From the Broncos forums any of this sound familiar??

Rainger

Reaction score

Denver got fleeced​

Today, 10:26 PM

We got fleeced by Seattle.

This may go down worse than the Herschel Walker trade.

Russell Wilson is washed up. He is more concerned with his image and tweeting garbage on his social media than he is playing QB for us. He played us. He got his big payday. We can move off him but the cap hit will be brutal.

The O-Line is atrocious and went unaddressed. We signed a few past their prime lineman but that didn’t resolve our issues. Billy Turner hasn’t played much. Bolles got injured and while you can’t account for all injuries, the Broncos haven’t put any reliable depth behind their starters to hold the fort down.

The ineptitude from the past front offices and head coaches is biting us right now.

George Paton is too in love with his former past their prime players from Minnesota.

Hackett is as useless as his father was. His father was never a “legend” like some in the media claim. Nathaniel is completely out of his league. Most of the personnel in the front office from the past are way too comfortable with their jobs.

The receiving corp is lackluster. A big overreach on Jerry Jeudy. In my opinion he’s a lot like Russ. Too concerned with running his mouth on social media at Shannon Sharpe and too in love with his image rather than focusing on his route running and holding on to the ball. Courtland is a disappointment this year. Tim Patrick wasn’t even our best WR but we miss him badly.

They need to fire Paton and Hackett yesterday. Paton isn’t the genius everyone thought. He’s inept and incompetent.

Our strength and conditioning coaches are terrible. We’re continually bitten by the injury bug year after year after year. You can only say it’s bad luck for so long and then you have to look at what the S&C coaches are or aren’t doing. Hydration, stretching, strengthening, conditioning, injury prevention.

Scouting is dismal.

There will be many more dark years here until this organization gets cleaned out from the top down.
Last edited by Safety; Today, 10:35 PM.
Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs SaluteSalute

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds totally familiar :)

One bright spot: Denver has a lights-out defense, easily top 10, maybe top 5. Every game for them has been close. If Russ is who they thought he was (and Hackett too) they could easily be 5-0.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd guess fired for not being able to properly manage the damage on the Bronco's forums...
John63 is Russell Wilson's personal Gisele Bundchen, "My husband can't f*cking throw and catch the ball at the same time"
Well, Like Gisele, John63 may well be contemplating a divorce from his longtime object of affection. I'm sure it was a beautiful relationship while it lasted.

JPatera76

Reaction score

He must not have seen too many Seahawks games while we had Russ

I would reply to Tyler polumbus with

“More talent, better protection, and MORE CONTROL ON OFFENSE”

Everyone’s so quick to bash Hackett because why? He’s a 1st yr coach. I think it’s 25/75. 25% Hackett and 75% Russell. Russ cannot and hasn’t successfully either audibled or adjusted to defenses in his career. His trends that are biting him were the same one here that well.. Pete/Waldron/Shotty/Bevell geniusly hid this until defenses realized… 2 high Safety. That ls why the offense rarely looked different with different OCs they all had to eventually just work within either Russells limitations or stubbornness.

I mean for **** sakes Russell also has his own office at the Broncos facility .. The dude has a bit more control I believe than people realize. It’s definitely a player ran team with a “coach/player equal input” on plays but Russell isn’t choosing the right ones and he’s learning there’s a reason why people are paid to do the CERTAIN jobs they do. They aren’t paid the millions to be the QB, we, te, etc etc. And he’s surely not paid millions to be the Defense Coordinator to yell pass or run on the sidelines or the Offensive Coordinator to draw up plays for his whole offense.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
I would reply to Tyler polumbus with

“More talent, better protection, and MORE CONTROL ON OFFENSE”

Everyone’s so quick to bash Hackett because why? He’s a 1st yr coach. I think it’s 25/75. 25% Hackett and 75% Russell. Russ cannot and hasn’t successfully either audibled or adjusted to defenses in his career. His trends that are biting him were the same one here that well.. Pete/Waldron/Shotty/Bevell geniusly his until defenses realized… 2 high Safety. That ls why the offense rarely looked different with different OCs they all had to eventually just work within either Russells limitations or stubbornness.

I mean for **** sakes Russell also has his own office at the Broncos facility .. The dude has a bit more control I believe that’s people realize. It’s definitely a player ran team with a “coach/player equal input” on plays but Russell isn’t choosing the right ones and he’s learning there’s a reason why people are paid to do the CERTAIN jobs they do. They aren’t paid the millions to be the QB, we, te, etc etc. And he’s surely not paid millions to be the Defense Coordinator to yell pass or run on the sidelines or the Offensive Coordinator to draw up plays for his whole offense.
It would be an interesting experiment to see how the offense plays with their backup.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Denver got fleeced​

Today, 10:26 PM

We got fleeced by Seattle.

This may go down worse than the Herschel Walker trade.

