Talking heads

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Speaking of Watson, that's horrible news for the Texans. Sounds like he may have torn his ACL on a non-contact drill.

Seafan

Reaction score
They've come a long way from saying Russ was depending on his OL, RBs, and defense. Prisco still not giving him real praise.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's so hilarious how many people flat out refuse to give any credit, like it's personal. So corny.
Meh, I love it, the more they win, the more these idiots are suffering.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It's quite amazing what one week of football can do to make these talking heads change their tune. A week ago they'd of said the opposite. Sheesh.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":37sy9xxs said:
Scorpion05":37sy9xxs said:
That Bill O'Brien let us off the hook with conservative play calling, which is BS

I wouldn't say he "let us off the hook" per se. But all I'll say is I was fist pumping that they chose to run it 3 times up the middle instead of giving their white hot young QB the chance to win it right then and there. Terrible coaching imo.
This isn't XBox..You never pass with under 2 minutes on your own 30 yrd line where a pick is likely going to cost you the game.The Texans were up by more than a FG..Those 3 timeouts were gold but you still have to score to win.
I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

chris98251

Reaction score
BigMeach":1kc4hxk4 said:
It's quite amazing what one week of football can do to make these talking heads change their tune. A week ago they'd of said the opposite. Sheesh.

Why we use the term Mediots !

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3gho2jjz said:
Skip said if Russ wasn't QB, hawks would be bottom of league.

There are very few teams that this wouldn't apply to, lose your starting QB and you stink pretty damn fast.

None of these are going out on the opinion limb.

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1aghljf5 said:
Shanegotyou11":1aghljf5 said:

There are very few teams that this wouldn't apply to, lose your starting QB and you stink pretty damn fast.

I think this was understood as - if there was any other QB there they would be bottom. That probably excludes Cam Newton and Rodgers just from their ability to escape but most other QBs would be getting slaughtered behind our O-line

mikeak

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2x6kx1rh said:
therealjohncarlson":2x6kx1rh said:
Scorpion05":2x6kx1rh said:
That Bill O'Brien let us off the hook with conservative play calling, which is BS

I wouldn't say he "let us off the hook" per se. But all I'll say is I was fist pumping that they chose to run it 3 times up the middle instead of giving their white hot young QB the chance to win it right then and there. Terrible coaching imo.
This isn't XBox..You never pass with under 2 minutes on your own 30 yrd line where a pick is likely going to cost you the game.The Texans were up by more than a FG..Those 3 timeouts were gold but you still have to score to win.

People also don't realize how we were containing the edges for a Watson run. I stated it a few times in other places but Bennett laying on the ground and getting his hand on the RBs shoe is in the end what saved the game or at least saved it from Houston running out the clock.

They had a huge hole, the field was wide-open, it would have been a first down there was no other defender close to him

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":37wabj4a said:
Sgt. Largent":37wabj4a said:
Shanegotyou11":37wabj4a said:

I think this was understood as - if there was any other QB there they would be bottom. That probably excludes Cam Newton and Rodgers just from their ability to escape but most other QBs would be getting slaughtered behind our O-line

Again, not exactly going out on a limb.

Not one of these opinions moves my outrage needle. We would stink without Russell, a pocket QB would be destroyed behind our O-line, and our D has been exposed as less than advertised in quite a few games now.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hawks46":3cm6otqj said:
Scorpion05":3cm6otqj said:

Pete Carroll had 3 timeouts. Even if Deshaun Watson does read option and takes off on 3rd down, our defense (if you look at our setup that play) was prepared for that possibility. You can see it in slow motion, we had 8 in the box prepared for a short run or pass play

Not to mention, even if that's converted, we likely get the ball back with a minute left once Pete uses the 3 timeouts

As for the comment about Russell, I totally agree in the sense that, even with a great defense we would be the Denver Broncos right now. Look at where they are with Trevor Siemian. You need a great QB, and our many comeback drives, magical plays, etc. should prove this. Yes we've had Beast Mode and the Legion, but we have an amazing QB and it's far past time for 98% of Hawks fans to get on board and acknowledge it. The same way other fans do for their elite Qbs

Having the success Russ has had with our O-line and running game struggles is the kind of thing only Aaron Rodgers can pull off

You seem to have things a bit mixed up. If Watson gets a 1st down via read option on that third down, we'd only have 1 time out left. Game would be over.

And O'Brien DID bail us out. We hadn't stopped Watson all game. A run/pass or read option would've gotten them 4 yards. We hadn't stopped that all day.

My apologies you are correct. I misremembered and got my facts wrong. For whatever reason I thought the last 3rd down play came after the 2 minute warning

That said looking at the film, I still say we stop them and get the ball back. We were prepared for a read option

capncrunch

Reaction score
I don't think the read option would have worked for Houston. We made a good stop on their last two drives and we're able to win. Other games we haven't and we lost. Nice to be at 5-2. Bring on the Skins!

NJlargent

Reaction score
mikeak":238zfayo said:
IndyHawk":238zfayo said:
therealjohncarlson":238zfayo said:
Scorpion05":238zfayo said:

People also don't realize how we were containing the edges for a Watson run. I stated it a few times in other places but Bennett laying on the ground and getting his hand on the RBs shoe is in the end what saved the game or at least saved it from Houston running out the clock.

They had a huge hole, the field was wide-open, it would have been a first down there was no other defender close to him

The Bennett tackle saved the game. He clearly had a big hole and full head of steam to get the first down. Probably the play of the game