Sunday - The Most Intense U.S. Major Sporting Event Ever?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is the biggest game in hawks history.

the superbowl XL refs unfortunately assured us of this by tainting that game and that championship game with their crappy calls. Not saying we should have won or anything, but even in a loss that game would have been the biggest as a superbowl if the refs hadn't admittedly altered the outcome.

seadoc30

Reaction score
My gosh!! It's huge.. I can't imagine what the players are going through. Maybe 49ers are a little relaxed because they have won a couple road games already and won't be hanged for losing (unless they get blown out again). On the other hand our Seahawks, losing a conference Championship game to an ultimate enemy at home will just be deadly.

blue 22

Reaction score
Actually the zack and ac slater fight was prob the most intense event ever.
[youtube]btULDES8NNM[/youtube]

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Meh. It's hard for me to get wrapped up in hyperbole. Will it be intense and loud? Absolutely!
Will it be The Most Intense U.S. Sporting Event Ever? I highly doubt it.

Already this year, we had The Most Important Regular Season Game In Seahawks History when the Digits visited.

And then we had it again when the Saints came to town.

One could make the argument (and many already have) that this Sunday's game will be the most intense game in Seahawks history, but we won't know that until after it has been played. Is the buildup intense? Sure. Will the game be more intense than the NFCCG after the 2005 season? Maybe. How about after the first ever playoff game against Denver in the Kingdome after the 1983 season? Again, maybe.

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":3kwk22i1 said:
Hagler Hearns fights, Frazier Ali fight although that was in Manila, Jets Colts Super Bowl, Namaths gaurentee and his swagger at the time was a first against the old school of the Colts and Unitas, granted its a dated reference also but for the era it was a big big thing. I would also day the Olympic Hockey team as well when they won and did the unthinkable ousting the Russians and Swedish teams if memory serves.

So right about the hype and build up / intensity between Hagler and Hearns (they fought once). But there was no real hatred between them, like we have with SF. Duran / Leonard 1 was also very anticipated and lots of hate there. Ali and Frazier fought 3 times, the last time was the thrilla in Manila.

I like your use of boxing analogies because as you suggest, it don't get much more intense than boxing. Consider the ugliness between Riddick Bowe and Andrew Golota and even better, the trilogy between Marco Antonio Barrera and Eric Morales. Pure hate, pure war. I was at all 3 fights and I'd never known such tension. To the point where it was sometimes uncomfortable..and probably unsafe. But I can't compare the Hawks / 9ers to those due to the fact the crowd was virtually split, that won't be the case Sunday (thank God) but based on tension alone, I think the MAB / Morales fight(s) compare(s) nicely.