Russell Wilson is washed up. He is more concerned with his image and tweeting garbage on his social media than he is playing QB for us. He played us. He got his big payday. We can move off him but the cap hit will be brutal.

The O-Line is atrocious and went unaddressed. We signed a few past their prime lineman but that didn’t resolve our issues. Billy Turner hasn’t played much. Bolles got injured and while you can’t account for all injuries, the Broncos haven’t put any reliable depth behind their starters to hold the fort down.

The ineptitude from the past front offices and head coaches is biting us right now.

George Paton is too in love with his former past their prime players from Minnesota.

Hackett is as useless as his father was. His father was never a “legend” like some in the media claim. Nathaniel is completely out of his league. Most of the personnel in the front office from the past are way too comfortable with their jobs.

The receiving corp is lackluster. A big overreach on Jerry Jeudy. In my opinion he’s a lot like Russ. Too concerned with running his mouth on social media at Shannon Sharpe and too in love with his image rather than focusing on his route running and holding on to the ball. Courtland is a disappointment this year. Tim Patrick wasn’t even our best WR but we miss him badly.

They need to fire Paton and Hackett yesterday. Paton isn’t the genius everyone thought. He’s inept and incompetent.

Our strength and conditioning coaches are terrible. We’re continually bitten by the injury bug year after year after year. You can only say it’s bad luck for so long and then you have to look at what the S&C coaches are or aren’t doing. Hydration, stretching, strengthening, conditioning, injury prevention.

Scouting is dismal.

There will be many more dark years here until this organization gets cleaned out from the top down.
Last edited by Safety; Today, 10:35 PM.
Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs View attachment 55220View attachment 55221

Does .NET denizen "Failed" (with an "I" and a big fat "L" for Wilson against the Seahawks) have relatives in Colorado Bronco country?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Russ continues to live and die by the deep ball. When it works sometimes they score.

More often it leaves them behind the chains and often third and long.

Watching Denver brings back memories of all the three and outs over the years.

Our QB play this year is much more even and less boom or bust. It’s now easy to see that was RW all along. It’s even worse now that he’s lost a step.

Why did they give him that contract?

keasley45

Reaction score
It would be an interesting experiment to see how the offense plays with their backup.

Russ isn't going to let that happen. Even if the dude's leg fell off, he'd say he's good to play, carry it out there like a baseball bat and hit the football to his receivers... because he's an 'overcomer'.

His backup coming in and moving the offense even marginally better than he has would irreparably damage his legacy. He knew that last year and rushed back.

I dont want him to get hurt, but I would absokutley LOVE to see what the other guy can do. I'm betting Hackett would at this point as well.

keasley45

Reaction score
You could see them running some of the stuff Bevell and Schotty ran to get Russ on track early... the quick screens to the flats for example. But LA, after the first 3 or 4 were ready for it. And the PA stuff was pulled from Russ's book as well. Also didn't work but for once or twice.

He just can't run a traditional offense. He even still struggles to adjust protections. He got clobbered a few times for keeping with a play that was doomed to fail given the pressure that was obviously coming. But what did he do? Just hiked the ball and let free defenders come running right at him.

All too familiar. So nice to watch it from a distance and no longer be effected by it.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I wonder if Russ's shoulder injury is partly to blame. He was short on his deep balls last night and he passes were often late or just short of the receiver. That said, he never seemed to be on time with his throws in Seattle either but he could get the ball in the area.

It's funny to me that when he left for Denver the Donkey O-linemen said he wouldn't need to worry about being sacked. It seems he's taking more hits in Denver than he did in Seattle. Of course no one respects Denver's running game so far. Russ usually benefited from Seattle's running game.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
It's funny to me that when he left for Denver the Donkey O-linemen said he wouldn't need to worry about being sacked. It seems he's taking more hits in Denver than he did in Seattle. Of course no one respects Denver's running game so far. Russ usually benefited from Seattle's running game.

The Broncos' OL is now on track to allow 56 or 57 sacks this season.

I've been predicting here since June that by mid-season, talking-head mediots and Broncos fans would be wondering how and why the Broncos' offensive line had gotten so much worse so quickly.

Now I suspect they'll use Bolles's injury to sweep the r3al probl3m under the rug, if I ain't bein' too subtle (and I ain't). But I have noticed that some Broncos fans have been very critical of the offensive line so far this season.

Jac

Reaction score
Russ isn't going to let that happen. Even if the dude's leg fell off, he'd say he's good to play, carry it out there like a baseball bat and hit the football to his receivers... because he's an 'overcomer'.

His backup coming in and moving the offense even marginally better than he has would irreparably damage his legacy. He knew that last year and rushed back.

I dont want him to get hurt, but I would absokutley LOVE to see what the other guy can do. I'm betting Hackett would at this point as well.
The truly crazy part is that it wouldn't matter if the backup is superior because they're tied to that contract now. They have to find a way to make it work because they can't cut or move him. That probably means finding a new coach that will install Hero-Ball offense.