Super Bowl XL was possibly fixed???

The Breh

Reaction score
What's the statue of limitations ?
Have 'em trot out there and run it back Roj.

Seymour

Reaction score
T-Hawk":v16ah2jn said:
fenderbender123":v16ah2jn said:
Exactly....why was he a coach and then a GM and now a commentator for so long if he thought the game was rigged? And how many other players and coaches and officials and league management and personnel etc do you have to keep quiet over the course of multiple decades? Plus there are the millions of fans who are watching for anything suspicious as well...You'd think they would be able to find something more than circumstantial evidence to be able to prove it if it was.

It doesn't have to be a league wide conspiracy for that game to be rigged though. It could be just 1 ref whose gambling on games. This was literally happening in the NBA at the same time as XL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_betting_scandal

This.
Sad someone needs to point out the most obvious scenario that is by far the most likely as well. Could even be just getting paid to make some bad calls to keep scores within certain parameters. Could be pay, job, favor ect. that is his motive beyond he is just betting on the games.

chris98251

Reaction score
One NBA Ref was steering games, you don't need a whole crew of NFL officials to steer just one to make calls at crucial times, like first drives to keep things from getting out of hand and judgement calls like QB sneaks and breaking the plain of the goal line, throw in some drive stalling phantom, holds and the phantom Horse collar on Hass to make sure the game is put away.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Seymour":1dozqjfv said:
T-Hawk":1dozqjfv said:
fenderbender123":1dozqjfv said:
Exactly....why was he a coach and then a GM and now a commentator for so long if he thought the game was rigged? And how many other players and coaches and officials and league management and personnel etc do you have to keep quiet over the course of multiple decades? Plus there are the millions of fans who are watching for anything suspicious as well...You'd think they would be able to find something more than circumstantial evidence to be able to prove it if it was.

It doesn't have to be a league wide conspiracy for that game to be rigged though. It could be just 1 ref whose gambling on games. This was literally happening in the NBA at the same time as XL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_betting_scandal

This.
Sad someone needs to point out the most obvious scenario that is by far the most likely as well. Could even be just getting paid to make some bad calls to keep scores within certain parameters. Could be pay, job, favor ect. that is his motive beyond he is just betting on the games.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

We'll see what happens.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3r8s5i1b said:
One NBA Ref was steering games, you don't need a whole crew of NFL officials to steer just one to make calls at crucial times, like first drives to keep things from getting out of hand and judgement calls like QB sneaks and breaking the plain of the goal line, throw in some drive stalling phantom, holds and the phantom Horse collar on Hass to make sure the game is put away.
:2thumbs: This...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I said you guys are right!!! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?!?!??!?!!

8)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1zgzk95v said:

Holmgren isn't stupid, he KNOWS that after all is said and done?, he would be perceived a sniveler, and "Pissing In The Wind".
He also KNOWS that NOTHING will ever be done to rectify that shit-show...What Bill Levy admitted to is VERY telling.
I think that the screw job that was dealt to the NO Saints dredged up some obvious facts, facts that show "Favoritism" and "steering" is alive and well in the NFL.
You'd have to be dumber than a box of frog shit NOT to have recognized the CROOKED Officiating and game steering on that PI play...Sickening. :pukeface:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1v9zvex7 said:
fenderbender123":1v9zvex7 said:

Holmgren isn't stupid, he KNOWS that after all is said and done?, he would be perceived a sniveler, and "Pissing In The Wind".
He also KNOWS that NOTHING will ever be done to rectify that shit-show...What Bill Levy admitted to is VERY telling.
I think that the screw job that was dealt to the NO Saints dredged up some obvious facts, facts that show "Favoritism" and "steering" is alive and well in the NFL.
You'd have to be dumber than a box of frog shit NOT to have recognized the CROOKED Officiating and game steering on that PI play...Sickening. :pukeface:

Who knows what Holmgren really thinks?

I think you're overreacting a bit. It's entirely possible that Leavy did it on purpose. But in my book you are innocent until proven guilty.

knownone

Reaction score
The Breh":39a5ds9e said:
What's the statue of limitations ?
Have 'em trot out there and run it back Roj.
Legally speaking the statute of limitations doesn’t start until the victim(s) find out...

Sign me up for a rematch.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
To be clear, there is a difference between one guy influencing the game and the game itself being "rigged" or "fixed" like WWE.

