Tarvaris Jackson

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":1uk65jv3 said:
Hawkstorian":1uk65jv3 said:
I'm not trying to say he's the greatest QB in history or anything, but I'm not sure what he did to piss people off here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.2687280
And how about the story where he was cleared of all charges rather quickly by the Florida district attorney? In other words, he likely didn't do anything his wife accused him of. He also told Pete and John that the NFL won't suspend him. The Hawks have been in contact with him and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him back on our roster this season.

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":2k1w89c4 said:
ivotuk":2k1w89c4 said:
Me either. That gun incident really bothers me. Piss poor judgement, either with the gun, or the wife. He needs to lose the gun, maybe the woman too.

Either way, Pete and John always look to the future. If we dump Boykin now, we'll never develop a good back up QB. Keep the young man around, he's probably close to T-Jack's skill level but has much better reads, and he's the future.

For all we know, T-Jack may be washed up physically, those damn clipboards are heavy as hell.

Look at it this way, you don't have to go home to either of them so as long as he does his job on the field it's irrelevant.

Having said that we can't panic and just react, Boykin can cover and Wilson is fine.

:ditto:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3qbsxwlm said:
jkitsune":3qbsxwlm said:
Hawkstorian":3qbsxwlm said:
I'm not trying to say he's the greatest QB in history or anything, but I'm not sure what he did to piss people off here.

And how about the story where he was cleared of all charges rather quickly by the Florida district attorney? In other words, he likely didn't do anything his wife accused him of. He also told Pete and John that the NFL won't suspend him. The Hawks have been in contact with him and I wouldn't be surprised if we see him back on our roster this season.

I'm all for people keeping a gun at home for personal protection (*Sean Taylor), but I wish people would just get a stun gun to carry in their car or on their person if they are truly worried.

I'm a huge Tarvaris Jackson fan, liked him when he was at Minnesota, and think he's one of the best back up QBs in the league. Which is why I never understood 31 teams passing on him as a backup. He's better than 15 or 20 of those backups that other teams hire. But there seems to be a perception of him not being smart. Which is way off base.

I can relate to his situation with his wife, I had a love/hate relationship with my ex where the pain makes you want to lash out, but you can't. Passions that strong are hard to control, and the best option is to walk away, but then you start missing your partner, and your mind starts making things look better than they were, and the cycle starts all over again.

And it only makes things worse when you're unemployed. Speaking of which, I always wondered why T-Jack didn't live in or near Seattle. I know they traded him to Buffalo once, but nobody has been more supportive of him than the Seahawks. If he would have lived near the team, and hung out at the VMAC, he might have a job right now. Can't blame him for living in the "Tropics," but being in the NFL should be priority #1.

Whatever happens, I will always love him for what he's done for this team, and hope that he gets things worked out with his wife, and get rid of the damn gun! Or take some gun safety classes. If you're worried about the neighborhood you live in, move!

* http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1034 ... ylor-death

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Great post ivotuk,

Kind of makes me wonder if he's using this time to try to work things out with his wife one way or another and his family is his priority. And I'm pretty sure he makes his offseason home in his hometown of Montgomery, Ala. He has a football camp for kids there.
In any event, if he were to rejoin us, full disclosure of that incident in June would have to be made to Pete and John. Maybe it already has and like I said, he's prioritizing his family. If that's the case, I think our team would welcome him back with open arms when that time comes and he'd be a valuable addition in so many ways.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":whhtmhaw said:
jkitsune":whhtmhaw said:
Hawkstorian":whhtmhaw said:

And how about the story where he was cleared of all charges rather quickly by the Florida district attorney? In other words, he likely didn't do anything his wife accused him of.

The vast majority of domestic violence cases are never prosecuted because the victim ends up refusing to cooperate or files an affidavit of non-prosecution. Cases are frequently dismissed because obviously without a victim in these situations, the state has no case-not because the crime did not occur. Frequently the official dismissal reason would be a general "unable to prove elements beyond a reasonable doubt," "insufficient evidence" or rarely, a more specific "victim refuses to cooperate."

What most DA Offices have in place nowadays are requirements that the victim attend a series of counseling sessions at"safe place" or other similar designated locations. Then the case would be dismissed with the DA Office having protected itself if the perpetrator later comes back and harms the victim. These counseling sessions or requirement thereof are not disclosed to the public.

Latest posts