Tarvis Jackson??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
It's Tarvaris Jackson.

But to answer the question it's to help win games if your starter goes down, something an undeveloped QB doesn't do that well. That's your 3rd QB that you use to develop up (traditionally). Lets put it this way, RW goes down for four weeks, who gives you the better chance to win two or more of those games?

The undeveloped QB that throws to third stringers?
or..
The backup veteran QB that has worked with the team before and under the offensive co-ordinator?

Cartire

Reaction score
All this T-Jack hate. Man did just fine for us, and as a backup, is more then qualified.

He's a proven cog in our system, something that Quinn hasnt proved in any system.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lol at huge mistake. He knows the offense and is a solid backup. If Russell Wilson goes down for a prolonged period I'd trust Jackson over Quinn.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":1seobyeu said:
It's Tarvaris Jackson.

But to answer the question it's to help win games if your starter goes down, something an undeveloped QB doesn't do that well. That's your 3rd QB that you use to develop up (traditionally). Lets put it this way, RW goes down for four weeks, who gives you the better chance to win two or more of those games?

The undeveloped QB that throws to third stringers?
or..
The backup veteran QB that has worked with the team before and under the offensive co-ordinator?

This is 100% correct. You want a guy who can go .500, and keep you in the hunt if your starter goes down for an extended period of time. Jackson went 7-9 for a pretty bad team a couple years ago. He knows the offense. I would say he is one of the better back up QB's in the league

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
TJack is likely one of the top 5 or 6 back-up QBs in the league right now.

I hope that we sign him and let the mighty Quinn go.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I love this move.

And the fact that the Hawks were so quick to get him back should tell you all you need to know about Quinn. All this talk about how Quinn 'Studies real hard' can finally cease. Quinn isn't good and the Hawks know it.

Seriously, if you knew today that Wilson wasn't going to be able to play game 1 at Carolina, would you rather see Quinn or some "developmental" guy back there, or Tarvaris, who knows the team and has been a respected leader here???

Tarvaris did exactly what was asked of him the year he was here. He stepped in in a hugely difficult situation, to a team with a bunch of young guys who just experienced an NFL lockout in their first or second off-season. He's not a franchise QB and that wasn't why he was here. He was here to do one job - play decent ball, not allow a young team to take a step backwards after the lockout and lots of roster turnover, and hold down the fort for the future and that is exactly what he did. Exactly the kinds of traits you want a veteran backup to do.

Not allowing the team to take a step back that one season here, he gave the young guys the chance to develop and move forward.

I for one am hugely relieved to hear he is coming back. I have 0 confidence in Quinn.

King Dog

Reaction score
This is 100% correct. You want a guy who can go .500, and keep you in the hunt if your starter goes down for an extended period of time. Jackson went 7-9 for a pretty bad team a couple years ago. He knows the offense. I would say he is one of the better back up QB's in the league

Actually, I think Tarvaris went 7-7 that year.

Axx

Reaction score
Lmao, are backups suppose to be pro-bowl caliber QBs or something?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I will never understand the T Jack hate here.

He wasn't "terrible". He was respected by his teammates and he played hurt. He's more than serviceable, especially fitting in with a nearly elite defense, a power running game, an improving offensive line and lots of weapons.

What everyone that keeps crapping on this keeps forgetting is: (1) Brady Quinn isn't a better option. If you think he is, you are nuts. (2) It won't matter who the back-up is if we lose Russell anyways. The offense completely changes faces without #3 at the helm.

Get over the T Jack whining. He's a good dude and he can hold the fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.