Stupid sports media!

James in PA

Reaction score
I cannot believe this. I keep seeing these websites posting results that the Cleveland Browns just beat the 49ers. LOL. As if! How can all of them make such an egregious mistake?? We all know the 49ers are going undefeated. We know they have too many weapons, the most genius head coach in the league, and the best defense of all time. Plus, Brock Purdy is a perfect human being who is incapable of losing. Get your heads out of your asses ESPN. NFL.COM, etc and correct that score immediately!

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I cannot believe this. I keep seeing these websites posting results that the Cleveland Browns just beat the 49ers. LOL. As if! How can all of them make such an egregious mistake?? We all know the 49ers are going undefeated. We know they have too many weapons, the most genius head coach in the league, and the best defense of all time. Plus, Brock Purdy is a perfect human being who is incapable of losing. Get your heads out of your asses ESPN. NFL.COM, etc and correct that score immediately!
right?!

So glad SF lost today. So tired of the cinderella story and Purdy. F him and his first regular season loss. Keep it up.

And ya know, CMC was out - but it was inevitable the way they keep just grinding him. Didn't see the play or anything but not surprised.

49ers are mortal just like the rest of us.

Of course, if you watched the FOX pre game show - they had a straight faced non-tongue in cheek take that was JUST LIKE yours but they weren't kidding ;)

rjdriver

Reaction score
Purdy struggled in the rain for sure...

Also, Deebo was out in the first.

I'm used to the Niners getting all the calls, but on that last drive, the Browns were given two questionable flags that kept drives alive so you can't say they tried to steer the game for the Niners.

All this, and they were still in a position to win on the road with a very makeable kick.

I'm so happy they lost, but let's not pretend that they are all of sudden mediocre. They are a formidable team that will probably be in the NFCCG. I'd love to have a shot at them in the playoffs though.

Maulbert

Reaction score

I'm used to the Niners getting all the calls, but on that last drive, the Browns were given two questionable flags that kept drives alive so you can't say they tried to steer the game for the Niners.

All this, and they were still in a position to win on the road with a very makeable kick.

I'm so happy they lost, but let's not pretend that they are all of sudden mediocre. They are a formidable team that will probably be in the NFCCG. I'd love to have a shot at them in the playoffs though.
Bull. Both were good calls. Whiners need to suck it up.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
How serious is CMC's injury? Shanny will no doubt get his favorite toy killed sooner or later.

IndyHawk

Reaction score

Seems to me they tried to steer the game for Santa Clara and not just
a little.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/twitter-responds-strongly-referee-john-203919706.html

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Vegas trap game... so Purdy is human after all. Losing cmac would be a test. Eagles just lost to the Jets too.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Bull. Both were good calls. Whiners need to suck it up.
Says the blind man. If that was the Hawks you'd still be crying. Refs are terrible, these types of plays need to be allowed to be reviewed.

Torc

Reaction score
Says the blind man. If that was the Hawks you'd still be crying. Refs are terrible, these types of plays need to be allowed to be reviewed.
I agree the defensive holding call was ticky-tack. Jennings got the benefit of a defensive call on the next Whiners drive that was even less blatant. If you call one, you call both.

The unnecessary roughness.... Blandino is wrong. The actual rule reads:

illegally launching into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (i) leaves both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (ii) uses any part of his helmet to initiate forcible contact against any part of his opponent’s body. (This does not apply to contact against a runner, unless the runner is still considered to be a defenseless player, as defined in Article 7.)

The defender DID launch, both feet were off the ground. His helmet did make forcible contact with the receiver. Remember the rule (this is where Blandino was incorrect) reads ANY part of his helmet vs ANY part of the opponent's body. It does not have to be on the receiver's head and neck area.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
I agree the defensive holding call was ticky-tack. Jennings got the benefit of a defensive call on the next Whiners drive that was even less blatant. If you call one, you call both.

The unnecessary roughness.... Blandino is wrong. The actual rule reads:

The defender DID launch, both feet were off the ground. His helmet did make forcible contact with the receiver. Remember the rule (this is where Blandino was incorrect) reads ANY part of his helmet vs ANY part of the opponent's body. It does not have to be on the receiver's head and neck area.
Then explain how the defenders hands are between his head and receivers shoulder where he makes contact. Again if this was called on the Hawks it wouldn't even be questioned as yet another bad call.

Torc

Reaction score
Then explain how the defenders hands are between his head and receivers shoulder where he makes contact. Again if this was called on the Hawks it wouldn't even be questioned as yet another bad call.
To your earlier point, this is probably a call that should be reviewable. If you watch the video, the defender makes impact and his helmet moves in a way that clearly indicates the helmet impacts as well. Remember - ANY part of the helmet impacting ANY part of the receiver's body. The ref saw that helmet moving, had to make an immediate decision without the benefit of replay. Yes, you will find fans of every team arguing almost every call. That doesn't make it the wrong call.

I do admit some bias here - we lost a receiver to a concussion today on a similar hit (which WAS clearly helmet to helmet). Yes, I have "oooohhhed" to heavy hits while watching football. But the "going for the ESPN highlight reel" hits on a defenseless receiver who is still extended to catch the ball is not something I love and I would rather err on the side of preventing it rather than watch receivers take that kind of blow.

edit: the embedded video was blocked. I had the link set to start at 40 seconds into the video.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
To your earlier point, this is probably a call that should be reviewable. If you watch the video, the defender makes impact and his helmet moves in a way that clearly indicates the helmet impacts as well. Remember - ANY part of the helmet impacting ANY part of the receiver's body. The ref saw that helmet moving, had to make an immediate decision without the benefit of replay. Yes, you will find fans of every team arguing almost every call. That doesn't make it the wrong call.

I do admit some bias here - we lost a receiver to a concussion today on a similar hit (which WAS clearly helmet to helmet). Yes, I have "oooohhhed" to heavy hits while watching football. But the "going for the ESPN highlight reel" hits on a defenseless receiver who is still extended to catch the ball is not something I love and I would rather err on the side of preventing it rather than watch receivers take that kind of blow.

edit: the embedded video was blocked. I had the link set to start at 40 seconds into the video.

Just watched Giants get called for roughing the passer on a perfectly legal hit. Sorry I still believe refs are steering games both this hit and the 49ers hit were legal.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score

And you probably cheered when Cam hit Vernon Davis, yes your bias is showing.

Officiating in the NFL is atrocious. Look at Chiefs games. Until they make these types of calls reviewable and penalize refs fir bad calls its not going to change

Last edited:

Torc

Reaction score
1. Kam didn't use his helmet and didn't hit Davis' helmet. It was a hard hit with only the shoulder pads.
2. Kam was penalized.
3. I've been against this type of hit since Mike Harden knocked out Steve Largent.
4. I have a more important game to discuss. I'm out of this one.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
1. Kam didn't use his helmet and didn't hit Davis' helmet. It was a hard hit with only the shoulder pads.
2. Kam was penalized.
3. I've been against this type of hit since Mike Harden knocked out Steve Largent.
4. I have a more important game to discuss. I'm out of this one.
Just hope your vision is as equally bad when another bullsh*t calls goes against the Hawks.

JPatera76

Reaction score

Shoulder to chest... Legal. Kam was damn good at LEGAL hard hits.
Kam Shoulder.... still legal and KAM still owns his soul.

TODAY....
Illegal hit by Hamilton to Chris Moore, after he did the same hit earlier to the TE Whyle
Ejected. Then claimed it was bullshit.

Chrome capture 2023 9 15 2

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The hit by Kam was totally fine and legal..in fact Vernon was never the same after..think it rattled his spine. Davis was always scared to play against Kam.