Takeways from this Cardinals / Rams game

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3pp1lfkc said:
Where is the St Louis team that always gives us fits?

Where are the trick plays and fake punts?

Where is the Rams team that won by a combined 76-0 the last two weeks?

FRUSTRATING.
I know , right!!! What a bunch of pricks!! You know they will give us their best,,last game of the season too. Where was that tonight??!!!!

AgentDib

Reaction score
You guys are pretty harsh, I would think Hawks fans would be able to appreciate good defense. That was bad QB play on both sides of the ball, but at least partly because the defenses were making the inexperienced QBs extremely uncomfortable. Also, the Shaun Hill long completion/duck was one of the funniest things I have seen this year.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Both of theose teams have very good defenses but have basically no offense to go with it. Other than some flukish thing happening we should be able to take care of business.

IT will be huge for the Hawks to get some points early in each game so the opposing offense has to try to catch up. Also Fisher will try to pull a fasty on us at some point so we will need to be extra sharp.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks46":2jubo1su said:

The Rams ? What a joke. Fisher is seriously pissing me off. He brings out hte most creative trick plays drawn up in history against us, and craps the bed against the Cards. Seriously, it's almost like he lost this game on purpose to troll us. Pete needs to get a serious hate-on for this guy.

Pete needs to NOT be outcoached by this guy every freaking time the Hawks play in St. Louis, pure and simple.
2 years ago the Hawks fell for the fake FG. Last year they killed us with their pass rush and Bevell (and by extension Pete) were unable to make any decent in game adjustments.
As for this year, mis-directed punt that went for a TD, fake punt that cost us a chance to drive for a win, etc., etc........This year was the all-time worst for Pete against Fisher, and it might well cost the team the #1 seed.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2topnnim said:
Hawks46":2topnnim said:

The Rams ? What a joke. Fisher is seriously pissing me off. He brings out hte most creative trick plays drawn up in history against us, and craps the bed against the Cards. Seriously, it's almost like he lost this game on purpose to troll us. Pete needs to get a serious hate-on for this guy.

Pete needs to NOT be outcoached by this guy every freaking time the Hawks play in St. Louis, pure and simple.
2 years ago the Hawks fell for the fake FG. Last year they killed us with their pass rush and Bevell (and by extension Pete) were unable to make any decent in game adjustments.
As for this year, mis-directed punt that went for a TD, fake punt that cost us a chance to drive for a win, etc., etc........This year was the all-time worst for Pete against Fisher, and it might well cost the team the #1 seed.

Valid point, but the question remains: Why does Fisher pull out a magical playbook against the hawks, but play extremely vanilla in this game?

That Rams team and Fisher was flat as a pancake last night.

You never see that when Seattle comes to town.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I almost want to beleive they did this just to spit on us... the ol' "we're not doing your work for you"
wth?
I hope the horned sheep are jinxed for this crap and go 2-14 the next 10 seasons you stinking rats!!

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Actually, I am glad it went the way it did, I think the Hawks play best in the biggest moments, having to go to AZ and win works for us....I believe it helps this team build the "We all we got, we all we need" attitude that is going to ignite our run deep in the playoffs! :49ersmall:

edogg23

Reaction score
I am going to go bat ### crazy if Bevell is not ready for the cardinals blitzing this time. It's pretty much all they do. If you are prepared for it, it should lead to plenty of big play potential.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
1. The Rams blew their wad the last two weeks and are out of gas. There's no way they are beating us in Seattle. That game will look a lot like last year's week 17 game against the Rams - undisciplined with tempers flaring after another long season of disappointment and losing record. Shaun Hill isn't winning a game at the clink. By the end of yesterday's game as Salk pointed out today, he couldn't even heave a bomb at the end of the game. That team looks done for the year.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time Lindley played a significant amount of snaps for the Cards, we beat them 58-0. Granted that was in Seattle. Next week @Arizona we could be looking at a 12-6 type game because that defense is really really good. That'll be a game where we are going to have to play conservatively and play field position, and let the difference be their inability at QB to break the game open for us. Their running game up the middle is looking better right now, hopefully the Seahawks have an answer there with Mebane out. His absence didn't show much vs. Philly because they like to run outside anyways.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ax730ke said:

FRUSTRATING.
I swear, Fisher lives to screw the Seahawks directly and indirectly as often as possible. That's what it seems like.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1y4dx66j said:
Hawkpower":1y4dx66j said:

FRUSTRATING.
I swear, Fisher lives to screw the Seahawks directly and indirectly as often as possible. That's what it seems like.

