RB room

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
massari":11rt6j2c said:
Thepeelsessions":11rt6j2c said:
Trust me, if you're looking for RB depth, there will be much better options in the FA pool
Well let's hear them

If we're looking at strictly depth Options, this is who I would take over Mike Davis. In no order.

Chris Thompson
Bilal Powell
Isaiah Crowell
Jordan Howard
Gus Edwards
Matt Breida

This year's draft is supposed to be one of the deepest in years. What they do regarding the RB position in the draft will be very telling on how they view Penny post injury and moving forward with Carson.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1k8v7rub said:
Pete seemed to indicate that Penny's knee injury was very significant. I doubt he is back next year and possibly not ever. I was thinking about the RB situation and its seems very likely to me this team either gets a free agent RB or spends more draft picks on one. Especially since, as good as Carson has been, he has been injured every year so far.

What I heard from Pete was that Penny was ahead in his rehab. It never looked like a serious knee injury as he wasn't carted off or really hit that hard.
So I think you are way off about Penny coming back. That being said I'm sure will track down some RB's to compete with Penny and Carson and be practice squad/ghost roster candidates. This year we got screwed because Detroit grabbed our cuts.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Bet we could get Leonard Fournette in a trade.

justafan

Reaction score
Ya its a tough call with so many unknowns. Im on board with Davis.The dude ran hard. We almost have to gamble that Carson will be back with so many needs in the trenches. The top 3 or 4 picks could be spent on the lines and I wouldnt complain but I understand it if they go Rb in the second or 3rd.

chris98251

Reaction score
We need a battle tank as a RB, we ask them to carry a lot here so 260 plus times a season is a lot of punishment, we don't need a guy that can run 4.3 but not break tackles, he can run a 4.5 but if he has good feet and initial burst break tackles and his longest run is 35 yards that works for us. We have Homer and whomever is in the wings as a third down or change of pace guy. The RB is going to need to be durable, have a nasty streak in the game and like contact.

massari

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2ndljwh6 said:
That Arizona run defense was literally worst in the league that year, so I never put any stock into that performance. If Mike Davis really was all that, he would have broken into a bottom barrel backfield this year. He stinks. It's hard to understand how some here were wanting Davis as the feature guy that year over Carson. Even Dave Wyman. Wyman is awesome, but that was just ridiculous. Look back at Davis' big games from that year, and you'll see that they all came against bottom 5 run defenses.
Davis was 19th in DYAR (just a few spots behind Carson) and had the 12th best DVOA (a few spots ahead of Carson).

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2018

Thepeelsessions":2ndljwh6 said:
Chris Thompson
Bilal Powell
Isaiah Crowell
Jordan Howard
Gus Edwards
Matt Breida.
The only guy I'd take for sure over Davis is Edwards, but he isn't even an UFA. Guessing he'd cost quite a bit more than Davis if he was unrestricted.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Appyhawk":m7ghczwv said:
Pete said this afternoon he is "counting on Carson", and that Penny doing great but in for long version of rehab.
Thanks for update. Sounds like Carson should be back and Penny probably not.