Terry Blount leaving ESPN

Seafan

Reaction score
Most of the pro journalists pale in comparison to the dedicated fanatic bloggers we have become accustomed as Hawk fans. Blount was your typical journalist. Wish him good horizons.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seafan":3gs0clm8 said:
Most of the pro journalists pale in comparison to the dedicated fanatic bloggers we have become accustomed as Hawk fans. Blount was your typical journalist. Wish him good horizons.

Yeah, I agree. He gave ESPN the standard fare of typical stories that play to a national audience. Wish him well and hope whoever replaces him will be more capable of in-depth reporting.

Fade

Reaction score
Terry Blount was terrible. He copy & pasted most of his work from other sources while doing the bare minimum. One of the few times he tried to do his "own work" was the -Russell Wilson is about to sign a contract- back in April. He lost all credibility and was super embarrassed after that, and I surmise at that point he started looking for a new gig back in racing.

ESPN can literally hire anyone who covers the NFL into his position and it will be an upgrade.

..but back to the celebration

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Blount was a joke that gave all hack columnist hope that they once one day could land a gig with a major company .

kearly

Reaction score
I have nothing against the guy, but his hiring as Seahawks writer had always mystified me. Who better to cover the Seahawks than a NASCAR writer from Texas? Anyway, he's actually getting a pretty nice gig writing for the NHRA (drag racing). Rather than crap on him as he leaves, I think it's best to see this as a win-win. If someone's writing isn't fun to read, it's probably safe to say that it wasn't fun for them to write it. He probably had as little fun doing a job covering the Seahawks as most of us would covering NASCAR in Texas.

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":1zyku6g0 said:
I have nothing against the guy, but his hiring as Seahawks writer had always mystified me. Who better to cover the Seahawks than a NASCAR writer from Texas? Anyway, he's actually getting a pretty nice gig writing for the NHRA (drag racing). Rather than crap on him as he leaves, I think it's best to see this as a win-win. If someone's writing isn't fun to read, it's probably safe to say that it wasn't fun for them to write it. He probably had as little fun doing a job covering the Seahawks as most of us would covering NASCAR in Texas.

Why do you always have to be level headed and nice about these things.

Just celebrate all ready.

Once upon a time, a horrible writer replaced one of the best writers on ESPN for the Seattle Seahawks. Half of that mistake has been fixed.

HawkGA

Reaction score
So seriously, when is he gone? I'm ready for the new person!

Tical21

Reaction score
I must confess, I don't really understand all the commotion. Where do you find his stuff, on espn.com? Gosh, I can't say I've been there in years. I can't imagine there is a single thing I could learn from a beat writer that hasn't been discussed in more detail here or on local radio.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I used to read Sando, and just stopped. He doesn't bring anything original to the table. Basketball and baseball teams need beat writers. So does college football. The NFL just doesn't. Everything is already covered. You've got to be pretty talented to come up with original stuff as a beat writer, and there just aren't many out there.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Tical21":3jcmyrco said:
I must confess, I don't really understand all the commotion. Where do you find his stuff, on espn.com? Gosh, I can't say I've been there in years. I can't imagine there is a single thing I could learn from a beat writer that hasn't been discussed in more detail here or on local radio.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I used to read Sando, and just stopped. He doesn't bring anything original to the table. Basketball and baseball teams need beat writers. So does college football. The NFL just doesn't. Everything is already covered. You've got to be pretty talented to come up with original stuff as a beat writer, and there just aren't many out there.

I actually agree. Regardless of who ESPN has covering The Seahawks, it is still a waste of time for me to read when I have .NET, Fieldgulls, etc....

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Russellmania3":3fncjvdv said:
Blount was a joke that gave all hack columnist hope that they once one day could land a gig with a major company .

lmao true

Fade

Reaction score
Tical21":gpbe3ssk said:

I used to be on the blog daily, then Blunt happened. I have clicked on it maybe 5 times in the 2 years Blunt has been doing it. So yeah it sucked seeing something I enjoyed visiting daily to becoming completely dead to me.

..but back to celebrating.

rocky-celebrating.gif

chris98251

Reaction score
Russellmania3":b1nhaeur said:

Queue Traumahawk entrance music.