Tedric Thompson ... Tackling his third season

Jville

Reaction score
This is the year confidence and trust for his tackling skills must be instilled in the minds of the coaching staff.

836680448 minnesota vikings v seattle seahawks

But while Thompson will have to compete to keep his spot, the fact that he has been healthy and consistent throughout camp is a big benefit, and as Carroll noted, he has been playing like a veteran more experienced than his years in the NFL. One way Thompson knows he can help his cause is to make sure he’s a sure tackler who can keep modest gains from becoming big ones. When Carroll talked earlier this offseason about what he wants to see his team improve upon heading into 2019, one thing he pointed to was cutting back on the explosive plays (runs of 12 or more yards and passes of 16 or more) that his defense allows.
“I’m planning on being a better tackler, improving my tackling,” Thompson said. “Being a free safety, one of the biggest things is being able to tackle, because if something happens and they get by the front-seven, we’re the last line of defense, so I’ve got to be able to bring those guys down. Instead of an 80-yard gain, make it a 13, 14-yard gain and line up for the next play… The free safety is the last line of defense, so I’ve got to be able to stop the plays if something happens in front of me.”

Seahawks Safety Tedric Thompson “A Lot More Confident” Heading Into Third Season >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-safety-tedric-thompson-a-lot-more-confident-heading-into-third-season[/urltargetblank]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":21a7nf11 said:
This is the year confidence and trust for his tackling skills must be instilled in the minds of the coaching staff.

836680448 minnesota vikings v seattle seahawks

But while Thompson will have to compete to keep his spot, the fact that he has been healthy and consistent throughout camp is a big benefit, and as Carroll noted, he has been playing like a veteran more experienced than his years in the NFL. One way Thompson knows he can help his cause is to make sure he’s a sure tackler who can keep modest gains from becoming big ones. When Carroll talked earlier this offseason about what he wants to see his team improve upon heading into 2019, one thing he pointed to was cutting back on the explosive plays (runs of 12 or more yards and passes of 16 or more) that his defense allows.
“I’m planning on being a better tackler, improving my tackling,” Thompson said. “Being a free safety, one of the biggest things is being able to tackle, because if something happens and they get by the front-seven, we’re the last line of defense, so I’ve got to be able to bring those guys down. Instead of an 80-yard gain, make it a 13, 14-yard gain and line up for the next play… The free safety is the last line of defense, so I’ve got to be able to stop the plays if something happens in front of me.”

Seahawks Safety Tedric Thompson “A Lot More Confident” Heading Into Third Season >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-safety-tedric-thompson-a-lot-more-confident-heading-into-third-season[/urltargetblank]
I don’t have much confidence in T2.
I don’t think he makes the team.
He is the Tharold Simon of safeties, IMHO.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bah. Luani is better than Thompson and Hill. Hope Pete and John don't go full stupid.

Tical21

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":xzw1hkwn said:
Well, they know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us. So, whatever they decide, cool.
Agreed. Those of us who thought Drew Nowak was terrible or the Cary Williams signing was awful should've never had the audacity to voice those opinions on a Seahawks message board.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Tical21":2w9en9wu said:
SoulfishHawk":2w9en9wu said:
Well, they know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us. So, whatever they decide, cool.
Agreed. Those of us who thought Drew Nowak was terrible or the Cary Williams signing was awful should've never had the audacity to voice those opinions on a Seahawks message board.

I think we all understand the spirit of his post. No where in there is a statement about the perfection of the front office. Just that their success rate is probably a lot higher than if any of us were running the show.

Latest posts