Before game 6 Seahawks mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
Geno keeps looking like a top-10 QB in the NFL. Geno is 32 and Coach Carrol is 71, keeping Geno (if he continues balling out) gets us to a playoff window sooner than a 2023 QB would. So, I project signing him to a long-term contract after the season.

With that in mind, here is my Seahawks mock for the week.

1st round #10 - Florida State (OLB/DE) Jared Verse 6'4" 250 lbs.:
Verse may be the most explosive pass rusher in the draft. I looked at all the other big name pass rushers in this draft, and no one looks as explosive as Verse.

1st round #11 - Michigan (NT/DT) Mazi Smith 6'3" 325 lbs.: Smith is an impressive athlete for his size. He looked great against Indiana this past week; dude ran over two offensive linemen in one play.

2nd round #41 - Georgia (OC) Sedric Van Pran 6'4" 310 lbs.: Sedric is a red-shirt sophomore, but this is a weak interior offensive line class, so I think he will declare for the draft. Sedric along with our two young OTs and maybe a legit free agent OG and we could have a top-5 offensive line in the NFL next year.

2nd round #42 - Michigan (DE/DT/OLB) Mike Morris 6'6" 292 lbs.: Morris was a very disruptive player vs Indiana this past weekend. He has the arm length and strength to long arm and push OTs into the backfield. He looks fairly quick and athletic for his size. He put on about 15 - 20 pounds (good weight) this past off-season, so I think his upside is amazing as a 3-4 DE prospect. He would be a huge pass rushing upgrade as a 3-4 DE for us. Watch Michigan defense below. Morris is #90 and Mazi Smith is #58. They both stood out in this game.

3rd round #66 - North Carolina (ILB/OLB) Noah Taylor 6'5" 240 lbs.: Noah has that KJ Wright size and looks like a well-rounded LB. He can blitz and he can get interceptions.

4th round #102 - Louisville (SS) Kenderick Duncan 6'3" 225 lbs.: Duncan is a big man that can hit and is also nice in coverage. We need an enforcer on the defense, a guy that can bounce dudes out the club...Duncan is that guy.

5th round #134 - TCU (OLB/S/ILB/WR) Marcell Brooks 6'2" 210 lbs.: Brooks is a former 5-star recruit. He Played at LSU before transferring, he played some safety and OLB while he was there. Great athlete but hasn't maybe put in the work to be the best version of himself as a football player.

5th round #139 - Pittsburgh (RB) Israel Abanikanda 5'11" 215 lbs.: Israel has had a couple of amazing games this year. With Penny leaving, Israel would be a great 2nd string RB behind Walker.

6th round #166 - Coastal Carolina (QB) Grayson McCall 6'3" 205 lbs.: If we sign Geno to a long-term contract, then we can wait to the later rounds to bring in a project QB. So, McCall is the guy in this mock draft.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If we are drafting 18-23, I’m wanting Kelee Ringo. He and woolen would be the best CB combo in the league.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
If we are drafting 18-23, I’m wanting Kelee Ringo. He and woolen would be the best CB combo in the league.
A lot of draft guys consider Ringo CB #1. So they consider him a top-10 pick.

Our coaching staff has proven to find mid-round CBs to turn them into starters.

Here is alternative CB that our coaching staff can turn into a NFL stud... LSU CB Mekhi Garner 6'2" 215 lbs. He may find his way into the 1st round. But for now, I think he is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.

CPHawk

Reaction score
A lot of draft guys consider Ringo CB #1. So they consider him a top-10 pick.

Our coaching staff has proven to find mid-round CBs to turn them into starters.

Here is alternative CB that our coaching staff can turn into a NFL stud... LSU CB Mekhi Garner 6'2" 215 lbs. He may find his way into the 1st round. But for now, I think he is a 2nd or 3rd round prospect.

I’ve looked at a lot of mocks, and most have him mid 1 to even early second round.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I’ve looked at a lot of mocks, and most have him mid 1 to even early second round.
I've looked at a lot as well, and Ringo is the 1st CB off the board.

I'm not going to argue who is right or wrong. But Coach Carrol is a DB coach in his heart and has never drafted a CB in the first two rounds of the draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm high on Van Pran from what I've seen of him. Blythe is serviceable enough that center isn't the BIGGEST need, but Van Pran feels like a guy that could lock down the spot for 10 years and be solid.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Coach Carrol is a DB coach in his heart and has never drafted a CB in the first two rounds of the draft.

This, x1000000

I let out a chuckle and shake my head every single time I see a mock draft online or someone mentions the Hawks drafting a CB in the first round. It's like they never pay attention or even care to figure out it's just not happening under Carroll.

