising athleticism. But he has weight problems, which always scare me with OL/DL, and his tape shows zero wow factor and a lack of a killer instinct, which IMO cannot be coached. Not a bad prospect by any means, I actually liked Charles too. But I am surprised that Tuitt is getting talked about as a 1st rounder. Charles was a UDFA last year and has already bounced to a second NFL team.

randomation

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":nxzyhiz9 said:
Too big and cumbersome. Had one very good game vs USC in 2013, the rest of the way he was bang average. Needs to drop 20lbs. Wouldn't touch him in R1.

Yankey is who I really wish would drop to 32 need a good guard badly to protect Russ

SDHawk

Reaction score
I'm with Rob in that I think Xavier Su'a Filo is the best guard prospect.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Here is what I don't like about Hageman

"6. Hot and cold on Hageman
Mayock said Minnesota defensive lineman Ra'Shede Hageman looks like a first-round pick in some games, and in others "he disappears for three quarters" and looks like a fifth- or sixth-round pick. Mayock said a good evaluation of Hageman must properly balance both the best and worst of his body of work."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... fl-combine

I give Tuitt a bit of a pass this year because of the injury, and he had to play NT when Nix was out which is a tough job if you're not used to it. I believe he's a versatile defensive player with the power to control the LOS against anybody.

randomation

Reaction score
SDHawk":11aokorv said:

I agree but I also think he is gone by 15 at the latest and that the Hawks would have to trade up to get him something I just don't see happening.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
randomation":v5al0wm1 said:
SDHawk":v5al0wm1 said:

I agree but I also think he is gone by 15 at the latest and that the Hawks would have to trade up to get him something I just don't see happening.

Who do you think is in the market for OG? I don't see that happening based on the needs I see teams having.

NYG needs one, but not as bad as they need LB/DB help. They also pick at 12. They won't take him there.

NYJ also need one at 18. They also need WR and TE. Thinking Ebron goes here. If not, then Lee/Evans.

Miami needs one at 19. They desperately need an OT. If they do take Su'a-Filo here they are terminally stupid. Also means a good OT is falling to us.

San Diego at 25 needs one. But they also need CB and LB help more. Again not very likely

NE needs one at 29. But they need DL help more. Expect Hageman/Donald/Tuitt/Nix or something along those lines

That's pretty much our competition for early OG selection. The needs don't really align here and in particular the primary needs they do have -- there should be much more impact/attractive options available to fill those needs.

I agree, he probably goes in the 40-50 range though. When those teams roll around they'll be looking at OG more. If we do trade back 10 spots, we will risk going to plan B.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3hjp2mhs said:
Scottemojo":3hjp2mhs said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3hjp2mhs said:
He is dropping the 20 right now. In watching Tuitt, one guy jumped out at me, David Yankey from Stanford. That dude was awesome.

I had a little convo with Kip earlier about Yankey. I'm not a fan at all. I think he'll struggle outside of that system. Jonathan Martin screamed Stanford system guy and Yankey is the same type of guy for me. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if we drafted either Yankey or Tuitt at #32.

Tuitt needs to be around 305lbs at the combine. But he had such a majorly disappointing 2013 season. In most games he was just a complete non factor -- Taylor Lewan had him on toast against Michigan. He played like a stay puff marshmallow version of Red Bryant a lot of the time. Turned it on against USC, but then in the subsequent games went back to being a heffer.

The defensive guys I really like in this class (who realistically could make it to 32) are Ra'Shede Hageman, Brent Urban and Aaron Donald. The only guard I like is Zack Martin and he deserves a shot at playing left tackle.
Love all three of those DT's as well but I really want Aaron Donald. Do you see him as someone who can man Red Bryant's spot then slide inside on passing downs? I just wish we had more picks this year. This draft is so loaded its ridiculous.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The idea of David Yankey playing left guard vs San Francisco scares the crap out of me.

In fact vs any NFC West team.

Natethegreat":3o6vle4z said:
Love all three of those DT's as well but I really want Aaron Donald. Do you see him as someone who can man Red Bryant's spot then slide inside on passing downs? I just wish we had more picks this year. This draft is so loaded its ridiculous.

Donald would have to play three technique. But that's OK, because he looks like a Geno Atkins clone.

A truly fantastic pass rusher. I'd walk over broken glass to get Donald, especially if they keep Bennett around.

randomation

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":iwl05l0w said:
randomation":iwl05l0w said:
SDHawk":iwl05l0w said:

Who do you think is in the market for OG? I don't see that happening based on the needs I see teams having.

NYG needs one, but not as bad as they need LB/DB help. They also pick at 12. They won't take him there.

NYJ also need one at 18. They also need WR and TE. Thinking Ebron goes here. If not, then Lee/Evans.

Miami needs one at 19. They desperately need an OT. If they do take Su'a-Filo here they are terminally stupid. Also means a good OT is falling to us.

San Diego at 25 needs one. But they also need CB and LB help more. Again not very likely

NE needs one at 29. But they need DL help more. Expect Hageman/Donald/Tuitt/Nix or something along those lines

That's pretty much our competition for early OG selection. The needs don't really align here and in particular the primary needs they do have -- there should be much more impact/attractive options available to fill those needs.

I agree, he probably goes in the 40-50 range though. When those teams roll around they'll be looking at OG more. If we do trade back 10 spots, we will risk going to plan B.
\

I thin NYG takes him at 12 have seen that projected on multiple sites or they trade down to the 20s and take him there I fully expect NYG to take him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tuitt is ok..He seems to take plays off..When not hurt...I'd rather take the transfer- Aaron Lynch that guy is a beast..Explosive...

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3jsnbuas said:
The idea of David Yankey playing left guard vs San Francisco scares the crap out of me.

In fact vs any NFC West team.

Natethegreat":3jsnbuas said:

Donald would have to play three technique. But that's OK, because he looks like a Geno Atkins clone.

A truly fantastic pass rusher. I'd walk over broken glass to get Donald, especially if they keep Bennett around.

I'm somewhat curious as to why you think that. . . I know you're hesitant of a Jonathan Martin repeat, but Yankey is a much stronger, more solidly built, and much more tenacious blocker than Martin ever was at Stanford.

NFL SI's latest mock draft also has David Yankey going to the Seahawks: http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/06/2014-nfl-m ... water-3/2/

[youtube]X4Rs5uG_3rU[/youtube]