Stop blaming seabass

Atradees

Reaction score
New nickname. SeaTrash. he is missing a kick or extra point a game anyway. Theres guys out there.

OP
OP
S

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Hawkboi":2k5efkji said:
Can't Miss Important Extra points in games like this and Call Yourself a Pro Kicker... Not Acceptable!!! It cost us another game! If you have to blame anyone for this one... BLAME THE KICKER!!! :rumble:

So no blame to the coaches, Russ, missed tackles, penalties? U are solely blaming the loss on Our kicker??

hawks85

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":323lz3zk said:
Hawkboi":323lz3zk said:
Can't Miss Important Extra points in games like this and Call Yourself a Pro Kicker... Not Acceptable!!! It cost us another game! If you have to blame anyone for this one... BLAME THE KICKER!!! :rumble:

So no blame to the coaches, Russ, missed tackles, penalties? U are solely blaming the loss on Our kicker??
Yup, It wouldn't have mattered if the guy made the extra point. The penalties is nothing new for this team.

hawks85

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":21qyx6lq said:
hugecanoli":21qyx6lq said:
Stop blaming SeaCOW?

Are you kidding me? This was his effort the play after missing a PAT...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cjzer0/status/1074417948482256904[/tweet]

Screw this guy.

The guys old..imagine him making a tackle to a guy that’s running as fast as he could..could be done and dusted! Then it would be Blair Walsh time!

As I keep asking..you are solely putting this loss on him??
Look at the damn play. He could have went for his feet AT LEAST.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm not blaming him for this loss, but he has cost us a game or two before. Anybody suggesting this dude is a solid, cosistant kicker has not been paying attention this year. I am one who would like to see him gone next season.

OP
OP
S

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
hawker84":3lstroa5 said:
I'm not blaming him for this loss, but he has cost us a game or two before. Anybody suggesting this dude is a solid, cosistant kicker has not been paying attention this year. I am one who would like to see him gone next season.

I agree..but there were so many, more important, other factors that cost us this game. Please let there be a good Aussie kicker out there..somewhere!

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
What I'd like to know is, how do we start a professional football game, and play for 2 quarters before realizing that most of the team is wearing the wrong cleats? Seriously, isn't this the sort of thing you can figure out during pre-game warm-ups?

Arguably, this team gave up 14 points in part due to their poor footwear... Maybe I'm over-estimating the equipment manager and the function they perform... I'm guessing it's on the players, and if so, half our team was very unprepared come kick-off.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Got to make that XP. He makes it, Seattle wins because they are up 1 when time expires.
So they would have won inspite of sub par play and shitty officiating.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":16ptebks said:
What I'd like to know is, how do we start a professional football game, and play for 2 quarters before realizing that most of the team is wearing the wrong cleats? Seriously, isn't this the sort of thing you can figure out during pre-game warm-ups?

Arguably, this team gave up 14 points in part due to their poor footwear... Maybe I'm over-estimating the equipment manager and the function they perform... I'm guessing it's on the players, and if so, half our team was very unprepared come kick-off.
Agreed. What are the players doing during pre-game?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":2exaxotd said:
Easy scapegoat..how about the penalties, play calling, pass rush, RUSS, special team tackling/coverage! We had 3 more quarters to overcome that against one of the weakest teams in the nfl. Embarrassing effort today all round.

Why is RUSS in CAPS? Far from our problem today. Poor performance on first down plays and critical penalties EVERY time something positive happened in the second half. A Carroll team is not going to have any urgency to score. They are going to ‘run’ their offense for at least a half before making any kind of major adjustments. Russ doesn’t call the plays, however, I do wish he would point out to management that we should have beaten this team by multiple scores.

Sea bass. What the hell, bro? I know you’re 40, but if you don’t want to win—retire. Single most disgusting effort I’ve ever seen from a kicker on a live return. Didn’t I see Hauschka out there getting killed to help his team? I don’t blame him exclusively for this loss, but I won’t begrudge anyone who does. His lack of focus and effort early in the game, cost us.

