Tariq Woolen, our 4.26sec CB

BASF

Reaction score
I am curious about those of you talking about Sherman coaching up the young guys are aware that he is also helping the 49ers DBs as well?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am curious about those of you talking about Sherman coaching up the young guys are aware that he is also helping the 49ers DBs as well?
I am not aware of that, but still glad that he is helping out Tariq.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rich Sherman is first & foremost a student of the game, he played for BOTH the Seahawks & the 9rs, so there is that.
Sherman also recognizes talent when he sees it, so I can easily see why he would want to still be around the Relevancy of the game.
He's passionate about his knowledge of the position, and would love to be recognized for his cerebral input to the young guns out there trying to be all they can be in the game.
The fact that he recognizes star Possibilities in Tariq Woolen is kind of an uptick kick for me.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Let's be honest, Sherman was Sherman because of his football IQ and being a film junky. I doubt we see another player that puts those two things together as well as Sherman did. I like what I have seen from Woolen, but it is a bit of a stretch to equate the two past physical traits.
I think a LOT depends on how well Wollen can absorb the intricacies from Sherman on the position, I mean, he obviously has all the physical attributes to be one of the best.
I do know how important Recognition / repetition is to any position, and how Coaching tips come into play at game speed for SOME of these gifted athletes.
I think that's why Pete hung onto Flowers way past his pull date...He saw a guy with all the physical tools, but, you can only Coach just so much into a player, eh?
Just hoping Woolen is that exceptional guy to 'Get It' and become a Richard Sherman clone.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In case anyone hasn't yet noticed Woolen has changed his number to 27.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
What truly make Sherm the best was his unparalleled ability to play the ball while in the air. He was 2nd to none in that regard.
Something tells me Sherm could have been a great wide receiver too. He played the ball better than most receivers in the air. Sometimes he looked more like the receiver than the person he was guarding. His hands were also solid.

strohmin

Reaction score
Something tells me Sherm could have been a great wide receiver too. He played the ball better than most receivers in the air. Sometimes he looked more like the receiver than the person he was guarding. His hands were also solid.
Sherm was originally a wr in college before he switched to CB. He hated the fact that the WR relied on the QB deciding when to throw the ball to him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's pretty impressive how quickly this kid is picking things up. If he makes a rookie mistake, which is expected from time to time, he bounces right back.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
INT #2, this time a pick 6.

Woolen is coming along nicely, keep up the good work young man!!!! We have a lockdown CB in the making.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Yeah, this kid really seem's to have it. Pretty exciting to draft a corner with this kind of early production, while oozing with potential.
Anytime Tariq defends a pass to end a drive or makes an interception I think the code phrase should be; "Died in the Woolen".

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I just watched this video, figured I'd share it. Tariq is looking really good when you dissect the film and this is literally his 1st year. It's insane how well he's picking things up and his speed, HIS SPEED!!! I'm so glad they drafted him!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
FOUR ints!!! 4 INTs in 4 games, pretty soon OCs have to account for Tariq, couple more INTs, his side of the field will be quiet on game time.

LOCKDOWN CB here we come.