Tate Says he would take less money to stay in Seattle

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BGHawk":3jw3donm said:
When you work for a first class org. and play for the best coach, with the best fans in the nfl..it would be hard to leave..not hard to understand, not to mention his relationship with teammates

People outside seattle just dont get this. I visit another forum and they think every city is the same and all fans are the same and theres no way any of our players will stay for less and they will all bolt for huge money. They just dont get Seattle and the fans.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SDHawk":3c1pn3oz said:
HawkWow":3c1pn3oz said:
Pretty sure Rice is gone bro. I like the hell out of Rice, but (IMO) you can't have your 1 and 2 with a history of injuries. IF we did, we'd need Tate more than ever, as shown this year. Because in a blink our 3 & 4 can become our 1 and 2.

Rice's only saving grace is that Bevell is still with the team. I would imagine that Bevell vouched for Percy so that he could run an offense similar to when he was in Minnesota. Rice is familiar with the offense and is still relatively young.

On the other hand, I think some here have amnesia as to Rice's effectiveness. He was above average in 2012, but in 2013, many were questioning his ability to separate and produce. For this reason, many were calling for Chop Chop to replace Rice in the starting lineup, even before Rice's season-ending injury. He showed an inability to separate on his balky knee - remember he had some procedure done in Switzerland to get his knee right.

Also reason why I am wary of Brandon Coleman in this draft. The knee procedure has me worried and from what I can tell, his production has dropped off considerably. I think Benjamin is the safer pick because he has a sturdy, durable frame. However, KB still remains an enigma in my mind. I keep thinking back to James Hardy and how there was similar fascination with his measurables, only to do squat in the NFL.

Totally agree. My fondness for Rice is more based on attitude and his ability to make that clutch sideline catch, but then he's redundant...and just a taller Tate / DB but without the same YAC ability. Not only was Rice failing to get separation, but he also likes to end every catch by falling to the ground.

Hard to knock any of our guys on a day like today and fortunately our FO can be ruthless if / when necessary. I only wish the best for him and I'm happy he got a ring.

General Manager

Reaction score
Good player but I'm not sure Baldwin isn't the better WR . He's made a ton of clutch plays in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. He is the new Bobby Ingram . I'd like to keep Tate but not at the expense of Bennett of any of the LOB. I guess it just depends on how much the rest of the league will pay as to weather or not he stays.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
General Manager":6y05jiow said:
Good player but I'm not sure Baldwin isn't the better WR . He's made a ton of clutch plays in the playoffs and the Super Bowl. He is the new Bobby Ingram . I'd like to keep Tate but not at the expense of Bennett of any of the LOB. I guess it just depends on how much the rest of the league will pay as to weather or not he stays.
I gotta agree with this..Tate also said a "little less"$..I think he dissapears in some games ,I think we are better off letting him go ..

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Reiterated this just now, 'to an extent' he'd be willing to take a little less. He said he thinks he's shown enough to earn the trust and respect of the Front Office in regards to a deal. Also said that though he hasn't discussed it yet, he 'has a number in mind' that he'd be seeking.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The Hawks might want to take care of Sherman and/or Thomas this year, just to get it out of the way and retain the corps of the LOB.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
WR is thin in free agency, I'm reading the market for Edelman could be in the $7 million/per range, which means Tate probably isn't too far off. Seems like Tate may be too expensive, I feel Kearse, Baldwin & Harvin is sufficient especially if we can find another Mike Williams type reclamation project in free agency (Jerome Simpson perhaps?)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
After seeing him waving that gigantic 12 Man flag in the parade, and hearing his thoughts in a quick interview afterward, I want him back more than ever. He really, really wants to be here. I don't think he'll be too expensive; I think he's going to be a big part of this team for at least the next few years.

BfwaHLtCEAEyn6s.jpg:large

Penman96

Reaction score
The draft is strong for recievers this year, a lot of the mocks have 4 or 5 WR's getting picked in round 1. This will maybe cool off the FA market for that postion. Hope so anyway, I'd like to see Tate stay on.

I'm sure him and all the other players know that we have a very very good chance to win another SB next year, crazy to leave this year if you're a player wanting a championship. There will be a lot of veteran FA's who will want to be here for 2014

SDHawk

Reaction score
Bennett said in his presser that he wants to be a Hawk for a the rest of his career...100%. He also said that he wants all the free agents back and specifically named Tate and Baldwin.

Bennett has the ability to make this a reality. The ball is in his court.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Talk about "bittersweet" for Clemons. The guy was a leader and knowing his job hung in the balance, worked like a madman to come back asap after an injury that ends some careers. Tough business and I wish him well (if we can't restructure / retain).

But back to business. Considering we still have him for a year and it appears he has a couple years left, I wonder if his ability to lead a young group of DL can net us a 6th for him?

Latest posts