IMO there is no way it was rigged or fixed. There is a chance that Leavy did some bad things to influence the game, but still a small chance. Will be interesting to hear more.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I was hoping for more of a "smoking gun" type deal. But it's just a guy who works in the gambling industry connecting the dots with the information he has, what he's seen. It was interesting though. :?

I absolutely believe something shady happened, 100%. I just wish we'd get some solid evidence one day.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":34for7cn said:
bmorepunk":34for7cn said:
HawkGA":34for7cn said:
bmorepunk":34for7cn said:
I've asked this before, but why would a Seahawks fan who believes that the NFL is deliberately picking the winners of games and telling the officials to make that happen (and specifically in this case, did that in a Super Bowl), continue to watch the games? That is some irrational behavior, right up there with staying with your significant other who is abusing you.

The allegation here isn't that the NFL rigged it. It's that a particular ref did. That's not the same level of screw job as having the entire NFL being behind fixing games.

Also, there is a big difference between a the NFL nudging certain outcomes and going full WWE level of scripting.

One final point. If the NFL was going to script or nudge, it's likely they would do so prior to the Super Bowl to set the teams rather than actually care who won the actual game.

Okay, I'll bring it back to just the individual ref situation and just assume it's a bad actor during one event. This seems really unlikely with the likely explanation just being human error, but that's reasonably possible.

I've never been down with the "script/nudge" theories. It's too big of a conspiracy to keep under wraps with everybody involved. There would be over 100 officials and a bunch of NFL staffers involved.
It's called racketeering.

You're accusing over 120 individuals whose professionals are school principals and teachers, federal agents, attorneys, judges, software engineers, sales guys, athletic directors, accountants, airline pilots, small business owners, operations managers, insurance agents, environmental engineers, probation officers, electrical engineers, college professors, investment brokers, internal auditors, financial advisors, IT managers, law enforcement officers, carpenters and foremen, public accountants, realtors, physical education teachers and coaches, plant managers, defense contractors, bankers, systems engineers, firefighters, and other jobs as being party to a criminal conspiracy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2whwdx9j said:
scutterhawk":2whwdx9j said:
bmorepunk":2whwdx9j said:
HawkGA":2whwdx9j said:
The allegation here isn't that the NFL rigged it. It's that a particular ref did. That's not the same level of screw job as having the entire NFL being behind fixing games.

Also, there is a big difference between a the NFL nudging certain outcomes and going full WWE level of scripting.

One final point. If the NFL was going to script or nudge, it's likely they would do so prior to the Super Bowl to set the teams rather than actually care who won the actual game.

Okay, I'll bring it back to just the individual ref situation and just assume it's a bad actor during one event. This seems really unlikely with the likely explanation just being human error, but that's reasonably possible.

I've never been down with the "script/nudge" theories. It's too big of a conspiracy to keep under wraps with everybody involved. There would be over 100 officials and a bunch of NFL staffers involved.

You're accusing over 120 individuals whose professionals are school principals and teachers, federal agents, attorneys, judges, software engineers, sales guys, athletic directors, accountants, airline pilots, small business owners, operations managers, insurance agents, environmental engineers, probation officers, electrical engineers, college professors, investment brokers, internal auditors, financial advisors, IT managers, law enforcement officers, carpenters and foremen, public accountants, realtors, physical education teachers and coaches, plant managers, defense contractors, bankers, systems engineers, firefighters, and other jobs as being party to a criminal conspiracy.
Only one official has to be involved. See Leavy.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I really want to go full tin-foil here. Super Bowl XL was one of the worst officiated games that I have ever seen. Between statements made by Levy afterwards, and the negligent levels of incompetency by the refs it is hard not to think about a fix. Despite all of that it is very important to remember the words of Carl Sagan: "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1tz3ppn5 said:
bmorepunk":1tz3ppn5 said:
scutterhawk":1tz3ppn5 said:
bmorepunk":1tz3ppn5 said:

We were talking about "script/nudge" in the current NFL, not a single official from before the iPhone existed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bmorepunk":fpkjl7bd said:
Sports Hernia":fpkjl7bd said:
bmorepunk":fpkjl7bd said:
scutterhawk":fpkjl7bd said:

We were talking about "script/nudge" in the current NFL, not a single official from before the iPhone existed.
Not everyone needs to be know about a “script/nudge” for
It to be pulled off.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
So the NFL has picked certain officials on certain crews to do this and the other officials don't know about it?