Well I don't think Arians is close with him either. "One is 11-3, the other is always 8-8" LOL.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
My takeaway? Two stout defensive lines that will be a real test for our shaky but improving O-line. I think we will see whether I am right about the overall improvement in the O-line. Az and SL are going to be relentless in bringing the pressure, blitzing, and generally harrasing Wilson. That is what they are built for, what they are good at, and it is probably their only chance to beat us.

Neither of them has a secondary that makes me particularly worried, but do we have the receivers to make them pay when they sell out on the pressure? :229031_banghead:

I expect to see a lot of Lynch/ Turbin hammering into an inside zone block wall early in the game with an occasional screen or, God forbid, slant. Per usual, we will probe with some bootleg/ scrambling reads. I would love to see a couple of Richardson and Baldwin go routes early on to take some of the pressure off, but I doubt Bevell/ Carrol agree with me on that. Instead, we will line up, see how they respond, and use that response for solid drives later in the game.

As the game progresses into the late second to mid third quarter, we should see the play action/ read option open up a little although I don't see Russ having a huge game on the ground against either of the teams if we want to keep him healthy. Moeaki will get involved with some chip and release routes after being mostly protection in the first quarter. We will continue to rely on YAC for production.

Late in the game their defenses will be gassed and we will start sending the running back by committee at them and grind out the clock. If we are behind at this point, we will see one or two long drives, with some 10ish yard passes, designed to score.

Defensively, we do what we do. Expect them to get some mid-range drive-extending passes, but mostly short drives and 3 and outs unless we bone it and give them short fields to work with.

Unlike last year, special teams is an area where these two teams can take advantage of us. If we play like we should, we win the field position and special teams battles, but we sure have had some miscues the last couple of weeks. I don't expect any big returns against the Rams as I truly believe Carrol will make damn sure that Fisher doesn't catch us by surprise again.

Steve Money Hauschka will keep us in these games.

Lynch ends up in the 80-110 yard range depending on his late game useage and Russ ends up with 200 and change through the air and 30ish on the ground.

We win each game by 13-17 points.

- bsd

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1upzlq1b said:
Where are the trick plays and fake punts?.

Exactly, wtf Fisher? Why do you have no problem gambling 10 times a game on fake punts, punt returns and going for it a bunch of times against us and decide to kick a FG on 4th and 1 from the goal line?

Whatever, I can't imagine losing to either of these teams. Two of the worst offenses I've seen in a LONG time.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Whew where to start.

When we lost at home to SF earlier this year, I was done with Fisher. When we beat Seattle, and then SF on the road, it didn't buy any goodwill back (I expect to go 3-3 in the division, and both of those wins were a bit fluky).

When we dominated the Broncos, it bought that goodwill back. The 76-0 two games; further bought good will - a hall mark of the recent Rams is losing games we should win. The loss to this Cardinal team destroyed all that good will.

I hate the Seahawks. HATE. But I never expect to win at Seattle. So please blow us out. Make us look terrible.

Because as usual, Fisher has done just enough good this year not to get fired. But if you embarrass us, maybe our owner will see that he needs to go. Actually let me back up, I'd give Fisher one more year if he would change his offensive philosophy, but considering it's been the same for the past 20 years, I don't see that happening. There is no way our offense should have been that bad against the 17th....SEVENTEENTH ranked defense. I get it...they don't give up a lot of points. But yards are used as the primary ranking for a reason - it illustrates how often your guys win from play to play. And their 27th....TWENTY SEVENTH ranked pass defense indicates that they've gotten destroyed from week to week through the air....and then tighten up in the redzone or get a turnover.

You want Fisher gone...and I want Fisher gone. Let's make it happen.

We probably didn't do a bunch of fakes on Arizona because we should have been able to beat them straight up. We wouldn't have beaten Seattle straight up and we all know that.

Latest posts