Steve Largent Hit - Entire Sequence

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":16izu0z8 said:
Sports Hernia":16izu0z8 said:
RiverDog":16izu0z8 said:
That play happened right in front of me, and I recognized the significance of it immediately. Hardin had knocked out Largent in their previous meeting that season, a hit over which he was fined. Largent had a great quote following the game, volunteering to pay him back his fine money.
Was at that game too, Like XLVIII, I can watch that play over and over and over again! :lol:

I was there too. I was SOOOOO drunk because it was one of the earlier presentations of a Sunday night game and we tailgated a few blocks from the stadium, watching both the day games in lawn chairs out of the back of a Suburban under a portable shelter. By the time we walked our way in I was literally cross-eyed drunk, but I remember just KILLING the Donks that night. The dome was just out of control after that hit.

We ended up passing out behind the Taco Bell on 4th because it was not safe to drive. I was on leave in the Navy through Xmas and even after getting back the guys in San Diego were talking about that Largent hit.

That was a fun year as I was able to watch the following Raiders game amongst 12s (crazy game) but the playoff game against Cincinnati was on New Years Eve. I was still vomit level hungover on the plane ride back to NTC San Diego 3 days later. Ahh.. the good ol' days.
Just imagine if Russell Wilson had a Steve Largent to throw too! :3:

RiverDog

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1vdvow14 said:
Sports Hernia":1vdvow14 said:
RiverDog":1vdvow14 said:
That play happened right in front of me, and I recognized the significance of it immediately. Hardin had knocked out Largent in their previous meeting that season, a hit over which he was fined. Largent had a great quote following the game, volunteering to pay him back his fine money.
Was at that game too, Like XLVIII, I can watch that play over and over and over again! :lol:

I was there too. I was SOOOOO drunk because it was one of the earlier presentations of a Sunday night game and we tailgated a few blocks from the stadium, watching both the day games in lawn chairs out of the back of a Suburban under a portable shelter. By the time we walked our way in I was literally cross-eyed drunk, but I remember just KILLING the Donks that night. The dome was just out of control after that hit.

We ended up passing out behind the Taco Bell on 4th because it was not safe to drive. I was on leave in the Navy through Xmas and even after getting back the guys in San Diego were talking about that Largent hit.

That was a fun year as I was able to watch the following Raiders game amongst 12s (crazy game) but the playoff game against Cincinnati was on New Years Eve. I was still vomit level hungover on the plane ride back to NTC San Diego 3 days later. Ahh.. the good ol' days.

I had a similar experience involving alcohol at that game. I was living in Moses Lake at the time and took a 'rooter bus' of sorts, a chartered bus sponsored by a local tavern, with 35-40 drunken middle age wanna bees. If you had your own game tickets, you could eat and drink as much beer and snacks you could get into your gullet. Fun experience. Time flied on that bus, it seemed like we got to our destination in no time.

But I was sober enough to clearly see that hit from my seat on the 300 level off about the 15 yard line. It happened right in front of us.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I remember that game, it was incredible. The Donks and Raiders were my most hated teams.

Some things never change:

Bad calls against the Hawks.

Crowd noise. Damn that was a lot of "bandwagon" fans yelling with the piped in crowd noise on those old videos !

Latest posts