Texans warned to stay in hotel, not order room service in M

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Texans just got a touchdown taken away from them. They called the play out of bounds (and thus unreviewable) when it went for a touchdown. Clearly did not step out of bounds. Refs took 36 yards and six (maybe seven) points away from them.

And they have to settle for a field goal instead. So those tracking this, that's four points the referees cost the Texans.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":l7c0gooz said:
Texans got robbed in Mexico... by the refs.

what really made me mad was the commentators after the game.

They acknowledged Texans got robbed a TD, then said, but who actually won the game? Oakland.

by 7 points! This is so wrong.

RedAlice

Reaction score
The Ref issue cannot be more extremely highlighted. It's outa control, and if this continues the game will become less.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Oh it is already less to a bunch of fans

RedAlice

Reaction score
IndyHawk":14eu2y30 said:
Oh it is already less to a bunch of fans

Yes, I know. It feels good tho to be mad about a game that affects neither my team or the NFCW.

It's like not firing Fisher: everyone in charge is blind! or cares not. Or is all $.

If Fisher is extended, I'm buying full season to both the LA and Long Beach Opera.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Plain and simple, Texans got hosed.

Between the Hopkins TD and the bad spots/ measurements, the refs took this game away from them.

e178ed7f58c0e41d5fd56debbf2e0d19.jpg

If this ball was rolled to the stick, tell me the nose of the ball wouldn't hit it.
This doesn't even account for how the ball mysteriously gets moved a few inches back from original spot.

Does the NFL have an agenda?

IDK but it sure seems like it at times like this.
I'll be curious to see the how "NFL films" does the highlights.

I follow the Texans a little bit but had no dog in this fight. Totally hate when this crap happens. It bad for the "game", and I think it's playing a big part in why ratings are down.

253hawk

Reaction score
I guess the Texans should have been warned about the refs and a-holes with laser pointers (seriously NFL, stop the friggin' game for that crap.) If that were Brady or Rodgers getting a beam in the face, the whole stadium would have been on lockdown.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1etmrh03 said:
JGfromtheNW":1etmrh03 said:
Pretty sure they're going to be praised for thinking ahead.... Going to Mexico City for top-level athletics is a whole different beast than American cities. Eat or drink the wrong thing and it's game over for a player, probably for the better part of an entire week, actually. Not to mention the crime down there.

I don't understand how or why the media would vilify the Texans for getting all their ducks in a row and addressing issues that, anyone who has ever been to Mexico or doesn't live under a rock, already knows as common sense.
Which media vilified the Texans?

My post was in response to someone saying the media was going to vilify the Texans for making this public, looks like that post (and possibly others above mine) was deleted.

Anyway, that game last night was brutal for the Texans. Really seemed like the officiating was one sided in this game, and the Texans coach was spot on about things that should have been challenged/overturned. There were so many things that should have been challenged he would have run out of red flags. Texans played well enough to win in my eyes, but had to compete with the opposing team, refs, fans and the laser light shows.

Beyond all that negative stuff, it seemed like the Raiders fans there and the atmosphere at the stadium was awesome. I'm interested to see what the overall sentiment towards the game and playing there will end up being this week.