TERRIBLE TERRIBLE AWFUL PATHETIC DEFENSE

Jerhawk

Reaction score
JFC I'm so tired of Clint Hurtt and this terrible defense!!!!

I'm so sick and tired of this dudidjsnenfnfrmmzsdm%%

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Well Pete will come out and say….we fought to the end yet the niners had their fourth string players in during garbage time but he will try to make it a positive. Well congrats niners and our draft order improved , a win sort of

Ruminator

Reaction score
Defense has issues, but could've been much worse. They held the 49ers to 14 pts. (The 7 "free" pts on top of that was only by virtue of the Homer fumble that immediately put them at first-and-goal.)

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't get this... the defense was FINE tonight. The last play was a poetic way to end the game in terms of our problems this year but Christian McCaffrey did NOT run over this team all game like everyone predicted.

That last run sucked and the wide-open TD to Kittle sucked but NO defense is going to avoid giving up every big play all game long.

We stunk on the offensive side of the ball tonight. We had bad play calling early on, a giant blow of a turnover when we had momentum going, and when we finally got it all together it was too little, too late.

getnasty

Reaction score
I must be crazy because i thought the defense was pretty good tonight. That last run happens when you desperate but overall they played well. This one is on the offesne for sure.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't see it as on the offense. It's at least 50% on the D. While McCaffrey didn't run wild, he did run consistently for 4 a pop. Absolutely ground them down. That's still not good.

San Francisco got to dictate the game, and they had the rush game when they wanted it. They need to get actual crucial stops, but they come unglued at just the wrong time.

They're wussies. They're the antithesis of what a championship defense is, even if they do have some games where they keep the yardage total artificially low because they got ground down.

They need gutted. They need some energy and some damn attitude. They're so milquetoast right now that it hurts.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I must be crazy because i thought the defense was pretty good tonight. That last run happens when you desperate but overall they played well. This one is on the offesne for sure.
They were. They were tackling better, getting to the ball better, and not giving up on plays like last week. The defense came to game today. Our offense just wasn't there.

Geno started the game not of his game and Shane Waldron was very unimaginative in early play calling. Also, our rookie OLs got beat up a bit. That happens. They were facing Nick Bosa and the best defense in the NFL, so not entirely unexpected.

renofox

Reaction score
They had to gamble on a TFL on that play. 1st down or 50 yards - no difference.

Agreed that the Defense played OK and the Offense was sub-par, including Geno.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I don't see it as on the offense. It's at least 50% on the D. While McCaffrey didn't run wild, he did run consistently for 4 a pop. Absolutely ground them down. That's still not good.

San Francisco got to dictate the game, and they had the rush game when they wanted it. They need to get actual crucial stops, but they come unglued at just the wrong time.

They're wussies. They're the antithesis of what a championship defense is, even if they do have some games where they keep the yardage total artificially low because they got ground down.
Sorry, this is just off base. San Francisco didn't dictate the game on offense, they did it on defense.

We had the two longest drives of the game in terms of time taken off the clock. The problem was we settled for FGs both times. We ground ourselves down.

The defense DID get crucial stops. SF punted on more than half of their possessions (not counting the kneel down to the end the first half) and one of their 3 scoring drives was a gift from our offense.

And they certainly didn't play like wussies today. They were tackling well and staying with plays.

This is absolutely on the offense tonight.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sorry, this is just off base. San Francisco didn't dictate the game on offense, they did it on defense.

We had the two longest drives of the game in terms of time taken off the clock. The problem was we settled for FGs both times. We ground ourselves down.

The defense DID get crucial stops. SF punted on more than half of their possessions (not counting the kneel down to the end the first half) and one of their 3 scoring drives was a gift from our offense.

And they certainly didn't play like wussies today. They were tackling well and staying with plays.

This is absolutely on the offense tonight.

I mean, giving up 170 on the ground, an additional 217 to Brock Purdy passing and 6.2 yards per play is... still not good.

I also just flatly disagree that they aren't getting manhandled... again, 170... over 30 carries.

This is saying a lot, considering it's by far their best defensive performance in this recent stretch of historically poor run defense.

Watching a team get run on like this is vomit inducing. The worst kind of football to watch.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I mean, giving up 170 on the ground, an additional 217 to Brock Purdy passing and 6.2 yards per play is... still not good.

I also just flatly disagree that they aren't getting manhandled... again, 170... over 30 carries.

This is saying a lot, considering it's by far their best defensive performance in this recent stretch of historically poor run defense.

Watching a team get run on like this is vomit inducing. The worst kind of football to watch.
They were stopping the Niners more times than not. Is that NOT what a good defense does? You see the Seahawks forcing punts and that's what makes you want to vomit?

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. The Niners had ONE good drive then one blown coverage and then nothing for the rest of the game until that last run that was basically the Seahawks losing a gamble.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They were stopping the Niners more times than not. Is that NOT what a good defense does? You see the Seahawks forcing punts and that's what makes you want to vomit?

I'm sorry, I just don't get it. The Niners had ONE good drive then one blown coverage and then nothing for the rest of the game until that last run that was basically the Seahawks losing a gamble.

All defenses stop most third down attempts. Every single one in the league stops more than 50% of them. 6-13 is actually not good. It's just good in comparison to how shitty they've been otherwise.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
And, yeah, when they've given up well over a thousand yards rushing in the last half of the season and that continues with 170 tonight?

It disgusts me. It's my biggest hatred in all of the sport. Bad run defense.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
Stupid question when does it not fall on the coordinators and fall square on pete cause Ken Norton sucked for alot of years too

getnasty

Reaction score

They need gutted. They need some energy and some damn attitude. They're so milquetoast right now that it hurts.
He consistently ran for 3.4 yards per carry and popped 1 run for 23 yards early in the game. Rush defense has been trash all year but tonight not the case.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
All defenses stop most third down attempts. Every single one in the league stops more than 50% of them. 6-13 is actually not good. It's just good in comparison to how shitty they've been otherwise.
Niners score on almost 40% of all drives. This game they scored on 25% of their drives and one of those started on 1st and goal.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He consistently ran for 3.4 yards per carry and popped 1 run for 23 yards early in the game. Rush defense has been trash all year but tonight not the case.

Literally gave up 170 on the ground over 30 carries this game. We don't get to simply discount big plays.

This is not good run defense.