STICKY:: Fire Bevell thread!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I have stayed pretty quiet about Bevell for the most part, but no other team I watched today had an OC as incompetent as him. We have a green OL, so I can understand not being able to go for the longer routes, but at least get a little creative with some short passes. Seems like he has about 10 plays he runns over and over, whether they are working or not. He is not even scheming to any of our strengths. Like someone else said earlier, we have to win in spite of him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Score 31 points and think it's the offense's fault...

oh 12's...

:roll:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3rmbqh8e said:
I have stayed pretty quiet about Bevell for the most part, but no other team I watched today had an OC as incompetent as him. We have a green OL, so I can understand not being able to go for the longer routes, but at least get a little creative with some short passes. Seems like he has about 10 plays he runns over and over, whether they are working or not. He is not even scheming to any of our strengths. Like someone else said earlier, we have to win in spite of him.

We run alot of the same route concepts its just they are usually ran out of a ton of different formations. So the Variety is in the formations not the routes themselves. Brock Huard has gone over this a couple times. Its like the defense. Not overly complicated and relies on players executing instead of fooling or tricking the other team.

Like Brock says

Players, Formations, Plays

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2vkmwjje said:

oh 12's...

LOL The offense did not score 31 points. The offense only scored 17 points. The offense only scored 1 TD. There were 3 field goals because again the O stalled time and again in the red zone. Yes some bad execution but some terrible play calling decisions.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
rainger":2sq076fj said:
SonicHawk":2sq076fj said:

oh 12's...

LOL The offense did not score 31 points. The offense only scored 17 points. The offense only scored 1 TD. There were 3 field goals because again the O stalled time and again in the red zone. Yes some bad execution but some terrible play calling decisions.
Did you really just bump your own thread?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bevell is a blockhead.

The league has figured him out. He is so obvious that a blind man could have a high % of figuring out what is coming next. Watch the % of empty backfield failures with a numerical superiority at the POA, he's just thick and uncreative.

The call in OT of the running play to Lynch should have been a PA situation or readopting for RW as the Rams were loading up to stop Lynch. It's almost as if he was trying to justify his dumb call in in XLIX by making this call when the whole western world knew what was coming.

Hopefully he will find a job somewhere else and the Hawks can find another OC. I'm for sure not a fan and think the team could do a whole lot better without him.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Chris Matthews was in for three offensive plays. Kearse was in for 76. Needing to get rid of the ball quick, Matthews would have made a better target and a better chance at having Russell give him a chance to make a play. Bevell's personnel use is horrible too. Instead of changing to something that might work, he plays guys that aren't producing all game long because they look better in practice. Smaller quicker guys give the Seahawks DBs more trouble than big wrs, so it's only natural that Kearse would look better in PRACTICE. Against the smaller Rams secondary, bigger receivers would probably be a better option.

I say let Russ call the plays for the first half and see what happens before letting Bevell call another play.

Please fire Befell.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I still feel like Wilson needs too much time to throw. He usually compensates for that by breaking out of the pocket but when you get paid like a franchise QB it's about time you learn to throw quicker (and definitely more accurate as well, I still wasn't fond of his accuracy).

Just saying it's not all Bevell's fault.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2ook7kgp said:
SonicHawk":2ook7kgp said:

oh 12's...

Get real....you know as well as anyone that Special teams scored in that game.

.........and our special teams gave up a TD as well.

The point is 31 pts should be enough to beat the Rams, especially when you're suppose to have a top 5 defense, #1 last year.

So if we're handing out blame for the loss, the defense IMO is far more culpable than the offense. The Rams have a good D, but their offense is hot garbage..........3rd string RB, terrible O-line, WR's no one's heard of other than Austin. How the hell do you give up 27 pts to them with almost a dozen plays over 20 yards?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sgt.....you won't get an argument out of me regarding the play of our Defense. We had a very sloppy Defense. We rarely have 34 points scored on us. Vegas lost money on our game...big time!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I think there's equal blame to go around. However, when it comes down to it, I expect more from the defense.

The defense gave up 27 points. They also scored 7 points with 2 turnovers.

The offense scored 17 points. Wilson's int gave the Rams an easy 3 points, though.

The defense gave up the last 3 points, but a ST blunder didn't help their cause and in the end the offense couldn't match the Rams offense.

Threedee

Reaction score
Seattle has struggled at short-yardage situations for some time. You all saw it in 2012 and 2013. I don't think that's ever been a result of Bevell. Sometimes he makes a craptastic call, such as the Super Bowl, and other times we see our FB or Lynch getting stuffed.