Tariq Woolen, our 4.26sec CB

toffee

Reaction score
Tarig was a former WR convert to CB, he's 6’4″ and 210 pounds with 33 1/2″ arms and 9 1/8" hands. He looks a lot like a young Sherman. But no, Sherm never ran 4.26, Tarig ran 4.2 in practice so 4.26 was somewhat of a disappointment. oh his vertical jump was 42". Let's hope Carroll's magic works on Tarig.

Own The West

Reaction score
I hope the lights come on for him sooner than later. AJ Green is 6'4", Jennings 6'3", the Rams are all 6'1" or 2. It'd be great to have him on the outside with Jones or Burns, and then Brown can take their shifty slot guys...

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I hope the lights come on for him sooner than later. AJ Green is 6'4", Jennings 6'3", the Rams are all 6'1" or 2. It'd be great to have him on the outside with Jones or Burns, and then Brown can take their shifty slot guys...
Sounds like you think Bryant will be an easy out. I think he will be a factor. Maybe a prime factor. But, I have high hopes for Woolen coming on strong a little later. Brown took a major injury. If and when he comes back all good he will be in there. I like our CB room.

Own The West

Reaction score
Sounds like you think Bryant will be an easy out. I think he will be a factor. Maybe a prime factor. But, I have high hopes for Woolen coming on strong a little later. Brown took a major injury. If and when he comes back all good he will be in there. I like our CB room.
I like our CB room too. I’m just looking at some of the big, physical WRs in our division and projecting Woolen as uniquely qualified to shut them down. He’s longer and faster than Hopkins and Samuel too!

BASF

Reaction score
Let's be honest, Sherman was Sherman because of his football IQ and being a film junky. I doubt we see another player that puts those two things together as well as Sherman did. I like what I have seen from Woolen, but it is a bit of a stretch to equate the two past physical traits.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Let's be honest, Sherman was Sherman because of his football IQ and being a film junky. I doubt we see another player that puts those two things together as well as Sherman did. I like what I have seen from Woolen, but it is a bit of a stretch to equate the two past physical traits.
Agree 100%.

Tre Flowers looked like Sherm from a distance too, but Tre ain't no Sherm. Woolen is a freak but could he develop into a lock down CB? who knows, but we can hope, can't we?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As a 5th round pick let us wait to see how quickly this player picks up what he needs to do on the mental side of playing CB. There w/o a doubt Sherm was superior and was able to use his elite length to play well.

I'm prepared to be patient here as athletically this player is off the charts. Let's see how quickly he gets things.

To me this was a great pick even if the player is still very raw and from a small school.

keasley45

Reaction score
This guy will be one of the big draft hits in the league this year. Book it.

Brown
Bryant
Coleman
Woolen

Adams
Diggs

Taylor
Mafe
Brooks
Nwosu

:love:

After this season and especially in a year or two from now, we're going to look back at that list and wonder how in the hell anyone could have thought we wouldn't be a dominant force again. Woolen will be a name to remember around here for a long time.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
This guy will be one of the big draft hits in the league this year. Book it.

Brown
Bryant
Coleman
Woolen

Adams
Diggs

Taylor
Mafe
Brooks
Nwosu

:love:

After this season and especially in a year or two from now, we're going to look back at that list and wonder how in the hell anyone could have thought we wouldn't be a dominant force again. Woolen will be a name to remember around here for a long time.
Right on brother!

keasley45

Reaction score

Great point. Looking forward to seeing how Sherm takes that knowledge and translates it to the broadcast booth.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Our 4.26 sec guy is ready to start and face Russell Wilson.

Rebounding from his shaky exhibition opener in the Steel City, Woolen didn't allow a reception on five coverage targets in Seattle's last two games against Chicago and Dallas. He also made strides finishing as a tackler, registering four stops without any missed tackles in the process.

Sports Illustrated: 'He Can Play': Pete Carroll Confident in Tariq Woolen's Readiness Heading Into Seahawks' Opener.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think a freaky tall, freaky fast CB is tailor made to cover RW3 deep balls. We may see more TW in game 1 just because of the opponent. ...pretty tough to rainbow-arch over 6'4", 4.2....

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I think a freaky tall, freaky fast CB is tailor made to cover RW3 deep balls. We may see more TW in game 1 just because of the opponent. ...pretty tough to rainbow-arch over 6'4", 4.2....
Didn't think of that, thanks for pointing out. Rainbow-arch by natural takes just that bit more time to get there, with 4.26sec speed, woolen might just be there to swap away the ball.

chrispy

Reaction score
Didn't think of that, thanks for pointing out. Rainbow-arch by natural takes just that bit more time to get there, with 4.26sec speed, woolen might just be there to swap away the ball.
I remember Sherm talking about how he and ET3 practiced tips. He knew where Thomas was while he was concentrating on defending the pass. I would think, at some point, those drills might be useful for Adams/Diggs and these gigantic CBs.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I remember Sherm talking about how he and ET3 practiced tips. He knew where Thomas was while he was concentrating on defending the pass. I would think, at some point, those drills might be useful for Adams/Diggs and these gigantic CBs.
I remember that too, the success of LOB was true team work, with Earl covering, Sherm could focus on turnovers or just swapping the ball away. Boys were close, no selfishness.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What truly make Sherm the best was his unparalleled ability to play the ball while in the air. He was 2nd to none in that regard.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Tarig was a former WR convert to CB, he's 6’4″ and 210 pounds with 33 1/2″ arms and 9 1/8" hands. He looks a lot like a young Sherman. But no, Sherm never ran 4.26, Tarig ran 4.2 in practice so 4.26 was somewhat of a disappointment. oh his vertical jump was 42". Let's hope Carroll's magic works on Tarig.

Also, Sherm and Desai are going to be huge factors. let's hope the culture of the team as well as the professionalism and direction of the coaching staff lifts this young man to a whole new level never seen before!