Stop blaming seabass

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":29gjom7l said:
There are a lot of factors that could be blamed for the loss. Separately or collectively. SJ's failings would certainly qualify for blame, under any scenario.

Yep. Not all his fault, but Janikowski is definitely getting a share if we're handing out blame.

Next time dude, just lay on the ground and be a fat speed bump to at least slow down the KO returner.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1t2jafed said:
Hawkboi":1t2jafed said:
Can't Miss Important Extra points in games like this and Call Yourself a Pro Kicker... Not Acceptable!!! It cost us another game! If you have to blame anyone for this one... BLAME THE KICKER!!! :rumble:

Only two full-time kickers in the NFL have not missed an extra point - stop being emotional and admit it happens.

Not your place to tell people how to feel about it.

Not for the first time either

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":3igqvmvh said:
There are a lot of factors that could be blamed for the loss. Separately or collectively. SJ's failings would certainly qualify for blame, under any scenario.

Simple as, really

Seymour

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":t6xcldpg said:
Seymour":t6xcldpg said:
Make an attempt at a flippin tackle on the kick return, then pop off. :177692:

That was a whole new degree of shitty effort for 7.

Do you really expect an aging kicker to stop a Punt Returner? No one was able to stop Wags on his Interception last week.

I expect an effort!!! :pukeface:

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":so4ssnuk said:
Bigpumpkin":so4ssnuk said:
Seymour":so4ssnuk said:

Do you really expect an aging kicker to stop a Punt Returner? No one was able to stop Wags on his Interception last week.

Watch for that play to show up on C'mon Man! tonight. Either that or You Had One Job.

I'd bet money that they will ROAST him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":24pqqv3g said:
Bigpumpkin":24pqqv3g said:
Seymour":24pqqv3g said:

From a 43 year old morbidly obese apathetic unathletic kicker? You're asking a lot.

How bout just kick it in the damn end zone and stop trying to get cute with the short kickoffs that at best result in the opposition starting on their 20 instead of the 25.

Chapow

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2e2jrvks said:
Meh kickers are never great at tackling especially old ones. The game is not on him. Although in hindsight I do wish we kept Myers instead.

Me too.

Funny thing though, Myers missed 2 PAT's this weekend.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2eqoo1yl said:
Seymour":2eqoo1yl said:
Bigpumpkin":2eqoo1yl said:
Seymour":2eqoo1yl said:

From a 43 year old morbidly obese apathetic unathletic kicker? You're asking a lot.

How bout just kick it in the damn end zone and stop trying to get cute with the short kickoffs that at best result in the opposition starting on their 20 instead of the 25.

Come on man!!

The guy earns $100,000 per game to play 16 games and make a few kicks per year!!

We've all seem Hauschka and Ryan get destroyed "tryin". :177692:

Making a tackle attempt is not asking too much when you consider the pay they collect for what is asked of them.

But yes....kick it out even better.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Chapow":e4iu2ipj said:
Cyrus12":e4iu2ipj said:
Meh kickers are never great at tackling especially old ones. The game is not on him. Although in hindsight I do wish we kept Myers instead.

Me too.

Funny thing though, Myers missed 2 PAT's this weekend.

I'm getting to the point of almost routinely expecting kickers (across the league) to miss XPs. I might be incorrect but my perception is that it seems to happen in every game I watch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":23pwpf4r said:
We've all seem Hauschka and Ryan get destroyed "tryin". :177692: .

That's my point, unfortunately that was "tryin" for a 43 year old morbidly obese kicker.

But yeah, at least lay down on the ground and be a speed bump or something.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qva2kwe2 said:
Seymour":qva2kwe2 said:

That's my point, unfortunately that was "tryin" for a 43 year old morbidly obese kicker.

That is what I'm talkin about Willis!!

He could have let off a well timed fart and done more altering the path to 7 points. :shock:

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":4r27taiq said:
Sgt. Largent":4r27taiq said:
Seymour":4r27taiq said:

That is what I'm talkin about Willis!!

He could have let off a well timed fart and done more altering the path to 7 points. :shock:

I'll bet that big man can do some serious damage with a fart.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
When you're down by two you go for two. Why did we kick the extra point on the second touchdown only to be down 14-13....lot's of blame to go around.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":125kg0fx said:
When you're down by two you go for two. Why did we kick the extra point on the second touchdown only to be down 14-13....lot's of blame to go around.

Cause the analytics say early in games it's better to go for one than risk continuing to chase those two points the rest of the game by failing.

Late in the game? Yes, you go for two. But early the analytics say just kick the one.

Shocking part was Pete actually going by the logical analytics, rather than his usually terrible "gut" calls that make no sense.

Seahawk

Reaction score
He doesn't need to hit the returner, but he could have at least tried to push him out of bounds as he ran by.

Seymour

Reaction score
So now our new kicker cannot kick onside kicks, cannot and will not even attempt a tackle, yet he "always competes"?
Sounds like someone that competes against us to me. :roll: :34853_doh:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, let's say that was on a punt, you can guarantee Dickson would have lit him up. Or at the minimum, did all he could. Shoot, kickers attempt to at least slow someone down all the time. They might look stupid trying, but they at least TRY.