And to the guy suggesting you go for two... I hate your post with a passion that burns deep inside. I find that post stupid. NEVER CHASE POINTS UNTIL YOU MUST. When would you have done this, sir, if you please. To make it 14-14 with more than half the game to go? And if you fail??? No. In the 4th to make it 24-20? Again no, and if you fail?

253hawk

Reaction score
That field is trash (how many times has that turf been replaced?) even when it's dry and missing a single XP shouldn't be the difference between beating or losing to a 3-10 team.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, instead of blaming the player, we should assign blame to the person who hired and kept him!

peppersjap

Reaction score
I've never seen a worse effort than the one that he had on the kick off return. At least stand in front of the guy and maybe slow him down. He is bigger than the guy returning the ball. Here's another idea, kick the ball out of the end zone. All I ever hear is about his huge leg yet he can't kick the ball in the end zone consistently. Huge mistake bringing him in this year.

potatohead

Reaction score
peppersjap":ch8d3na4 said:
I've never seen a worse effort than the one that he had on the kick off return. At least stand in front of the guy and maybe slow him down. He is bigger than the guy returning the ball. Here's another idea, kick the ball out of the end zone. All I ever hear is about his huge leg yet he can't kick the ball in the end zone consistently. Huge mistake bringing him in this year.

He could kick it through the back every time, when he doesn’t it’s strategy and the coaches tell him not to. Only wild card today was that there was also some wind.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread...

"This is a team game, right? So let's see... The defense allowed their offense to score 16 points. The offense made 4 touchdowns. Janikowski's inability to kick touchbacks allowed a kick return which his fat ass was unable to take advantage of his positioning to shove the returner out of bounds or at least slow him down, so he cost another 7 points. Janikowski's inability to make a routine PAT cost us another point, and if he had done either of those things right the game ends up 23-16, 24-16, or 24-23 at the end of regulation.

I'd say Janikowski cost us the damn game, no question about it."

Why in hell did we keep this old tub-o-lard and cut the other kicker we brought in to training camp? His age and weight is no excuse for his piss-poor performance. Would you like to see 59-year-old overweight handicapped me out there? No you wouldn't. Why should I give a pass to a dude who can't even find a damn uniform to fit himself because they don't make them that big???

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of blame to be shared by around on this clunker of a dismal show Lazy play, weak tackling, uneven effort, significant underperformance of several key players added to a total failure on the part of Seabass served up an ugly loss.

This player needs to be moved out at the end of the season. He is way too unreliable at a job that shouldn’t be that hard. I’d even be happy to see him gone before the end of the season, but that isn’t the MO of our FO. I;can’t see how anyone wouldn’t think a large plate of responsibility lays upon Janikowski, but it was a team effort, an ugly team effort.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Meh kickers are never great at tackling especially old ones. The game is not on him. Although in hindsight I do wish we kept Myers instead.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Yes, there were other things that contributed to this loss. However, with everything else that happened during regulation play, we win 21-20 had Seabass hit the extra point. Think about that. We scored 3 TD's in regulation but a missed xtra point is everything. So blame who you want but Seabass cost us big time in this one.

Msfann

Reaction score
GeekHawk":30af48wo said:
As I posted in another thread...

"This is a team game, right? So let's see... The defense allowed their offense to score 16 points. The offense made 4 touchdowns. Janikowski's inability to kick touchbacks allowed a kick return which his fat ass was unable to take advantage of his positioning to shove the returner out of bounds or at least slow him down, so he cost another 7 points. Janikowski's inability to make a routine PAT cost us another point, and if he had done either of those things right the game ends up 23-16, 24-16, or 24-23 at the end of regulation.

I'd say Janikowski cost us the damn game, no question about it."

Why in hell did we keep this old tub-o-lard and cut the other kicker we brought in to training camp? His age and weight is no excuse for his piss-poor performance. Would you like to see 59-year-old overweight handicapped me out there? No you wouldn't. Why should I give a pass to a dude who can't even find a damn uniform to fit himself because they don't make them that big???
Very much this. If he doesn't have to play d because he's old he better not be missing kicks like this. He didn't need to Frank Clark the guy but maybe could have wrapped him up or at least give the guy a glancing blow.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors that could be blamed for the loss. Separately or collectively. SJ's failings would certainly qualify for blame, under any scenario.