CPHawk

Reaction score
This, x1000000

I let out a chuckle and shake my head every single time I see a mock draft online or someone mentions the Hawks drafting a CB in the first round. It's like they never pay attention or even care to figure out it's just not happening under Carroll.
And how good was our CB play once Sherm left? It took until this year to find another stud. If we can have lock down CB on rookie deals, you do it. Stop waiting picks on Guards. Interior OL can be fixed through FA.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tre Brown returning will end the CB talk with his play
Hope so. We need it. Because the combo is really like to see us do, is Walker III with another stud RB. Maybe Charbonnet or Small.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
And how good was our CB play once Sherm left? It took until this year to find another stud. If we can have lock down CB on rookie deals, you do it. Stop waiting picks on Guards. Interior OL can be fixed through FA.
You're absolutely right in the fact that our CB play fell off after Sherman left, but once again that's not quite exactly how Carroll rolls. Are you arguing with me, or Carroll?

CPHawk

Reaction score
You're absolutely right in the fact that our CB play fell off after Sherman left, but once again that's not quite exactly how Carroll rolls. Are you arguing with me, or Carroll?
I’m not arguing with you. And honestly I bet Pete would have drafted someone if he had the draft capability he has now. But we waisted so many picks on trades, and missing on OL, that we couldn’t get a CB.

Seahawker

Reaction score
If the season ended today (10/30/22), #10 & #22.

MaryBuckner

Reaction score
Geno keeps looking like a top-10 QB in the NFL. Geno is 32 and Coach Carrol is 71, keeping Geno (if he continues balling out) gets us to a playoff window sooner than a 2023 QB would. So, I project signing him to a long-term contract after the season.

With that in mind, here is my Seahawks mock for the week.

1st round #10 - Florida State (OLB/DE) Jared Verse 6'4" 250 lbs.:
Verse may be the most explosive pass rusher in the draft. I looked at all the other big name pass rushers in this draft, and no one looks as explosive as Verse.

View attachment 55058

1st round #11 - Michigan (NT/DT) Mazi Smith 6'3" 325 lbs.: Smith is an impressive athlete for his size. He looked great against Indiana this past week; dude ran over two offensive linemen in one play.

2nd round #41 - Georgia (OC) Sedric Van Pran 6'4" 310 lbs.: Sedric is a red-shirt sophomore, but this is a weak interior offensive line class, so I think he will declare for the draft. Sedric along with our two young OTs and maybe a legit free agent OG and we could have a top-5 offensive line in the NFL next year.

View attachment 55059

2nd round #42 - Michigan (DE/DT/OLB) Mike Morris 6'6" 292 lbs.: Morris was a very disruptive player vs Indiana this past weekend. He has the arm length and strength to long arm and push OTs into the backfield. He looks fairly quick and athletic for his size. He put on about 15 - 20 pounds (good weight) this past off-season, so I think his upside is amazing as a 3-4 DE prospect. He would be a huge pass rushing upgrade as a 3-4 DE for us. Watch Michigan defense below. Morris is #90 and Mazi Smith is #58. They both stood out in this game.

3rd round #66 - North Carolina (ILB/OLB) Noah Taylor 6'5" 240 lbs.: Noah has that KJ Wright size and looks like a well-rounded LB. He can blitz and he can get interceptions.

4th round #102 - Louisville (SS) Kenderick Duncan 6'3" 225 lbs.: Duncan is a big man that can hit and is also nice in coverage. We need an enforcer on the defense, a guy that can bounce dudes out the club...Duncan is that guy.

5th round #134 - TCU (OLB/S/ILB/WR) Marcell Brooks 6'2" 210 lbs.: Brooks is a former 5-star recruit. He Played at LSU before transferring, he played some safety and OLB while he was there. Great athlete but hasn't maybe put in the work to be the best version of himself as a football player.

5th round #139 - Pittsburgh (RB) Israel Abanikanda 5'11" 215 lbs.: Israel has had a couple of amazing games this year. With Penny leaving, Israel would be a great 2nd string RB behind Walker.

6th round #166 - Coastal Carolina (QB) Grayson McCall 6'3" 205 lbs.: If we sign Geno to a long-term contract, then we can wait to the later rounds to bring in a project QB. So, McCall is the guy in this mock draft.

Ok I got it.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Ok I got it.
You really went back in time to respond to a post, especially considering you just joined this forum yesterday.

Not sure if you are trolling me or you are just new to debating people on topics.

cymatica

Reaction score
This, x1000000

And then Carroll continues the tradition of throwing a curve ball every draft